Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3s in the mini rio

Kmot,

What is the "C" rating on the 3s lipo? I have a couple of 3s, 1100mah, 12c lipo's lying around. The Mini Rio looks like a good place to put them to work... IF they fit.

I just don't like the looks of the very light (18 ga.?) wire in the stock setup.
    There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Chop: This particular battery is rated 23C. The first time I ran it, the battery wire insulation started to melt slightly. I removed the esc from the boat, cut the wires down to 1/2" pigtails, and soldered on 16ga wires. I believe the stock wires are 20 or 22 ga.

Here is a video I made from saturday. I tried my brushless the next day but it made my batteries so hot i couldnt touch them so I converted back. I think the brushless needs a 3s pack not a 2s pack, any suggestions?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=l1ujJNRBjuk

any updates on the stock electronics holding up to 3s
    The Manx has been sitting dormant, but I think I finally have my motivation back. I hope to see it float soon.

My rio lasted 1.5 laps on 3s before taking a dump, I do not advise 3s on stock esc.
    The Manx has been sitting dormant, but I think I finally have my motivation back. I hope to see it float soon.

hey how much did your whole rear set up cost you?

If you are referring to the rudders....................They are not currently available. By this manufacture.
    Twin cat 9xl,... 29 titan 8xl,....37 in mono kb48 8xl.... 42 in twin elc cat project... 42 in gasser cat 260 modded zenoh''' planes and trucks....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12