Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Carbon fiber inlay service

Quote Originally Posted by Bullwink View Post
    Keith,

I just got notified that the parts I have been waiting for my EKOS Twin Build have just been shipped by FighterCat. I would like you to not only do the CF inlay but do the whole build for me, if you still offer that service.
    Ohh...another EKOS? The last one I built was one of my favorite boats of all time!
    I would be happy to do it.
    Take a look at this thread for some of the build options and let me know what you want:
    http://fightercat57.freeforums.org/c...ucts-t547.html

The boats pictured in this thread have the following:
    - Carbon fiber inlay
    - Carbon fiber motor mounts
    - Carbon fiber low pro servo mounts and servos (I have a few servos on hand as well)
    - Carbon fiber ESC cover plates

I will definately want your motor mounts. I bought the stock EKOS servo mount 'cause I thought the red would look cool. We can discuss the other options when I receive everything.

Bullwink's EKOS:

Hey can u make or get flat sheets not mm, but between 1/32" to a 1/16" thick, sizes of about 1-12"*26" and 2-6"*32" LMK and if so PM me some prises please thanks

Some recent work:

Hey Keith can you sell me some cf sheet and some cf cloth as well or let me know where to get some of good quality the last place I bought it it was poorly made

Thanks chris g

What exactly do you need Chris?
    Also, where did you buy last time. If it was poor quality, post the source so others don't get burned.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisg81983 View Post
    Hey Keith can you sell me some cf sheet and some cf cloth as well or let me know where to get some of good quality the last place I bought it it was poorly made

Thanks chris g

I need a 12 x 12 inch sheet about 1/8 thick or 4 mill then a 4 x 4 foot piece of cloth or whatever you can spare and how much it would cost I just would like to keep some set aside for when I do need it and I bought the last items on eBay off of somebody as they took pictures of something and sent me something different as the quality was much less I will try to dig up the persons name and thanks a lot for your time Chris g

Chris:

A 12" x 12" pre-made plate will run you a little over $100 + shipping. Cloth is fairly affordable if you use the regular dry twill. I like to use a special pre-preg carbon fiber fabric that is infused with resin, but it's fairly expensive and it's a delicate item that must be stored at a precise temperature (frozen) until used.

You can order pre-made plate and fabric from these guys, they also have other things like tubing and rod if you happen to need anything else:
    http://www.dragonplate.com/ecart/categories.asp?cID=75

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisg81983 View Post
    I need a 12 x 12 inch sheet about 1/8 thick or 4 mill then a 4 x 4 foot piece of cloth or whatever you can spare and how much it would cost I just would like to keep some set aside for when I do need it and I bought the last items on eBay off of somebody as they took pictures of something and sent me something different as the quality was much less I will try to dig up the persons name and thanks a lot for your time Chris g

Ok cool I will definitely get some as I half to put it off for a few days just lost a sf 240 Hv controller today at the lake I emailed Steve s let's see what he can do for me but I will need money to buy one if he can't help thanks for your time Keith

Are you still offering this service Keith?

Hi Keith,
    I know its $75 for the inlay, less the shipping and handling. You did an Ekos build some months ago and I was wondering if you could PM me the
    pricing for another Ekos build. The difference between that build and mine would be, that I'd like to keep it a wire driveline. The build pricing would be for
    The following;
    Carbon fiber inlay $75
    ESC Cover plate
    Servo mount
    Motor mounts
    Hardware installation
    Shipping/Handling

I look forward to your reply
    Thanks Richard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12