Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 35

Thread: New PayPal Rule as of 2/1/2012

  1. #1

    Default New PayPal Rule as of 2/1/2012

    Sorry but this should have happened a long time ago.

    10. NO Paypal fee's can be added to the listing. For example $20 and if paid with Paypal an extra 2%. As a user of Paypal its against the PayPal rules and regulations to charge a fee to a buyer. If need be add the associated cost to your item cost. "NEW" as of 2/01/2012
    Steven Vaccaro

    Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

  2. #2

    Default

    Want to ad anything about he paypal gift not being allowed?
    "Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone – except God.”
    Billy Graham

  3. #3

    Default

    sure.

    seller:
    10. NO Paypal fee's can be added to the listing. For example $20 and if paid with Paypal an extra 2%. As a user of Paypal its against the PayPal rules and regulations to charge a fee to a buyer. Asking buyers to send payments by PayPal "Gift" is also not allowed. If need be add the associated cost of the Paypal fees to your item cost. This rule is "NEW" as of 2/01/2012

    buyer:
    6. We do not suggest sending a Paypal payment as a "gift" to the seller. If this is done, its not only against Paypal rules, but it stops you from making a claim if the item is not as described or not received.
    Steven Vaccaro

    Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    tx
    Posts
    3,534

    Default

    not meaning to be ignorant but may i ask why?

  5. #5

    Default

    Steven

    If I want to sell boat stuff but I can't use paypal as my country still not being approve to receive any payment, only sending payment. Most of the time I only use western union and bank transfer.
    Stiletto tunnel,EPV135 (53") twin cat, CT06"Spirit of Qatar", FD 47" mono, Twin Mini Cat 23.5"

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mel279 View Post
    Steven

    If I want to sell boat stuff but I can't use paypal as my country still not being approve to receive any payment, only sending payment. Most of the time I only use western union and bank transfer.
    you can still use any method the buyer and seller agree upon.
    Steven Vaccaro

    Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alexgar View Post
    not meaning to be ignorant but may i ask why?
    im not sure why paypal doesnt allow it.
    Steven Vaccaro

    Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

  8. #8

    Default

    I think they don't want you pointing out all the time how much they are making. They called me and gave me a warning last week about sending sound receiving so many "gift" payments an told me to stop or they'd suspend my account. When I argued that I can't see what business it is of theirs and that I thought the 3.4% was to cover the buyer protection he said no, they offer the service out of the goodness of their hearts and the fee was what the bank charged. I think he got offended at the next 60 seconds of my outburst laughter lol.

    6BOOST
    6boost Turbo Manifolds, Australia's number 1 turbo kit specialist and manufacturer

  9. #9

    Default

    Please forgive my ignorance, I had marked a few times as "gifts", provided it was a mutual agreement between seller and buyer. If not marking as gift, paypal gives few other options one which is just "goods", should i then mark this button? I was looking for "merchandise" but couldn't find any! I am so stupid that I thought if you mark other than "gift" paypal will add the extra 3%. Anyway, I want to be thoroughly educated on this subject and if anyone doesnt mind spending a little time to enlighten me, much appreciated! Thanks in advance.
    Tim

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tlandauer View Post
    Please forgive my ignorance, I had marked a few times as "gifts", provided it was a mutual agreement between seller and buyer. If not marking as gift, paypal gives few other options one which is just "goods", should i then mark this button? I was looking for "merchandise" but couldn't find any! I am so stupid that I thought if you mark other than "gift" paypal will add the extra 3%. Anyway, I want to be thoroughly educated on this subject and if anyone doesnt mind spending a little time to enlighten me, much appreciated! Thanks in advance.
    Tim
    this is really a PayPal rules issue. Its not a big deal with OSE. the gift option, does stop you from making a claim if there is a problem with the item.
    Steven Vaccaro

    Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 6BOOST View Post
    I think they don't want you pointing out all the time how much they are making. They called me and gave me a warning last week about sending sound receiving so many "gift" payments an told me to stop or they'd suspend my account. When I argued that I can't see what business it is of theirs and that I thought the 3.4% was to cover the buyer protection he said no, they offer the service out of the goodness of their hearts and the fee was what the bank charged. I think he got offended at the next 60 seconds of my outburst laughter lol.

    6BOOST
    Please dont take this as a smart butt response because thats not what I'm trying to do, but understand Paypal is in business for a reason. the reason like any business is to provide a service for a fee. They provide the best service of their kind on the net. Or at least as far as I know. A company that provides their time and service will request a fee for doing this. Is that wrong? I personally dont think so.
    Steven Vaccaro

    Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

  12. #12

    Default

    The reason for rule #10 should be obvious. If you ask for more money (if you use Paypal), it might sway the buyer from using Paypal to pay for the item. Like Steven said, it is a business. What irks me is Ebay gets listing fees, value added fees, a cut from the shipping costs, and when you pay for the item, they get Paypal fees (Ebay owns Paypal). Argh!

    Legend 36 sailboat, KMB Powerjet Ed Hardy Viper, ABC jet pwrd BBY Oval Master, ABC Hobby Jetski, NQD Tear Into's, HK Discovery 500, MickieBeez pwrd Jet Rigger!, Davette/Gravtix jet sprint, KMB Powerjet Pursuit, NQD pwrd Jet Catamaran!,Steam pwrd African Queen, Sidewinder airboat, Graupner Eco Power

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sundog View Post
    What irks me is Ebay gets listing fees, value added fees, a cut from the shipping costs, and when you pay for the item, they get Paypal fees (Ebay owns Paypal). Argh!

    the ebay & paypal fees can total almost 10% now. its getting ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Steven Vaccaro

    Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

  14. #14

    Default

    What are you saying Steven!!??? I'm SHOCKED!!! Are you suggesting that businesses must make a profit, sorry for using a dirty word, so they can create jobs??? So the ones that work can pay taxes and the government can give it to those that don't work?? Are you a Capitalist?
    Another dirty word. Thank you for making these rules. I was recently burned along with another member when paying by gift for some connectors.

  15. #15

    Default

    Not sure what your talking about but Steve never said anything about rules against gift payments, just that you can't list the item plus fees, include it in the price....

    6BOOST
    6boost Turbo Manifolds, Australia's number 1 turbo kit specialist and manufacturer

  16. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 6BOOST View Post
    Not sure what your talking about but Steve never said anything about rules against gift payments, just that you can't list the item plus fees, include it in the price....

    6BOOST
    Sorry I miss read your post. It seems as if you were complaining that Paypal called you about receiving gift payments.


    If I have a item on the swap shop that cost me $20 bucks and I want my $20 back for it. I would list the item for sale at $21 to include what its going to cost me in fees.
    Thats legal with Paypal. they cant do a dam thing to stop that.
    What they and other credit card companys say merchants and users can NOT do list in the details, "Item is $20 plus 3% fees". Sure its all the same. But its their rules.
    Steven Vaccaro

    Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

  17. #17

    Default

    There looking to spin off or sell paypal, just tightening there belt making it look good and tryin to collect there fee rather then do anyone any favors.

    I always use for "GOODS" only cause i use there shipping but YA the fees between ebay and paypal are to much. I guess no one wants the econamy to get going. Everyplace you look the people are being stopped with higher prices, fees etc etc. Its all greed.

  18. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steven Vaccaro View Post
    Sorry I miss read your post. It seems as if you were complaining that Paypal called you about receiving gift payments.


    If I have a item on the swap shop that cost me $20 bucks and I want my $20 back for it. I would list the item for sale at $21 to include what its going to cost me in fees.
    Thats legal with Paypal. they cant do a dam thing to stop that.
    What they and other credit card companys say merchants and users can NOT do list in the details, "Item is $20 plus 3% fees". Sure its all the same. But its their rules.
    Sorry Steve I didn't even see your reply, I just seen the one above my last response. I have no problems with paypals structuring and will happily continue to use it in the future, I didn't realize (genuinely) that gifting payments was against their rules unless it was for family or friends, I thought the normal fee was to cover your "buyer protection" and it just meant you didn't have it if you decided to gift the payment. I was only commenting that I found it hilarious (and still do) that the guy that called me tried to tell me almost word for word that they offer the service out of the goodness of their hearts and the banks charge them the fees which they pass on. That's without the foreign currency exchange they would make a cut on as well.

    By all means PayPal, make as much money as you like, I'm completely happy with your service and your fees, and your rules for that matter, just don't call me again sprouting corny lines like a cheesy politician telling me how generous and selfless you are lol.

    6BOOST
    6boost Turbo Manifolds, Australia's number 1 turbo kit specialist and manufacturer

  19. #19

    Default

    By all means I dont like "fee's".

    As you know, I use and accept paypal on OSE so I want to make sure not to break their rules.

    I had a small issue(I thought) with American Express last year at my day job. Next thing I new, when I swiped a customers American Express card it was declined. I called Amex and they said "Oh we shut you off for receiving a fraudulent credit card for $600(approx) dollars. 2 bad transactions in 25 years with American Express and they shut me off with NO notice. Nice way to treat us!
    These companies can ruin a business without much reason.



    And sorry for the misunderstanding.
    Steven Vaccaro

    Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    CO
    Posts
    5,988

    Default

    Finally, a worthwhile post!

    Mods, breakfast is served...
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

  21. #21

    Default

    Had a bloke on OSE send me his email for a gift sale payment.. contacted me a week after payment sent saying wasnt received !..
    Oh, he said. mistyped my email.
    Someone else had my money, and no claimback option.
    It's been sale price ( and fees if asked ) ever since.

    In Au it is an offense to ask for creditcard fees on top a sale price... even for over counter purchases... where as before we'd get slugged 4% extra
    W
    W
    Wayne Schutte PhdCSE BaSE BaEE. Australian, & damn proud of it YOUTUBE
    @ 36" H&M Maritmo twin1512/1800 6S1P 88mph @ 40" drag hydro#1 twin 5692 12S1P .....always for fun @

  22. #22

    Default

    I have been against the "gift" thing being used from the beginning. It is just plain DISHONEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So we pay the 3+ % for paypal, that is NO different that using a credit card to buy something from Steve at OSE. HE must absorb that to make sales. So what he and EVERYONE ELSE IN THE RETAIL BUSINESS DOES IS BUILD IN INTO THE COST OF THE ITEM. If 3% is the difference in this hobby of one being able to afford an item u r in the wrong hobby. Cost of our TOYS r just a part of the hobby. We spend more than the 3% on a cup of coffee at Starbucks most of the time on 9-10 items.
    Beating a dead horse here. Pay it and go on guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  23. #23

    Default

    ok, I waited a few days before making further fool of myself, but it's time again! I know when I buy from Steve since Steve is a bussiness so I just go thru Paypal as a normal merchandise purchasing experience. But when a private seller sells stuff here and says 3% fees, do I need to calculate and figure out the amount or Paypal charges automatically, the reason for this is that when dealing with non-bussiness, you go to "send money'' and the next thing you get is "personal'' or "purchase", under "purchase" there are a few buttons , do I click on "goods"? I tried other button or area without any results, do I need to creat a different profile? Please indulge me and give me some pointers, thanks.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Va
    Posts
    4,670

    Default

    Yes - pick goods. With the new rules there is no need to calculate the 3% you just send the stated amount.
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

  25. #25

    Default

    Ah, Thank you Sir!!!

  26. #26

    Default

    I love this! It personally makes me very upset when someone wants you to buy their crap ans still want you to pay the PP fees. The way I see it, is you ether want to sell it or you dont. If you do, adjust your price for all your fees including shipping. That's another thing that ticks me off. If you're selling something you know most of the time you will have to ship it. So add that to your asking price as well. To me $300 shipped looks way better than $250+shipping and paypal fees.

    Just my 3.4%

  27. #27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JackBlack26 View Post
    I love this! It personally makes me very upset when someone wants you to buy their crap ans still want you to pay the PP fees. The way I see it, is you ether want to sell it or you dont. If you do, adjust your price for all your fees including shipping. That's another thing that ticks me off. If you're selling something you know most of the time you will have to ship it. So add that to your asking price as well. To me $300 shipped looks way better than $250+shipping and paypal fees.

    Just my 3.4%
    Have to disagree on this with regard to shipping if it is a boat. Shipping costs vary a GREAT deal depending on the location. I have a commercial account with FedEx and will tell u that there is NO way to estimate shipping costs and build it into the cost unless u want to get ur **** burned a few times then U learn quickly. I have shipped boats a state away, as well to both coasts, canada, Australia, UK and even Europe and estimated that 2 is impossible. Box size and weight as well as insurance make ur suggestion too difficult to make a call on.

  28. #28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crrcboatz View Post
    Have to disagree on this with regard to shipping if it is a boat. Shipping costs vary a GREAT deal depending on the location. I have a commercial account with FedEx and will tell u that there is NO way to estimate shipping costs and build it into the cost unless u want to get ur **** burned a few times then U learn quickly. I have shipped boats a state away, as well to both coasts, canada, Australia, UK and even Europe and estimated that 2 is impossible. Box size and weight as well as insurance make ur suggestion too difficult to make a call on.
    I agree, its tough figuring out the shipping costs to cover all places in the world.
    Steven Vaccaro

    Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

  29. #29

    Default

    If the 3% PPfees ruffles your feathers.. we who have currency other than USD need pay additional 3% conversion fee when we buy from US !

    So there is 6% !!! .. and some of you cry over 3... Bah
    Lucky for us Au ppl.. after the US led GFC, the 1Au Vs 1.082USD gets us good exchange atm.

    W
    Wayne Schutte PhdCSE BaSE BaEE. Australian, & damn proud of it YOUTUBE
    @ 36" H&M Maritmo twin1512/1800 6S1P 88mph @ 40" drag hydro#1 twin 5692 12S1P .....always for fun @

  30. #30

    Default

    I too have a policy - If you are selling an item and then ask for PP fee's on top of it , Its an immediate keep it I am not interested in it any more . Just integrate it into the price .
    Last edited by Punisher 67; 02-21-2012 at 01:30 PM.
    Necessity is the mother of invention.............

    Youtube Video's http://www.youtube.com/user/Titanis2000

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •