Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stock Aquacraft Mini Alligator Tours Airboat

Default Stock Aquacraft Mini Alligator Tours Airboat

Looking to get a stock one to play around with. Anyone have one that they are bored with or anything?
    Real men have shafts.

I have a hobbyking version that I can part with. Comes with servo and brushless motor. $50 shipped.

Do you have a non brushless motor for it? I don't have a spare brushless esc.
    Real men have shafts.

No. Sorry. And I don't know how I would go about making it brushed.

You can't just take the motor out?
    Real men have shafts.

Sure. But its setup for a "airplane" style outrunner.

Ok I just looked at some pics on their website, I see what you mean now. Would you be interrested in a trade for 2 Turnigy 5000mah 20C packs? They only have 2-3 runs on them.
    Real men have shafts.

I'll pass...thanks though.

Would you do $40 shipped? I can order a brand new one from HobbyKing with shipping for $55
    Real men have shafts.

I have a brand new airboat from HK, with brushless motor, 30A brushless ESC, and two lipos. The "kit" from HK has to be built, and takes some fabrication to get it to work, not to mention shippping costs and wait time. Mine is built and ready to go. Let me know if you're interested. I'll get rid of it for $60 + $10 shipping to FL.

I don't need the lipos. Would you do 60$ shipped without the lipos? Also do you have pics?
    Real men have shafts.

I could take pics if you want, I'm not interested in selling it for less though. I'm already taking a loss on it and don't really HAVE TO get rid of it. It just doesn't really do much for me so if you want it for what I'm asking, you can have it. If it's too much for you, I'm fine with keeping it.

Why wouldn't you want the lipos that are specificly for this boat?

I have a few small lipo packs already that's all. I'm a buyer, it never hurts to ask the seller to come down. I would like to see pics before making a decision if that's not too much trouble.
    Real men have shafts.

Quote Originally Posted by dont slow down View Post
    I have a few small lipo packs already that's all. I'm a buyer, it never hurts to ask the seller to come down. I would like to see pics before making a decision if that's not too much trouble.
    Sure. I just grabbed my camera to take some and the battery is dead though, so it will be a few hours before I can post them. If you want I could take some low quality photos with my phone and send them to you (PM me your cell # or email and I'll send them that way).

Ok no hurry. I'm out of town this weekend so I wouldn't be able to send payment till tomorrow night
    Real men have shafts.

I have decals you could put on it if you wish. I would be keeping the bullet connectors on the power wires/lipos, they are a bit large for the boat anyway.

Interested in this thing guy? Let me know if you're not, I might throw it in the swap shop and give someone else an opportunity with it. I intended on getting this thing as a rescue boat, but it's pretty light...too light to rescue my boats.

Ya I am. What's your paypal?
    Real men have shafts.

PM with PP info sent...

Got the boat today, looks like it will be fun. I'm having a heck of a time getting this ESC programmed though. Can it be used with a regular surface radio? I looked up instructions for it but it sounds like it refrences an airplane radio.
    Real men have shafts.

Got the boat today, looks like it will be fun. I'm having a heck of a time getting this ESC programmed though. Can it be used with a regular surface radio? I looked up instructions for it but it sounds like it refrences an airplane radio.
    It is an air ESC...I forgot all about that. I have a radio that I modified to use with those ESCs, so I didn't even think of it being an issue for you. You want the trigger on your remotoe all the way back (like full reverse would be in a car) when you plug the ESC in (and when you let off teh throttle). You can put a rubber band or hair tie on the trigger of your transmitter to get it to go all the way back, instead of to the neutral point where it would normally go. Does this make sense?
    The other option is to use a pistix. They are fairly cheap and work on pretty much any air ESC, allowing you to use your regular tx from the neutral position like you would with a car. Personally, I like the longer throttle range you get when you move the trigger back, but if you don't you can use a pistix. They are available at OSE last time I checked.
    Sorry I didn't mention that to you. It just seemed logical to me to use an air ESC to turn a prop, and that ESC allows you to run higher voltage and current than a samaller ESC would.

Ah, ok. No big deal, I've never used an air ESC before so I was wondering why I couldn't trim it to neutral. I'll try the rubberband method for now till I can get a pistix. Got everything hooked up and set up, going to take it out tomorrow. Thanks again.
    Real men have shafts.

Took it out today and had some problems with it. Once I turned everything on I couldn't get full power from the motor. It turned only enough to barely move the boat. It would run for about 5 seconds then the motor would shut off. I'd have to move the trigger back down to full reverse, then give it throttle again, only to have it run for 5 seconds and shut off. If I feathered the throttle once in awhile it sounded like it hit full RPM but only for a second. I reset the ESC to factory, tried a different battery and it still isn't working. I will try a different radio when I get some time, is there any other insight you might have?
    Real men have shafts.

If your radio works ok with other stuff, and you're making sure the trigger is all the way back (reverse position) when you plug the ESC in, I doubt that's the problem. What you are describing actually sounds like the low voltage cutoff. Did you charge the battery before running?

If I recall correctly, I think I still have another ESC identical to that one. Troubleshoot it the best you can, and if you can't get it to work I'll send you another ESC. It worked fine right before I sent it, but I suppose it's possible that something went wrong while you were trying to get the tx to work with it. Did it work right at all, or is this the first time you've tried to run it?

That's what I thought too, I checked what it was set at and also set it back to factory. I charged both batteries and tried it with one of my other packs. It's almost as if 15C isn't enough. I tried it with my Spektrum radio and I was able to get it to spool up a bit higher but again it would cut out. I'll charge up the battery again and give it another shot. I'm also going through my radio and making sure all the settings are back to factory.
    Real men have shafts.

Last night when I was setting it up I didnt realize that it wasn't reaching full RPM. Today was the first time I tried to run it. Let me keep working on it, charge the battery and I'll let you know how it goes.
    Real men have shafts.

I've tried everything and I can't get it to work. I reset both my TX and RX to factory and got the same results. I did change the LiPo cutoff to 2.6 per cell and it sounds like it's hitting full RPM but only for a second, then it cuts out till I go back down (full reverse) and let it "reset". When I turn everything on, if I let the throttle go to the "neutral" spot and just let it sit, it spins for about 5 seconds then cuts out and stops. I've read the instruction manual and I am stumped. I tried my JR XS3 radio (which is the one I was going to use with it) and also my DX3R with same results on both, so I don't think it's the radio. I charged the one pack with bullets on it and it hit 8.4v. I also plugged in my 20c Turnigy pack just to try a pack with a higher C rating and same results. After all that the only other thing to try is a different ESC. When was the last time you had used this ESC? It's hard to believe that it just went bad.
    Real men have shafts.

I've tried everything and I can't get it to work. I reset both my TX and RX to factory and got the same results. I did change the LiPo cutoff to 2.6 per cell and it sounds like it's hitting full RPM but only for a second, then it cuts out till I go back down (full reverse) and let it "reset". When I turn everything on, if I let the throttle go to the "neutral" spot and just let it sit, it spins for about 5 seconds then cuts out and stops. I've read the instruction manual and I am stumped. I tried my JR XS3 radio (which is the one I was going to use with it) and also my DX3R with same results on both, so I don't think it's the radio. I charged the one pack with bullets on it and it hit 8.4v. I also plugged in my 20c Turnigy pack just to try a pack with a higher C rating and same results. After all that the only other thing to try is a different ESC. When was the last time you had used this ESC? It's hard to believe that it just went bad.
    I ran the boat for about 5 minutes a couple days before I sent it to you, that's the only time I've ever ran it. It worked fine then, but perhaps it got a piece of ice/snow on one of the wires and it trickled down into the ESC when I brought it inside and it melted...that's a long shot since it wasn't covered in snow or anything, it was actually rather clean. I don't have any other explaination for it though, it sounds like the LVC is malfunctioning. I'll send you another ESC that I know works, and if you still have a problem you know it's something with your equipment (that motor is probably only a couple bucks, but it doesn't sound like that's the problem).
    You might try spraying the ESC you have with corrosion X and letting it dry for a day. If you got it to work you could keep it as a spare.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast