Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fine Design RC

I got a phone call from Chris yesterday. He wanted to tell me that he has confirmation my hull has shipped and to expect a call when it arrives from Germany in a week or so.
    "A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough."
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Default Thanks Chris Fine

Hi Chris,
    Just wanted to thank you publicly for the support you have
    given us each year for our Wave Blasters Spring Races.
    In addition we wanted to let everyone know how you had filled
    the final four remaining class sponsorships at our 2011 FE Nationals.
    Your personal attention & help has also always been appreciated
    and I thought that it was appropriate to share that on this thread.
    Thanks Again,
    Ken Haines &
    The Wave Blasters of Florida
    TenShock Brushless / Pro Marine
    NEU Motors / Rico Racing/ Castle Creations
    2023 NAMBA & 2018 IMPBA FE High Points "National Champion"

Thanks to Ken Haines and all my customers who support me on these forums. I truly wish I had more time to spend on these forums and appreciate any positive feedback. I'm too busy testing and tuning, which is why I got the fastest boat review as seen in R/C Boat Magazine, June 2012 issue! 64mph production "out-of-the-box"! BAM! Chris Fine

BAM! Chris Fine you are the tool of the day. You ripped me off as well as many others ..... karma. Sounds like motor trend Magazine, bought and payed for on that 64 mph out of the box. Jay

If this thread remains civil we'll keep it open. If not.................
    Thanks fellas,
    D.
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    District 13 Director 2011- present
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

Quote Originally Posted by fastasyoucan View Post
    ... which is why I got the fastest boat review as seen in R/C Boat Magazine, June 2012 issue
    So the review was written quickly.....??

I started this thread 6 months ago and still have not received everything. My point was to let everyone know he ripped me off. If he has done good by you, consider yourself lucky. IMO he's a ****. Stealing from someone over the internet is a weak move.
    Last edited by worriedsick4u; 07-20-2012 at 11:03 PM.

Ahhhhhh!!! Mr. Fine strikes again! This guy must be doing something right, anyone who's in business that long and has screwed customers this much has some talent. Maybe it's his slot cars!
    Karma will catch up worriedsick4you with that man.

You should feel lucky for not receiving H$&M hull yet they need reinforcement right off the bat or delimitation will surely happen especially with all the power that's been put into hulls lately.

When I received my hull from Chris after waiting almost 9 months lol! Yeah 9 months and hull still wasn't completed and it had a used hatch cover! On a brand new boat I was given a used hatch. Ps I had to drive up there and demand hull and he still wanted more money from me for work not completed.

Sorry Steve. But this is where I can add my two cents I hope. I think your starting to see a sign on this sight with his poor business.

Note: it seems the same 3 or 4 "people" keep commenting on my workmanship and customer service on these forums. The difference between them and I is that I'm the only one who backs up my posts with my real name. Makes me wonder how truthful their statements might be. If anyone doubts my experience and results, call me. I'm not afraid to use my real name... Chris Fine.

"I'm not afraid to use my real name... Chris Fine."
    hold on to your seats gents, stuff just got real.

I'm Steve Arce. You're a crook and a liar.

My name is on the first post of this thread. I don't hide behind anything. I do what I say and expect the same from other men. You fell extremely short of many customers expectations.

Dear Mr. Arce, After checking my records I come up with the following facts: you made a PayPal order on 1/3/12, we shipped out the H&M hull in a timely (in stock). According to my records on 2/4/12 we refunded the price of the decals and wing; so 7 weeks is actually 4 weeks. The decals did turn out to be in stock; but you didn't want them without the wing. I don't recall 8 mos ago if you called up front about the items before you placed your order. I do know for a fact we do not stock the rear wings on these 1/12th hulls. My notes don't state anything other than you cancelled decal and wing; refund issued. So I find it hard to believe I ripped you off when you are in possession of the boat you paid for and was refunded on items you didn't want. Chris Fine

I have never had a problem with Chris Fine's products or customer service. Also, over the years he has given me valued RC information through various telephone converations.

Tom Taggart

Same here. Chris keeps me informed with my hull still intransit from Germany.
    "A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough."
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

i ordered from chris when i first got into boating about 4 years ago... i didnt get ripped off, just took 2 months or more to get my products. when i went to return something as i was told i could he would never return e-mails or phone calls. when i mentioned his name at my lhs they all laughed at me and good lick with that edit.... i have since threw all his stuff away and got my h&m hulls directly from oliver. although it took a month or more to get it was still quicker than dealing with chris...
    chuck st romain
    Last edited by Doug Smock; 08-07-2012 at 09:19 AM. Reason: language

I just bought a drifter l from Chris and I received it in 2 days from the day I bought it.

Cool

...when i mentioned his name at my lhs they all laughed at me and good lick with that edit....
    Geeze, an LHS bad-mouthing an Internet seller - imagine that! What is this world coming to.

Last edited by Doug Smock; 08-07-2012 at 09:20 AM. Reason: language in quote
    ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Quote Originally Posted by D.Smock View Post
    If this thread remains civil we'll keep it open. If not.................
    Thanks fellas,
    D.
    See above fellas.
    I'm trying to find a good reason to keep this thread open. Seems to me it has come full circle.
    How about we give it till the end of the day??
    Doug
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    District 13 Director 2011- present
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

I think Dougs right. Everyone has said what was needed. Time to move on.
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12