Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Great deal on 30"- 31" cats on Ebay

Look at the transom on the Skunk cat on post#7 https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...ght=skunkworks

The China cat on ebay is the same as skunk Gen1 cat and very similar hull bottom to a MM. Wouldn't you say?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Nortavlag Bulc

Quote Originally Posted by ray schrauwen View Post
    Look at the transom on the Skunk cat on post#7 https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...ght=skunkworks

The China cat on ebay is the same as skunk Gen1 cat and very similar hull bottom to a MM. Wouldn't you say?
    Looks pretty close. I believe the most important dimention in making cats able to turn/race is the length/width ratio. The MM is kind of like a "widebody" compared to the more scale appearing cats in popular use that go zoom-zoom but corner like King Henry VIII. I got my MM on the way-cheap & built it on a whim, 'tho I'm really liking it. I hope it becomes a Geico killer, although I've seen the Motley run and it's gonna' be hard to beat.
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Yeah, the MM is a great running cat.

This one is for the really rough water LSO or if we adopt it like you said, P-cat Lmtd sprint, 6 lapper. That would be fun.

I'm doing the sponsons on a MG right now, what a lot of work. Thats allot of dips...

The china cat above has nice flat true sponsons. Not too sharp but, not really bad either.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Seems the MM bottom differs from the SprintCat-always thought they were exactly the same...
    Odd, Remy told me the bottoms of both hulls were identical, just the decks differ...

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

No way! Look at aeromarines website or even in the for sale section you can see a Sprintcat is a different animal all together compared to a MM.
    Nortavlag Bulc

No way! Look at aeromarines website or even in the for sale section you can see a Sprintcat is a different animal all together compared to a MM.

Whoops, I may be wrong....

Just looked at the for sale thread and you're right. Bottom is the same.

I guess the chinese cat is a downsized version of a SC 34 or 36???

We will see...
    Nortavlag Bulc

I thought the 29" SC was the same as the 36" bottom.

This is a 36" SC. as you see, the design is similar to the chinese cat and also similar to a Systems cat too.

Can wait to get the strut and build it up.

New Skegged strut coming!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Nortavlag Bulc

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12