Thread: blackjack 26 with Velineon

Default blackjack 26 with Velineon

Hi i recently bought a tottaled blackjack 26 it has steerable outdrives and all stock hardware, I paid 50$ it needed some body work but it have it looking great just sprayed it with paint acccaully but my question is how well will the Velineon 3s work in it? I made me a cooling jacket for motor and esc so over heating wont be an issue but has anyone tried this? please help ive read all the posts about the blackjack 26 and saddly none answered what i needed

sorry about spelling

Yah high Kv motors dont like boats the 1/10 Scale vxl is a 3500 kv system and thats to much rpm! i have tried a few car/truck motor/esc combos before on small monos just because i had them laying around but they just arent suited well for boats. you want a low kv motor -2200kv for the blackjack the stock motor was a 36mmx50mm can and a 1500kv. this is well suited for this boat. i recomend you start with the stock motor and get the proboat 60a esc. but if you do run the vxl use the stock prop or smaller and post a video! i want to see how it does in a cat! good luck have fun!
    Last edited by Stephavee; 02-15-2012 at 03:58 PM.

Heat will be an issue. The motor is not a very good choice IMHO. The kv is to high liked mentioned and on 3s the rpm's will be way to high. Boats like torque (lower kv motors). The bigger the boat the more torque (lower kv). A good motor for your blackjack would be something in the 1800-2000 kv range on 4s. In boating target unloaded kv is mid to upper 20k unloaded - low to mid 30k unloaded. The best thing I can tell you and will save you a headache is everything about cars typically does not work at all in boating. The amp loads are extremely higher in boating. Trust me on that one, most guys here myself included have land air and sea rc's and the crossover to boating is a lot different then any of the others.

I never was a fan of the velioneon motors seemed like a over-priced Feigao... JMHO
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet
    "It is easier to be wise for others than for ourselves"

i had bought only a hull with hardware and i got like tons of velineons laying around lol IDK y but i do and i solved over heat issue and im gunna video the wave chopper when the lake thaws out but the lil wave runner is killer on a 3s velineon flooring it at a dead stop it leaped over a SV27r no problem and ran a way from the sv it did hit thermal after 5 min, so i figued if i water cool it i should be fine if i let it rest between batterys of course

I had mine going out on over load protection! but i did the same thing for cooling! if you have more than one of those vxls around you could do a twin! that might work better? youll find that if you take some plastic and make a box around the cooling fins on that esc and seal it up it will work better.

what size boat an prop did u use? and by seal it you mean have water flow thru the heat sink? i know that its submergable lol it spent a year on my scale truck that lived in creeks only lol the velineon is pre tough and how did u get load protection? isnt that when you have to much voltage?

the velineon claims to have no motor limit so what if i put a lower kv motor to it? im just trying to save some money and go over 30mph i also thought about putting fans inside the hull, i know the ambiant temp will get high from that but it only has to last my batterys life then it can cool, and do you know of any electric water pumps?

I will post pic tomarow im cant now because im on the ship. but all you do is seal off the cooling fins and put water in and out lets the water flow through the fins! i use stock BJ props but my best was a 36mmx55mm. grin racer!

and it still temped out? where u running a 2s or 3s? lol i ask traxxas how to do this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wNb9Clb_0M
    they told me that it will over heat from over gearing, i said heat? who cares its water cooled at for this reason, that was last time they helped me EVER lol they take notes about there customers

It would got into protection mode because of the high amp draw. it would cut throtle way down and after i unpluged and pluged the bat back in it was fine for a few min more. It takes alot of torque to keep a boat up and out of the water. I'll post a video of my homemade 26" deep vee 3sVXL tomarow. but for now my extra VXL system is in my traxxas blast rescue boat.

how fast is the lil blast? being brushless lol

OK i just uploaded the only video of my vxl boats. but for the other questions you asked about. IDK how fast the blast is because the drive line u-joints dont stay together long enough to find out...i do plan on upgrading to a flex shaft someday. I found one this website that guys have used the water pumps out of swifer wet jets for cooling. This is the video i uploaded it just for you. i didnt realy think it was cool enough to go on youtube but it sure wont be the dumbest one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LKVd...feature=colike

AWESOME!!!!!!! DEFFINTLY INSPIRATION FOR ME LOL honestly the velineon impressed me in ur vid! also it impressed me tonite, we went out scale crawling an im only person with a velineon and no matter how deep i was i could throw a rooster tail lol i hydroplaneing a scale truck with TSL superswampers on it i like how u made you esc water cooled, did u drill holes in the fins?
    why do R/Cs seem faster when they are running away with no control?

I think im going to put the stock BJ26 motor/esc in that yellow boat when i get my new leopard 3674 1700kv motor and seaking 180 esc to put in the BJ!

did u see the price on the seaking 120 amps on hobby partz? there like 53$ i thought about buying one for that boat, but idk anything about them or if thats enough power

It would be just fine on 4s! Ive been reading lots of good things about seaking esc. looks like a safe buy to me! i have to go with a 180 because im running my 1/8 E-Revo 2x3s 5000mah 35c lipos in this boat!

http://youtu.be/0niUkIKWYBc

heck yeah u see the guy hydroplaneing a e revo across a lake? i think it would beat a boat LOL, and the 120 amp wont hold 6s? i have like 4 2s lipos rest r 3s and a 6s for the tc4 my GTPs run 2 3s i gps the 2 speed at 77mph then hit a curb and it dont run lol

I dont know enough about it to say but if the 180 can handle 6s i would think that the 120 might not!... but if you have the right motor/prop you wont need 6s to see 50s! this thread has lots of good info for us land lovers going to boats! its a hole new game on the water....Oh and the reason that revo was going so fast on the water is because they dont like to get wet!!! I toasted my esc in a "puddle"...no SH!t like 3" deep!

https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...ession-with-6s

your joking? my slash was in 12 inchs of water with sand paws paddling up like a boat and that was my marine inspration lol and seriously 120amp witha tacon motor and 4s should hit 50s????? heck ya

i hope this helps out some ppl buidling a boat on a small budget, FE is so much nicer than nitro, and gas, i started with both and still have the boats, i ran them once a year because to the tempermental and OSE parts had a water jacket that fits velineon perfect!!!! im putting the water cooled system in my wave chopper to see how it runs while i finish the BJ

Sunday is test day!!! Hope to get great vid of it with velineon

Dont forget the hatch tape and floatation! I just spent over $400 on mine and cant wait to get off this big boat to get home to work on my little boat! im shooting for 60mph i think! not sure yet but we'll see!

I fit 1.5 full funoodles in it and took like 10 rolls of hockey tape from my friend who buys it in packs of 100

well blackjack 26 + velineon = 48mph on a garmin GPS, kyoshowave chopper + velineon + lazylayout = boat running away with out hitting land major success, video messed up but my new batterys come this week and new radio which is y my wave chopper dystroyed its self, so mad i had no video it was crazy itd do a complete barrel roll it was so much power,
    the wave chopper walked away from a lil stock super Vee and the blackjack barely beat a stock one only issue was melting the soldder on the deans

Im not saying it didnt happen but 48mph is hard to believe with 3s! Some guys have a hard time doing that on 5s. a video would be nice!

It was 2x 3s and it did 48 one time, average was 40s plus i was going with wind lol i made everything work to my advantage till i ramped my friends BJ

So you had a 1/10 3500kv vxl motor on 22.2v? What esc/prop did you use? That still sounds fast i ran my stock BJ26 motor/esc/prop on 6s "22.2v" and would get 45mph! got the video on youtube. also how did you conect the small motor shaft to the flax cable?