Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cad/cam and Machining Services

Hi Joe
    Its an 8-32 thread. I would need 4 pcs. 1 inch long, preferably stainless, with as big of a hole in it as possible.
    Thanks
    Jeremiah

Great hardware design Joe.

Jeremiah, I've done some looking around to see if there are items out there that you could build up the dual rudder linkage your looking for. I dont have a lathe, I just do mill work, and your parts need to be turned on a lathe. You will find alot of rod ends and turn buckles in the rc car parts areas. Much of this stuff can be put together to achieve what you are trying to do.

Quote Originally Posted by 120man View Post
    Hi Joe
    Looks like you do incredible work.
    I need help on a dual rudder setup. I need to attach a steering linkage to the water passages of 2 rudders, and keep the water flow from the pickups. Im thinking if you can make me a threaded tube to screw in, I can attach the link to that and put the coolant hose on last. Here is a rough pic of what Im going for...
    Attachment 82900

I was hoping you could open up the hole and re-thread it to a larger size, but Im not sure there is enough room.
    If you have a better Idea, or if I can clarify in any way let me know. If I can get a "round about" price that would be great
    Thanks,
    Jeremiah
    Jeremiah, it would be easier to extend the rudder pivot pin to create the linkage you want. You can use a drill bit shank cut off with dremel to get one longer than stock. I did this on a mono way back using speedmaster hardware.

You can't use the water pickup beacause it would need a bearing since it is off the turning axis.
    Nortavlag Bulc

OK joe, I really appreciate you looking into it and Ill for sure keep you in mind for future projects.
    Jeremiah

Ray,
    I think I understand what youre saying. Ill definitely look into that. Thanks for the tip.
    Jeremiah

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12