Thread: Stock ESC and motor?

Default Stock ESC and motor?

I posted this question in another unrelated thread, so I figured I'd get a quicker response here..

Will the stock setup handle two 3s lipo's, or a 3s and a 2s with the same mah?

don't take my word for it but if i am not mistaken i read that it can handle upto 5s if you install a UBEC or if you remove the red wire from the connector of the esc to the reciever and install a seprate RX battery pack.

my friend however which is on here told me he tried 5s with out any modifications and that everything ran cool.

but i am a n00b so hopefully some more experienced people will chime in.

Good Luck

6s no. The motor will handle 5s but I'm not sure about the esc. 2s+3s same mah ok

I would suggest to stick with 4S otherwise you will run the risk of failure or shorten the life of the motor.

Later,
    Mike

Its plenty fast with 4s, its just that I have an extra 3s pack I would like to use..

Try the stock setup with an x640.................... If you run a 2s and a 3s they need to be the same mah and "C" rating!
    NEED PARALLEL CONNECTORS?? QUALITY 5.5MM, 8MM, 8 AND 10 AWG, GET THEM HERE: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...est!&highlight=

Quote Originally Posted by Make-a-Wake View Post
    Try the stock setup with an x640.................... If you run a 2s and a 3s they need to be the same mah and "C" rating!
    I have a question. I run my MC parallel instead of series so i have two Turnigy 4s batteries 5000mah. BUT they are slightly different C rating one is 25c- 35c and the other is 40c - 50c

is that a problem? even though i think it is a little late for that as i have already ran my MC about 10 times with those packs.

It could cause a major problem right off the bat or it could abuse one batt that it will eventually give up, bloat, or explode...................
    NEED PARALLEL CONNECTORS?? QUALITY 5.5MM, 8MM, 8 AND 10 AWG, GET THEM HERE: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...est!&highlight=

Well I check the temps of the batteries. I usually only do a run of like 8-10 mins and the temp is always about 100* - 110*. Would it be better if I run on battery at a time? Even tho it's a hassle to re tape and stuff.

I'm using the Grim 42x55 prop now, will the x640 perform better?

I ran a 5400mah 3s 20c and a 5400mah 2s 20c and had no problems... everything was cold after a w.o.t. run for about 5 mins... and I havent even upgraded cooling...
    Lakeside entertainer

Quote Originally Posted by robde ul1 View Post
    I ran a 5400mah 3s 20c and a 5400mah 2s 20c and had no problems... everything was cold after a w.o.t. run for about 5 mins... and I havent even upgraded cooling...
    btw im running the grim 2300kv instead of the regular 1800kv if that makes a difference, idk...
    Lakeside entertainer

Is that the ammo motor?

no its the stock AQ motor thats in the UL-1...
    Lakeside entertainer

btw its a 2030kv... not a 2300 like i said... typo
    Lakeside entertainer

can you safely run the motley crew on 5s without any modifications and can you still use deans plugs