Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Speedfreak Gen2 Hydro Build

Well come on man lets get her wet. You do realize that monster is going to take a roll of tape to tape the hatch on. lol
    Seriously very nice job, can't wait to see it in person.

Quote Originally Posted by marko500 View Post
    Well come on man lets get her wet. You do realize that monster is going to take a roll of tape to tape the hatch on. lol
    Seriously very nice job, can't wait to see it in person.
    Your right about the tape lol! I'm struggling with hatch locks due to the shape of the hatch covers. Not really sure how to tackle this one Any suggestions Marko ?
    "If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective"
    45"Speedfreek
    , Fightercat #068 ​, MyYoutube Vids

Where did you get that pile of crap hull anyway?
    Team Liquid Dash

Quote Originally Posted by jj2003 View Post
    Your right about the tape lol! I'm struggling with hatch locks due to the shape of the hatch covers. Not really sure how to tackle this one Any suggestions Marko ?
    I had hatch locks on my cat and they leaked like crazy when it flipped. Keith Bradley has some nice ones but I use the thumb screws that hold screens on house doors with a rubber o-ring to seal them and a blind nut inside the hull. Cheap, waterproof and easy to get.

What do you want hatch locks for? Thats what tapes for. I submarined mine at close to 100 mph and the lid never came off. I use clear duct tape from target on mine. It tears easy with your hands and stays on at high speed blow overs.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by MarkF View Post
    What do you want hatch locks for? Thats what tapes for. I submarined mine at close to 100 mph and the lid never came off. I use clear duct tape from target on mine. It tears easy with your hands and stays on at high speed blow overs.

Mark
    I agree. I only have them on one boat. It has a real flimsy hatch and the holes were there already from a previous owner. Thought about them on my PT Stealth but tape has been fine as you said.

Quote Originally Posted by Raydee View Post
    Where did you get that pile of crap hull anyway?
    HeHe! Some guy told me it would be fast! So I was sold! Plus I wanted a bigger boat! How am I doin so far?
    45"Speedfreek

Quote Originally Posted by MarkF View Post

Mark
    Really!? Well, I dont trust myself by I'm getting so antsy maybe I'll forego the locks and get sosme exta wide tape! :) Thanks Mark!
    45"Speedfreek

Quote Originally Posted by marko500 View Post
    I had hatch locks on my cat and they leaked like crazy when it flipped. Keith Bradley has some nice ones but I use the thumb screws that hold screens on house doors with a rubber o-ring to seal them and a blind nut inside the hull. Cheap, waterproof and easy to get.
    That was my thought originally. The hatch is so oddly shaped that my idea to use some similar to the CF Cat I built last year wont work. Only 2 flat spots near the front of the hatch. I was considering using some CF rod at the rear with a barrel nut inside and then go thru the top of the hatch but I'm worried it wont be strong enough due to the length of the rod. I have some tall brass stand off's that I use for motherboards when I build PC's but I'm not sure I wany brass. I'd like to get stainless but Fastenal doesn't have any in the length I want. Decisions....decisions...hmmmm. O.K......Wide tape it's going to e for now. I cant wait any longer. RX pack is charging, Lipo's are still fresh. Any chance you or Ray have a 10s charger? I haven't gotten mine yet! ahhhhhhh:P
    45"Speedfreek

HeHe! Some guy told me it would be fast! So I was sold! Plus I wanted a bigger boat! How am I doin so far?
    I dont think it will even float.....Better send it back to me

That was my thought originally. The hatch is so oddly shaped that my idea to use some similar to the CF Cat I built last year wont work. Only 2 flat spots near the front of the hatch. I was considering using some CF rod at the rear with a barrel nut inside and then go thru the top of the hatch but I'm worried it wont be strong enough due to the length of the rod. I have some tall brass stand off's that I use for motherboards when I build PC's but I'm not sure I wany brass. I'd like to get stainless but Fastenal doesn't have any in the length I want. Decisions....decisions...hmmmm. O.K......Wide tape it's going to e for now. I cant wait any longer. RX pack is charging, Lipo's are still fresh. Any chance you or Ray have a 10s charger? I haven't gotten mine yet! ahhhhhhh:P
    Sorry my chargers are only good to 7s.
    Team Liquid Dash

Very old thread, did you ever get this boat on the water. I just acquired one and I'm looking for info on the boat.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12