Thread: P Hydro hull "Wanted"

Default P Hydro hull "Wanted"

looking for a new P-hydro hull... 34" preferred....suggestions are welcome as to what to look for?

Thanks,

Todd

check out the ml boatworks p hydro. pics of it in build section his boats are worth it

I have a 31" H & M SS21 hydro hull and hardware for $120 shipped if your interested. Let me know and I'll get you some pics

RCK

Do you want a P Sport hull or P rigger?
    Brian "Snowman" Buaas
    Team Castle Creations
    NAMBA FE Chairman

I am leaning towards the Aeromarine Sport .21 I like the 33 inch beam. I have an Insane FE30 originally setup for P Hydro and have since gone with the LSH setup for race heats. I've seen one race and was impressed with the stability in race condition in P hydro. I appreciate the offer RCK... I'm still new to RC boats and haven't a clue as to how the H & M Sport 21 will perform in P hydro race conditions? Let me mull it over for a liitle bit before I give the nod...any feedback is appreciated!

could I get a pic RCK?

Have you looked at the Phil Thomas boats?? Or the Whiplash?? Or the M&L BoatWorks new FE boat??
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

I just went to the M&L Boatworks build thread and I must say very impressive! I haven't gotten to the scratch build stage yet in my short time in FE boats but one day! I guess there isn't too many options that max out the legal 34" P-Hydro length without building one from scratch? A buddy has the Phil Thomas Stealth he runs in LSH that I get to envy all the time! Mainly looking for as legally big as I can get for P-Hydro.

here are some pics of the hull

100_8113.jpg100_8116.jpg100_8114.jpg

I was getting it ready to paint. looks like 32" with the hardware

Quote Originally Posted by Clueless1 View Post
    Mainly looking for as legally big as I can get for P-Hydro.
    You are right... options are thin for pre-built 34" P-Sport Hydros... Mike (M&L Boatworks), however, can build you one of his in that length. I believe he is offering it in a 33"-ish version...
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

The 20L Mike offers caught my eye so I guess now I need to decide to build or not to build??

Thanks for the input guys!

RCK- Thanks for posting the pics but I'm stuck on maxing the size as much as possible.

Rc kong, ill take the hydro as pictured for $120 shipped if the other guy dont want it.

if u deside to get one of ml boatworks hulls u need to contact mike right away for one built because the list keeps growing everyday

Great offer from RC Kong! Larry can take it off your hands

Thanks for everyone mentioning my product on this thread. That is very cool of you. Clueless, i am finalizing the 20L plans this week, and it will be 33.5" in length to keep it just under the limit. I build my designs as well in case you are not to the stage that you want to tackle a kit. Please do call me if you have any questions at all. Thats what i am here for! Thanks, Mike Luszcz, www.ml-boatworks.com, (252 717-6282
    Laser cut, birch plywood rc race boat kits- WWW.MLBOATWORKSRC.COM WWW.DINOGYLIPOS.COM

A hull length of exactly 34" can be ran in both P sport hydro and larger Q sport hydro class.

Quote Originally Posted by cybercrxt View Post
    Thanks for everyone mentioning my product on this thread. That is very cool of you. Clueless, i am finalizing the 20L plans this week, and it will be 33.5" in length to keep it just under the limit. I build my designs as well in case you are not to the stage that you want to tackle a kit. Please do call me if you have any questions at all. Thats what i am here for! Thanks, Mike Luszcz, www.ml-boatworks.com, (252 717-6282
    Mike, I am trying to talk Todd into building one with me (we run together at least weekly). If I succeed, maybe we have two kits sent together - if that would make things easier. Also in that case we would only need one set of plans - keep your cost down. I think I almost have him convinced...
    put us in line for two kits.
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

Jesse, That is very cool. I will knock off some money for shipping if you have 2 shipped together. The instruction manual will be on ose to start with, then it will have it in a word document after I compile it. If anyone has any questions during the build, I can shoot more and more pics as I have an order list of 10 or so to build for people. Please keep me updated. You guys will love the boat. I have over 100 kits available at this point, and the Sport 20 is my new favorite to run! It will be yours too! Talk soon, Mike (252) 717-6282

Detox, I would do it 34", but I strongly believe 34" is just to small for Q power. Besides that, the 39" Sport 40 hull has so much more room for gear, it would be hard to not want to use it for Q!
    Laser cut, birch plywood rc race boat kits- WWW.MLBOATWORKSRC.COM WWW.DINOGYLIPOS.COM

good deal, just to be clear, we are interested in the 20L version - how would an 8XL motor be for starters? eventually going black, but to get her wet, I was gonna start there.
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

Jesse J I have several FDM Nemesis Blue 8XL and 9XL motors in great condition for cheap if your intersted

Jesse, That sounds good. I started on the sport 20L design this morning, and hope to have it done later today. Talk soon, Mike

8xl should work. I plan on using a 1512 2750kv, or Something along those lines. Depends if Neu will ever repair my motor...............

Wow Jesse...FREAK!!!! lol So When are we getting the kits??? Can I at least get the Titan 40 race ready first?

Great looking Hydro Mike!

yes, soon and yes.
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

Ok freak!

Quote Originally Posted by Clueless1 View Post
    Wow Jesse...FREAK!!!! lol So When are we getting the kits??? Can I at least get the Titan 40 race ready first?

Great looking Hydro Mike!
    Any pics, or specs on your Titan 40? I am building one now, and I'm curious as to, "race ready".
    Another Todd

Not sure it's good,bad or scary that to Todd's with our user names building Titan 40's?! :-) I've got some pics on this iPod but not sure how to attach yet? I've got the hardware installed on the back and motor mount glued down before I went out of town on Sunday. I'll figure out how to get some pics on Thurs. to show.

Here's a few photo's so far. Jesse J did the bondo work on the sides and the paint! Speedmaster hardware.New Image.jpgNew Image 2.jpgNew Image 3.jpgNew Image 4.jpgNew Image 5.jpg

Looking great! I too am working on a Titan 40. Converting mine from brushed motor/NimH packs to modern. I should have it done by 3/3

Sounds good guys. I hope to have the first kits soon! Thanks, Mike

Quote from Clueless1, "Here's a few photo's so far. Jesse J did the bondo work on the sides and the paint! Speedmaster hardware."
    A classic, and traditional paint scheme, I like it! Makes her really look scale. Was bondo done for repairs, or for some kind of modification? Bought mine used with 1/4 ply rails glued, and glassed, but I am still going to cf
    up to the bow, and over the seams. I saw firsthand another Titan 40 split at the seam, and have read it happened to others as well. Other than a nice roost, do you really feel that an adjustable shaft will do something
    on *this* boat? What is your rudder set-back? I am repainting my boat, but I'm going to keep the same theme I got her with, just make it better with a bit of metalflake. I will call her my Star Spangled Boater.
    Good luck, and Regards; Todd in Williamsburg Va.
    T33 001.jpg

P.S. and yes the stupid looking silver cockpits will be re-done, thanks for asking.

Todd,
    you can never go wrong with the stars and stripes...God bless America! I did lay some 5oz glass in it and will run some epoxy upfront along the seams for some added strength. The bondo and the scale look was all Jesse J (Mr.Scale) to give it's own identity and in turn also should give added strength to the hull. This month is my 1 year anniversary in FE boats so I am still trying to figure things out and the floating/adjustable shaft was a recommendation from my friends to allow for more adjustability with larger props.This is the second mono that I've done and it's working for me.

P.S. I was wondering about the stupid silver?