Thread: Speed setup for SV27

Default Speed setup for SV27

Hey guys, been out of the RC hobby for a while. I'm now getting a little bored and decided to pull out the supervee's I had back in the day. I have two, and one I am going to leave stock.

The other one I am looking for a speed setup on. I want to run in the mid 50's if possible. Maybe even 60? What is the best motor/speed control/prop to get me in the ball park so that I can start playing around with tuning the boat and finding the right props. I know a lot of guys have pushed these boats to that speed, but I went through the last 4 pages of posts and couldn't find anything.

Thanks for any input.

I have been seeing people talk about the leopard motors. So I have been eyeballing the 4074 and 4082 motors. Just don't know which one to get, and in what KV. Bigger is always better, right?(4082)

The one 'problem' with the SV hull is that its fairly narrow which doesnt allow you to spin a huge diameter prop...........you need pitch.

With all the new 4 pole motors coming out i'd suggest one of those...............more efficient and more torque.

Here are a few, i own several of these and find them to be very good................especially at half the price of a Leopard of the same size.

These are all 4 poles as the "B" indicates

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._Inrunner.html

The two 3665's should handle an x640-642

The 3674 could probably spin an x645...............

These should get you up near or into the 50's
    NEED PARALLEL CONNECTORS?? QUALITY 5.5MM, 8MM, 8 AND 10 AWG, GET THEM HERE: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...est!&highlight=

Okay awesome. I was planning on getting my batteries from Hobbyking as I used to get all my flight packs from them and had great luck with the quality of the packs. I will decide which one I want and will probably go with one of those.

Default fast supervee

Quote Originally Posted by chase4556 View Post
    Hey guys, been out of the RC hobby for a while. I'm now getting a little bored and decided to pull out the supervee's I had back in the day. I have two, and one I am going to leave stock.

The other one I am looking for a speed setup on. I want to run in the mid 50's if possible. Maybe even 60? What is the best motor/speed control/prop to get me in the ball park so that I can start playing around with tuning the boat and finding the right props. I know a lot of guys have pushed these boats to that speed, but I went through the last 4 pages of posts and couldn't find anything.

Thanks for any input.
    i currently run a ammo 3656 2600kv, turnigy 180a esc, two 2s 6500mah max amp batts, and a 2 and 3 blade grim racer props! very fast and quite stable too after a precise set up

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Make-a-Wake View Post
    The one 'problem' with the SV hull is that its fairly narrow which doesnt allow you to spin a huge diameter prop...........you need pitch.
    I did not think of that one!

I have one setup with a UL-1 motor and esc, that I did some work to the bottom of the hull..
    maybe a x642 would whoop things up !!
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s