Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mystic C5000 1140mm new projet build

Default Mystic C5000 1140mm new projet build

Mystic C5000 1140mm new projet

Hi Guys
    after a long waiting time of over a month, I finally received last friday my new baby .

MHZ Germany though did not sent me the struts and some other parts. No I have to wait another 2 weeks for those parts to be re-stocked and another 10 days until they are shipped to me in Cyprus. Oh God. What a nightmare !!!

I also got the JBS racing decal system. Besites they were a bit of expensive now I realized why. Top quality graphics.

I intend to run it with the following setup:
    2 x 4082 2200kv Leopard motors
    2 x 200A Swordfish Esc

I also have 42mm, 45mm and 47mm L/R props to do my tests before I decide for the next steps.

I do not want to wait another 3-4 weeks before I start building my Mystic therefore I will fist sent it for paint then I will bring it back to apply the JBS decals and then must go back for a clear coat.

Any sugestions guys for abtaining maximum speeds are welcomed

Thanks
    Nicholas
    Attached Images Attached Images

OH YEAH!!!! This should be good.....you will be on the water before you know it

Will this be on 5 or 6s??
    Last edited by nata2run; 02-12-2012 at 08:59 PM.

Thanks very much nata2run

The 2200 kv on 5s with x447 will be a hotish setup definitely make sure you run sharpened and balanced props. It should give you 120 ish km/h my leopards are only there to play around if all goes well I will soon upgrade.

Good luck with the build.

My 2200kv will be always on 6s and all the props which will be using are balanced and sharpened. Hopefully I dont start flipping this beauty becasue of high speed

Congrats Cyprus. Cant wait to see here done. Any chance you could post a pic of the graphics. Ive sent them a few emails over the last 2 months about those JBS decals and have got no response. Im trying to figure out how much is paint and how much is decal as Id like to put them on a race boat, and as we all know, race boats get scuffed, and Id rather it be all decal than fades, etc of paint.
    Thanks!

Hi tiqueman and thanks for your wishes.
    Its strange they havent replied to you becasue whenever I contact them I always get a reply latest the next day. Please see below un uploaded image of the JBS decals on Mystic. Mine is currently at the painters shop for a new paint before I apply the decals. After I will have to take the boat back to the painters shop for the final clear coat.
    Its a hell of a job mate but never mind because I like doing it after a long day full of stress.
    regards
    Nicholas
    mystic.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by cyprus31 View Post
    My 2200kv will be always on 6s and all the props which will be using are balanced and sharpened. Hopefully I dont start flipping this beauty becasue of high speed
    Wow 2200kv on 6s with large props careful though. From what I can read they start wanting to take off at around the 130 km/h but that's still fast. Look forward to see some progress soon and especially the JBS scheme it's my favorite.

Hi Guys
    finally today my Mystic will come home from the painters. (will upload some pics later) Below is a picture of my hardware which I intend to start with.
    2 x Swordfish 200A Esc with extra capacitors
    2 x Leopard 4082 2200kv with cooling jackets
    4 x 3s Nanotech (connected as 2 x 6s packs) 5000mah 45-90C

Also through this forum I would like to thank my friend Kent (nata2run) from Australia for his great assistance in building this beauty.

IMG_0760.jpg

Hi Nick, very kind of you. All the best mate with the build. Althought there are many clever people here, don't be afraid to ask.

Kent

Guys
    please let me know your Props recomendations for obtaining high speeds. I currently have Octura X442 L/R (not balanced/sharpened), Alum X445 (balanced and sharpened) and Alum X447 (balanced and sharpened). All props with 1/4 pitch.
    Would love to also try 3/blade but dont know which one.

MHZ has 49mm 1/4 pitch 3/blade which I would love to try.

Uhhhh careful, I would try 445 first I think it's almost the limit for your setup 447 on 5s 450 on 4s not sure about 3 blade maybe 445/3 on 5s you have the y wind motor?

Pictures Pictures Pictures Pictures

Guys
    I finally got my Mystic back from painters yesterday. I did not like at all the work on it so I gave it back for respraying the whole lot.

Pictures will be uploaded soon

Hehe fuzzy like myself. Made sure I let them know, one mistake and they can repaint
    Last edited by nata2run; 02-17-2012 at 10:24 AM.

Yea Kent, I really went mad when I saw the paint. They think that this is a $50- toy. When I told him how much I paid for it and still paying he was shocked

That's funny, I told the painter the same, he said I'll charge you $50 to paint the hull. I said yeah sure! The hull is more than your car LOL I guess people not into the hobby will never understand. Painter ended up spending the whole day on my hull. Lol

I stopped counting the expenses on the hull. Maybe it's better that way. Sadly you have to get it resprayed.

I finally got it back today. Now looks great. I hope to find some time over the weekend to start with the JBS decal system. Ohhhh this looks difficult.

Pictures? And yes decals are hard to do.

I finally finish installing the decals. Guys this is very hard job to do. MHZ decals of JBS is not what I expected. Hard material not easy to curve at all and in many cases the transfer film was so hard which was impossible to release the sticker on the boat. The 2 main side stickers were totally crap so I decited not to put them. I used parts from them to fill up empty spaces on Mystic. The rest you can see on below pictures. Also below you will see the custom stand and also a custom cover.
    Enjoy. IMG_0786.jpgIMG_0788.jpgIMG_0789.jpgIMG_0790.jpgIMG_0791.jpg

Some more pics.

All comments welcomed

IMG_0798.jpgIMG_0799.jpgIMG_0800.jpgIMG_0801.jpg

Now I am waiting the struts and some other carbon parts to be delivered from MHZ Germany. I alrealy have the boat for more than 3 weeks and still waiting those parts to arrive. I cant beleive these people.

I haven't put my decals on yet as I own the exact set, not looking forward now after reading this Cyprus31. Rigged the same hull but used dif motors:scorpion out runners 3026, 2300kv 200amp esc's. The MHz edition hk's with the built in cooling lines... Shweeet!

Btw why are you waiting so long? It took less than a week for my entire order of hull and hardware that I ordered just before winter this past year 2011. Shirley ? I presume was the contact of whom you ordered from. If not try emailing her she's quick with responses and was very helpful to me. Good luck any questions feel free pwb201

I'm the same got everything in less than 10 days?? Shirley ROCKS :)

By the way, does anyone have a template for the windscreen? a scan or a file I can cut out? I thought i would ask before I spend hours the hard way.

Hi Kent (nata2run)
    the windscreen sticker came sticked on a white A4 page so I wouldn't be able to copy it for you. Another guy in this topic has it Pwb201 and he can scan it and email it to you. I will also write him to ask him through this forum.

Hi Pwb201 and welcome to this forum.
    Shirley from MHZ Germany indeed is very helpful person. They they shipped the Mystic over to me I didnt know that the struts and other carbon parts were out of stock. They could easily informed me prior.
    I finally got an email from her yesterday that the missing parts came in stock and she shipped them to me. Now I will have to wait another 2 weeks for parts to arrive in Cyprus.

A small favour to ask. Could you please upload a scanned copy of the windscreen black sticker? Please scan it 100% size so can Kent (nata2run) will cut a copy.

Be very carefull with the stickers. This is very hard job to do. I got a friend of mine which its his proffesion doing decals and he said this was the most difficult job he did in his carear. As you will see on above photos the 2 big side stickers with flames were not fitted because they kept bending during the proccess and I went so mad about this and peeled them off.

Have fun.

oh ok sweet, thank you. Hope to see some more pictures soon....

Nick, looks fast already! Love the cowl locks! How did you do it? Cause that's the only thing I'm missing on mine. Except graphics and more bling LOL. I know you hated the decals, but be extra careful installing hardware and drilling the wrong holes...remember the water intake, as close as possible to the tunnel, and 15mm from rear. You want to go fast so you need some cooling.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast