Thread: 1/12 (?) miss budweiser prop recomendation

Default 1/12 (?) miss budweiser prop recomendation

My dad has a 1/12th ( I think , @ 26"-28" long ) miss budweiser that came with a nitro motor and he is converting it to electric , He has a seaking 3060kv and a 3s lipo . He has just a plastic 35mm prop on it , not sure witch one , and it will not go. I have tried to search for props for him but I havent found much other than the miss lumar comes with a y535. Does anyone have any recommendations for him ? I have not done a hydro yet so I am no help. His prop shaft is 1/8th " . Thanks in advance

Your gonna need to go with a 3/16 I.D. prop to get any diameter, you can use a shim to slip over the 1/8" shaft. If you work that out try an x440................x637............
    NEED PARALLEL CONNECTORS?? QUALITY 5.5MM, 8MM, 8 AND 10 AWG, GET THEM HERE: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...est!&highlight=

Shimming the prop shaft is easy. Why 3s instead of the normal 4s used in that size boat?
    "Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone except God.
    Billy Graham

He has a couple 3s from a traxxas slash that he has had for a while . Would he be better off with a 4s with that motor ? Wouldn't that get the rpm's too high ? We are all kinda new to this . As far as shimming the prop shaft could a person just get some 1/32nd shim stock and roll a piece in the prop ? Thanks for the replies

He means 4s with a motor in the 1800-2200kv range. Your motor will work on 3s if thats what you have. You need a 120a ESC minimum.
    NEED PARALLEL CONNECTORS?? QUALITY 5.5MM, 8MM, 8 AND 10 AWG, GET THEM HERE: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...est!&highlight=

Yea he has a 120a seaking esc . Thanks !!

Sorry didn't look at the KV of the motor, As far as the shim goes you can shim the prop or here is what I do

I use K&S tubing and will file the end by the drive dog flush with the drive dog and loctite together. You have to get a longer set screw and drill thru the shim tubing so you can get the set screw to hit the flat spot on the shaft.
    "Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone except God.
    Billy Graham

Nice idea Mr. Clark he is going to have to do something. Thanks !!