Thread: Prop Nut size???

Default Prop Nut size???

I just got my Stiletto and was going to order a few parts to do the race prep and ordered a set of 3 prop nuts, like the zuber nuts, because the motor came with a big nylon lock nut. I have seen this type of nut fail in other applications after a few uses but the zuber type are smaller profile and outstanding for reliability.

The ones I ordered today look like the wrong size, too big; I ordered 10-32. The ones that came look like 1/4-20. I know the shaft size is 3/16 but I have never seen a 3/16 nut, at least not called a 3/16.

Before I make a fool of myself and contact the seller I wanted to find out the size of the prop nut. I went to HH and I guess they are upgrading the website because now a lot, most all, spec & product information tabs are blank now; the items need to complete buttons are gone as well.

Im not 100% but if its the same size as the blackjack 26 its 4m.

The vendor said he will send me out 3 of the smaller size, I will update the posting if the 10-32 are, or are not, the right size.

I found that I had one of the zuber style nuts on an older K&B engine that I can use but I actually haven't tried it yet.

It would make sense if the newer parts are metric and finding the older K&B part might be a MECOA only part, I will find out and update ASAP.

Update: I found out today that it is a 10-32 for a 3/16 prop shaft like we have on the Stiletto and/or K&B, Hyperformace outboards.
    Last edited by SkipJack; 02-21-2012 at 01:06 PM.