Thread: weight- more or less?

Default weight- more or less?

I recently noticed the bow of my blackjack 26 was "weak" it flexed to the touch, would putting a layer of fiberglass up there be adding to much weight? or does weight matter with boats? please help i dont wanna do more damage than good, im used to running with others who like to "bump" into ya at a high rate of speed and i dont want my boat to tear open
    thanks

the weight shouldnt really be enough to both it if you thin up the resin a little so its not brushed on so heavy

well i went ahead and put a layer in it, the issue is i put more than i wanted so it feels about a half pound heavier now but it is wicked strong, i wasnt able to keep it consistant with thickness working with out seeing what i was doing, but wont more weight help with trimming it out? or did i just ruin a boat

you should be ok if you have to you can move your batts back alittle. Idk how fast you run but on my boat, it seems to handle speed better with my gps in front of the motor. it might mess with you 0-top speed a bit.

well i bought a tortured hull and stock hardware dirt cheep lol so im building a boat i guess ya could say, its never hit the water yet, i know after adding some resin an matt this is like a tank im putting a velineon 3s in it first cuz im to cheep to buy a motor an esc so if that dont let me have fun then hobby partz here i come

If its the 3500kv VXL it will get too hot and shut down into protection mode! i ran it in a small mono and. . .well if you want i can post pictures of what i tried to do for water cooling but the stock BJ26 motors are great and only 80 bucks! match that up with any 60a brushless esc and your rocken! one good thing about the vxl is it has very good protection and that makes it hard to fry it!...run small props!

sweet that is most help ive had yet!!!! i put the velineon in a old kyosho wave chopper with litterly biggest prop i can fit an 3s lol lets say the stupid lil thing would leap a good foot out of the water an be gone and ill try to up load pics of how i figured out how to cool the esc, i orderd a motor jacket today for it

2012-02-14_23-39-39_213.jpg2012-02-14_23-39-39_213.jpg

this is how i water cooled it an the white is thermo paste i figured more the marrier