Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fine Design RC

Default Fine Design RC

I purchased a H&M hull, decals and spoiler. He said everything was in stock. 2 weeks later and several emails and phone calls I found out the hull just shipped. First of all don't **** me around and say it shipped if it didn't. Then it came incomplete. He said the spoiler and decals were back ordered from Germany. Here we are 7 weeks later and the guy won't answer phone calls or emails so I filed a paypal claim. NEVER do business with this clown.

Hello Steven Arce,

Your Significantly Not as Described dispute for the payment you sent to
    Fine Design R/C on Dec 29, 2011 (Transaction 9LDXXXXXX1804V) is now open.

We notified Fine Design R/C of your request for a $72.95 USD refund. If
    Fine Design R/C agrees to this refund, the dispute will be closed once the
    refund is processed.

By opening a dispute, you are communicating with the seller, not PayPal,
    about this problem transaction. We will email you when your seller posts a
    response in the Resolution Center.

To learn more about PayPal's dispute resolution process, log in to your
    account and click the 'Tutorials' link on the Resolution Center tab.

-----------------------------------
    Deadline: Feb 23, 2012

On Feb 23, 2012, this dispute will automatically close unless you escalate
    it to a PayPal claim. By escalating to a claim, you would be asking PayPal
    to review the case and decide the outcome.

We will remind you by email when the deadline is approaching. A closed
    dispute cannot be reopened or escalated to a PayPal claim.

Thank you,

PayPal
    Last edited by JimClark; 02-03-2012 at 10:10 PM.

Here we go again.................
    NEED PARALLEL CONNECTORS?? QUALITY 5.5MM, 8MM, 8 AND 10 AWG, GET THEM HERE: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...est!&highlight=

wonder why no one does any searches on companies they order from there is loads of info on Fine
    "Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone except God.
    Billy Graham

You're right Jim. I should have searched first. But I'm new to this and assumed he was reputable. Just like the member who got me for $30.00 on those parallel connectors. I would think that if moderators (or whoever is in charge) new a member was a crook they'd ban him. So I'm out $30.00 and a lesson learned. Makes one skeptical of buying from the Swap section again. Hey it could have been worse. Could have been $31.00.

Up until the last couple of transactions the connectors were working out fine for people. I would not give up on him yet. As soon as there was a potential problem we were working on it. but bear in mind I have a life also and work for a living and the moderators can not sit here 24/7 and stare at the forum plus we are all volunteers

Quote Originally Posted by worriedsick4u View Post
    You're right Jim. I should have searched first. But I'm new to this and assumed he was reputable. Just like the member who got me for $30.00 on those parallel connectors. I would think that if moderators (or whoever is in charge) new a member was a crook they'd ban him. So I'm out $30.00 and a lesson learned. Makes one skeptical of buying from the Swap section again. Hey it could have been worse. Could have been $31.00.
    Billy Graham

Trust me, I understand. And I appreciate what you all do. It takes a certain kinda person to volunteer. But somehow he was overlooked. Unfortunately someone got burned. And that person was me. Twice. By 2 different people. So bare with me while I vent. He said he sent them over a week ago. And for the past couple days won't respond with an email. So understandably I'm pissed. Have a good night and thanks for your service. I do appreciate it.

Sorry to hear you got burnt from Fine. There is a thread about him here if you haven't seen it.
    https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...e-Design-visit
    DF-29,Phil Thomas Super Sport 45, SV27, Xzess 2 Evo, HOTR 32" Cat

The connector issue is a new one with pyromike. We have been working on getting him to resolve the issues. Banning him at this point would cut off communications and the result would surely be that you wouldnt receive anything.
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Good point. Just a little upset last night. Maybe this is an item you could sell. I'm sure its an item that's needed?

Good point. Just a little upset last night. Maybe this is an item you could sell. I'm sure its an item that's needed?
    I thought about it, but he was selling them and there wasn't a problem up until a couple of weeks ago.
    Steven Vaccaro

Don't give up on us. This is a great Hobby and Most of the time the guys on this forum are very honest. As time goes on you get to know the guys very well.
    Have met Steve and a whole bunch of the guys personally. Great guys! Vent a bit and then move on. Life is too short!

I ain't even gonna start on Mr Fine.....
    I don't know what happened to Mike. He was helping me with my Delta Force CS and I haven't heard from him in weeks. He was doing a good job on them connectors too. I make the parallel connectors for people in the UK but I could sell them worldwide too.

At the moment I am doing just 5.5mm, but if other connectors are needed I can get anyone a price. I use Novak Silver solder, a Silver rod through the middle of the connectors for better flow of current (hardly any resistance), a 80watt Soldering Iron and a blow torch. I then heatshrink the female connectors and wrap the whole thing in electrical tape.

DSC_1858.jpg
    Everything that has a beginning, has an End

After all the frustration I made my own last night as well. Used 1/8' copper rod. Not pretty but they'll do. Gonna clean them up a bit with a file and heatshrink. Had I known of this forum prior to dealing with Fine I wouldn't be in this situation. And my bad for thinking a member of this forum was an honest guy. Live, learn and move on. He obviously needed my money more than I did. Hopefully OSE starts carrying these so I won't curse over a soldering iron anymore.

I was gonna suggest Pyro had an illness/accident...............then i see he posted yesterday in his JAE build thread...................hmmm
    NEED PARALLEL CONNECTORS?? QUALITY 5.5MM, 8MM, 8 AND 10 AWG, GET THEM HERE: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...est!&highlight=

Guys the connectors went out last week..If I were a betting man youll get them today..Im not a scammer I just got busy at work and my order of extra bullets were backordered..But like I said they went out..

I can't believe my eyes.
    Hello Steven Arce,

Fine Design R/C has agreed to grant a $72.95 USD refund to settle this
    dispute. It may take up to 5 business days for the refund amount to appear
    in your account. This dispute will be closed then.

Transaction Details

Seller's Name: Fine Design R/C
    Seller's Email: fastrc@yahoo.com
    Seller's Transaction ID: 1N29064XXXXXX660G

Transaction Date: Dec 29, 2011
    Transaction Amount: -$309.95 USD
    Your Transaction ID: 9LD17XXXXXXXX804V
    Case Number: PP-001-6XXXXXXXX64

Buyer's Transaction ID: 9LD17XXXXXXXX804V

Thanks,

PayPal

Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not monitored and you
    will not receive a response. For assistance, log in to your PayPal account
    and click the Help link in the top right corner of any PayPal page.

And Mike,
    You said they went out 8 days ago. Oklahoma to Florida USPS First Class. "IF" they show up it's a bonus. If not I'm over it. But you did teach me to be extra cautious when purchasing from a public forum. That was worth $30.00.

congrats! glad it worked out.
    If my boats upside down then who owns the one I thought I was driving the last two laps?

That's cool. Everything sorted. Happy Ending

Guys First Class mail its not "First Class", I've have several First class orders take upto 3 and even 4 weeks to get to a location. I've had so many problems its unreal. And bordering on ridiculous at this point.
    Steven Vaccaro

I even had a priority mail package take 12 days and there were no weather issues to slow it down.
    Jim
    Billy Graham

Quote Originally Posted by JimClark View Post
    I even had a priority mail package take 12 days and there were no weather issues to slow it down.
    Jim
    The US Mail is the worst I have seen it in about 8 years of doing this. I've been in the beginning stages of talking to UPS about trying to get a deal on 2nd day shipping of small items. Its a very loooooong shot, but worth a try.
    Steven Vaccaro

Good luck on a "deal" w ups. Anyway I am an I.T guy and I support a decent sized online store. First class with the postal svc is their lowest and slowest. What I've seen lately is USPS does most Domestic the fastest and cheapest. Outside the U.S forget it.
    "If you can't win - Wreck someone who can!"

It is the same here in the UK. 1st class use to mean 2 days max and 2nd class was 6. Now you have to double that for half of the year. 2nd class goes missing quite often.
    For some reason I receive priority packages from the US about the same speed as my 2nd class packages.

We do have some problems with Fine but not in this level.

Please tell me how can I help and what kind of boat you are

looking for, we could ship the boats direct to you.

At this time we do not have any other partner in US.

Best regards,

Oliver Siess
    Hydro&Marine

Part of an email I just got from H&M inquiring about another boat, told them I would not deal with their N.A. retailer!
    So H&M is aware of this guy and how he operates
    If my boats upside down then who owns the one I thought I was driving the last two laps?

i have had boats shipped direct from oliver (would no longer use fine) and it worked out great. the h&m hulls are 2nd to none. it does take a while to get them from germany but is well worth the wait and money!

I would rather wait for 2 weeks and get my package intact with usps then have a busted up dropped kicked package from UPS. They are absolutely horrible!
    CF Fightercat Daytona, 21 year old Hitec Sea Nymph, Genesis and many more to come im sure.

We used UPS ONCE! They broke the boat horribly even though it was in a 4 inch layer of bubble wrapped and double boxed. The carton looked like they drove a dump truck over it. I swear they can break an anvil! The boat was a broken mess. They sent out an inspector and said there was no damage and refused to pay the claim even though I had it insured.

I HATE UPS! For larger stuff, I use FEDEX. I have never had them break anything and even their ground service is pretty quick and very cheap. For smaller stuff, I use USPS Priority mail. Quick, reliable, and I think only one boat ever got damaged and they paid the insurance claim pronto.

In my opinion....STAY AWAY FROM UPS!
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by sailr View Post
    We used UPS ONCE! They broke the boat horribly even though it was in a 4 inch layer of bubble wrapped and double boxed. The carton looked like they drove a dump truck over it. I swear they can break an anvil! The boat was a broken mess. They sent out an inspector and said there was no damage and refused to pay the claim even though I had it insured.

I HATE UPS! For larger stuff, I use FEDEX. I have never had them break anything and even their ground service is pretty quick and very cheap. For smaller stuff, I use USPS Priority mail. Quick, reliable, and I think only one boat ever got damaged and they paid the insurance claim pronto.

In my opinion....STAY AWAY FROM UPS!

"What can brown do(stroy) for you?" LOL Sorry I couldn't resist

Chris
    I.M.P.B.A. Record Holder P-Hydro 111.001mph Q-Hydro 120.192mph S-Hydro 139.233mph

Hi- this is Chris Fine at Fine Design Marine. Although I do not have the time I would like to keep up with the chatter on these forums, I feel it's important to highlight that I am still one of the very few custom R/C mfrs you can reach on the phone. What other mfr owner answers his own phone, and is willing to take the time to answer callers' questions, even if there is no sale pending?
    Also, I do find it necessary to keep my nose to the grindstone, my phones are set up so that if you miss me, you can leave a message or I give you my cell number if you have to reach me ASAP! I'm usually reachable within 48 hours, not unreasonable in my opinion.
    If someone has a problem, or needs to clarify an inventory issue, please call ahead.
    I would like to thank those who have purchased and continue to support me--- I'm not just an email address-- Thanks, Chris
    PS- FOR THOSE WHO DOUBT MY TALENT, CONGRATULATIONS TO MIKE PAGS FROM NEW YORK WHO JUST WON MR. OFFSHORE AT THE NAMBA NATS AT LEGG LAKE, CALIFORNIA FOR THE 3RD YEAR IN A ROW! HE USES FINE DESIGN TO DESIGN AND ASSEMBLE HIS BOATS! MIKE HAD MORE 1ST AND 2ND THAN MOST GUYS WILL SEE IN A LIFETIME. CHECK HIS NAMBA STANDINGS TO VERIFY!
    NOTE: CHECK THE JUNE 12 ISSUE OF R/C BOAT MAG FOR AN A++ REVIEW OF OUR WORK.
    Lastly, a big thanks to Steve Vaccaro for trying to keep this a productive R/C info forum, not just a bashing place.

I am currently working with Chris Fine on an order from Oliver at Hydro & Marine. Chris has told me that my hull was ordered in the color I requested and will call me when it arrives in his store. He has not asked for the money up front, and I have gotten an email from Oliver that the hull I ordered through Chris has been built and awaiting shipping.

Thanks for helping me Chris!
    "A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough."
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast