Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mystic C5000 1140mm new projet build

Quote Originally Posted by cyprus31 View Post
    ohhhh God help me. Still waiting those bloody struts to arrive from Germany.
    Oh noooooo should be soon yes? Wanna see some boat building and a quick maiden

Finally got everything today. A long busy weekend is coming. Hope to finish building everything. Cant wait to get her wet.

Take it slow my friend, only dril/glue once :) HURRY UP!! LOL

Well guys below some pics of todays build progress. Surts, motors, shafts, water in-out and other parts already in place. Still wait for the new Spektrum low profile servo to be fitted and glue the servo and Esc mounts. Hopefully to finish by mid of next week and hopefully to start testing various setups.

Anybody knows where the CG is of the Mystic?

IMG_0804.jpgIMG_0805.jpgIMG_0806.jpgIMG_0808.jpg

Well done Nick!! You don't waste anytime. Make sure you install some kind of flex safety, can just be a small 3/16 collet very high risk of loosing shaft on those boats. I lost it the first day LOL
    Last edited by nata2run; 03-03-2012 at 11:28 PM.

MORE PICTURES ........ under hull as well, would like to see how you did the water intakes

Hi there Nick, some figures from the German forums.
    Leo's 4082 2200kv With X450/3 144kmh (142kmh with 4616/3)

TEMPS IN COLD WEATHER
    Motor 70c
    ESC 50c
    Batt 50c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RG9e4...ature=youtu.be
    Last edited by nata2run; 03-06-2012 at 03:14 AM.

Hi there Kent
    Thanx for your update. Any website recomendatios for buying these props?

Just finished today the water in-out system and will update pics later on today.

Steve here on OSE has them 450/3's, I also got them. They do look big and scary but it seems to be working will put them on my mystic when I feal good and ready to go 140+

let's see some pictures...hehe

Hi Guys
    finally I finished the whole projet. All water in-out cableing in place and GPS also mounted. Hope to get her wet during the week. Will first start with X442 props and 4s lipos just to test that everything works and then start boosting.
    IMG_0810.jpgIMG_0811.jpgIMG_0812.jpg

Looks very nice Nick! how about under the hood with all the tubing?? did you get the low profile servo yet?

Hi there Kent
    Servo is out of stock currently from the local importer. I will order it from internet. I am fed up with the locals here. Regards the tubing inside I found locally from an electric shop special fire-profe coating which I fitted everywhere on all water tubes. Will upload pic later.

NICE!! look forward to seeing that

Hi Guys
    and a final picture of the finished project of the inside and one of myself with my beauty. Today I run it for the first time at a big lake just outside my town. A few proplems came up with the first setup and tomorrow will go with a different setup and see.

IMG_0815.jpgIMG_0816.jpgIMG_0817.jpg

Nick all looks very nice, what went wrong? and where is the video??? you cant have a boat like this and not have any video LOL

After the initial setup which was a bit risky, i managed to obtain a top speed of 109.50 klm. I wasnt very happy though with the stability of the boat and also i had water linkage inside the hull. One of my water tubes failed. All fixed now.
    I strongly beleive that a pair of 3 blade props will fix the stability prop. I just placed an order from UK Props for 445/3 and 447/3
    Lets see

Very fine to here the storys, still hard building but not now wich props i will order.
    The shop in the UK is the most logical to order from Belguim? ore are there more shops that can deliver props in Belguim?
    succes with the test of your new props i will follow your storys

Silver

o mThanx Silver
    this shop in UK sounds very professional to me: http://www.prop-shop.co.uk/

Are you building also the Mystic 114 boat?

Hi Syprus,
    thanks for the web-page

I'm also building a Mystic 114 with leopard 4082-b 2200kv but its going slow, have to find some time more to build.
    if i see you and Nata2, how fast you are building its so cool.
    when i have some time i will post some pics.
    have still to bye two esc, props and batterys

regards
    Silver

Silver, the thing is.... if you have all the parts and know where they are going, then its a quick build. If your just looking at the hull not knowing where to start, it will take forever. I was looking at the hull all day before I got the currage to drill the first hole

Take it easy Silver. If you are not an experienced builder then please ask here if you are not sure about something. Kent (nata2run) is a very helpfull guy.
    Kent maybe you can upload here the file of where the struts sit.

I can do, but I know silver has been following my build. If there is something you need silver, measurements or idears please feel free to ask
    I can even email you templates of where to drill.

https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...M-1140mm-build

Thanks for the support, will soon start to proseed with the building.
    looking already months to the hull but by it self it will not finnish.

the templates are ok that is not the problem.
    But i'm still not realy now where the exact position is of the engines.
    Maybe Kent you can give me some measurements to lamminate the to motor plates?

I will start also a thread so you can follow how it is going in Belguim.

regards Silver

Hi silver, I'm going to answer in your thread :)

just as a hint to all the builders of MHZ Mystic 1140's on this thread.

Either 2x Leopard 4074/2Y with 2150kv or Leopard 4082/1.5Y with 2200kv used on T180 ESC's and 6S 5000mAh 40 lipos or above will give you speeds around 145km/h or above with right trimming already on Octura X447's S&B. Hardly any need to prop up to something like X450/3's, as I think they are a little "too" much for the setup.

Best regards,
    Manuel

I think X450/3's on Leo's might be instant also spinning them at 55440rpm with 4082/1.5Y with 2200kv is a bit over the top, no? you want a boat for more than 5min? I have a lot of respect for Manual, but he's a bit of a "SAW KING" LOL not in a bad way Manual....dont take it wrong.....but when Manual goes "morning boating" he brings eggs and bacon and simply puts them on the components, and kills 2 birds with 1 stone I think a "safe" setup with the Leo's may be around the 115km/h with components staying between 40c-60c degrees.

@ nata2run:

A 4082/1.5Y won't spin 55440rpm, expect more something like 42.500 with X447's. And I wouldn't call myself SAW king including usually cooking my lunch on my components. Even in SAW trim I expect my components to stay cool (<60°C).
    Guess how I know that it works as posted above with the Leos - well because I tried:

Components were around 35°C after that run, with 5000mAh 40C instead of the used 4000mAh 40C you can expect more. If your aims are around 115km/h I'd go back using just 2x 5S 5000mAh 40C.

Best regards,
    Manuel

Manual I know you are getting that kind of speed, I have seen that myself. The Lucas Oil right? HPR115. It's impressive with a small setup like that. I am totally not having a go at you, but would you honestly call this a reliable safe setup? What you can do is one thing, what you recommend to others, well? I so far only see you @ 150km/h with that kind of setup.

Saw King is good :) what's wrong with that

Hi Nata,

well I'd call it quite reliable. Sure there is not that much spare room for making mistakes, but also with much more expensive components you don't have much more room for making mistakes in these speed regions (expect for setups like 2x LMT 2240/8 LK and AS 26.200 ESC's...). In Germany there are a few more who run this setup at quite the same speed.
    As I wrote for more moderate speeds I'd use 2x 5S instead of 2x 6S because thats better in my eyes than using smaller props. With X447's speeds over 120km/h are still possible without problems.

The reason for my post was yours:
    Steve here on OSE has them 450/3's, I also got them. They do look big and scary but it seems to be working will put them on my mystic when I feal good and ready to go 140+
    My aim was to note that already with X447 you will get some serious numbers, not much need for using bigger props.

Best regards,
    Manuel

Quote Originally Posted by ManuelW View Post
    Hi Nata,

well I'd call it quite reliable. Sure there is not that much spare room for making mistakes, but also with much more expensive components you don't have much more room for making mistakes in these speed regions (expect for setups like 2x LMT 2240/8 LK and AS 26.200 ESC's...). In Germany there are a few more who run this setup at quite the same speed.
    As I wrote for more moderate speeds I'd use 2x 5S instead of 2x 6S because thats better in my eyes than using smaller props. With X447's speeds over 120km/h are still possible without problems.

The reason for my post was yours:

My aim was to note that already with X447 you will get some serious numbers, not much need for using bigger props.

Best regards,
    Manuel
    Manual,
    Thanks for confirming!! my issue/delemma is that I now run 1717/1580 on 6s. Without bigger props or 8s I dont think I will make it over 100km/h
    I have ordered some 1816/3 just to see how I go maybe 115km. If all goes well I might try the 450/3 maybe around 130km?

if its safe I could ofcause run 8s on current setup and maybe get around 130km?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast