Thread: Miss Elam hop ups

Default Miss Elam hop ups

Thinking about switching out the stock motor ad ESC. I want to run it on 6S. Anybody have any ideas on a combo that would easily bolt in? Thanks

Why 6s?
    Cant fit very large batteries in there if you do.
    Keep in mind the boat can only handle so much speed before it becomes hard to drive....
    OSE GIFTING ELF
    HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!

I was thinking I can fit two 3S 4000's in there. One on the nose and one on the side. Did you know you can run these on 5S with the stock set up? I ran mine the other day with no issues. Stuffed the 3S battery up in the nose. i'd like to get 45-50mph out of this thing before it's all said and done. Although it might end up on the bottom of the lake lol

I think mid to high 40s is doable with it on 4s and a Ul-1 motor or comparable.
    The proboat motor will handle the 5s a lot better then the Ul-1 motor would since it is a lower kv turning probably close to what the Ul-1 motor does on 4s.

Prop makes a big difference I have a few I will be modding hoping to get a more mph out of it.
    I did not gps mine but I could probably stuff my etrex in the nose and see what speeds I am getting next time out.
    OSE GIFTING ELF
    HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!

I'm running a 442 prop right now and gonna try a x642 next. Keep me posted on your progress also.

What motor are you running the stock proboat?
    If so a larger prop will be better suited but also know the larger prop will make it not as stable.
    Which is why higher kv and smaller prop seams to really make these boats fly.

I have a 42x55 I'll be working and have a 645 that has been cut down to 43 and slightly cupped.
    Also have a carbon 42 I plan to try out when get some more testing time.
    I was very happy with the way the aluminum prop performed so far would be cool if this is the prop of choice for NE since doesn't require any working and it's cheaper.
    OSE GIFTING ELF
    HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!

One other thing if you haven't done it already is mod the ride surfaces look at Darin Jordan's build thread some great info there!
    OSE GIFTING ELF
    HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!

Hey guys, I'm getting ready to install a turnigy 180A ESC and a FC T600 1970 KV outrunner in my Elam. hoping for 50 MPH on 5S. I'll keep ya posted

I just ran across this thread and folks are wondering why you want high voltage................makes sense to me with less ampdraw and cooler temps. Heck...............I run 8s in the nitro Elam hull with way less room!! I didnt plan it that way, but i got a FREE Neu 1515 at 1100kv and wanted to use it.............long story on the free part...............so I wiggled everything in and now I have a 53mph boat that doesnt even get warm in the dead of summer.

I have two 2s batts in the sponsons which actually helps COG and two in the cockpit................this also eliminates me from having to strap a wrench to the front wing or slide a lead tube in it which some folks have done!

Pics and vid:

Attached Images Attached Images
    NEED PARALLEL CONNECTORS?? QUALITY 5.5MM, 8MM, 8 AND 10 AWG, GET THEM HERE: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...est!&highlight=

I find that the Elam hull does not really have room for more than 2x 2cell batteries (at 5000mah) so I upped the motor to a 1900kV leopard clone and also upgraded a 120A marine Turnigy ESC. I have been running with an X642 prop and the speed has been good at about 45mph with cool temperatures.

I have added expanding foam in the nose of the sponsons, to strengthen and and some weight to keep the nose down. But it does not take much for the nose to get air and flip it over.

Has anyone had success adding additional wings or air dams to the Elam, or even removing the rear wing? I would like to be able to hold down the nose a little more at speed, but I do not want to add any more weight.

Ok guys, I had a friend of mine wanting this boat bad so i just sold it.. But.. I picked up a brand new Aquacraft Miss Vegas. i'm gonna to convert it to brushless and it seems to have way more room for batteries.

Great choice on the Miss Vegas. My buddy had one and he threw a 2200kv 4074 and a T180 in her on 4s and she really went well. Its got to be the most stable Hydro I've ever seen. He named her "Miss Behavin" and then got out of boats and sold it here.

Here's a vid I shot of it a while back

NEED PARALLEL CONNECTORS?? QUALITY 5.5MM, 8MM, 8 AND 10 AWG, GET THEM HERE: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...est!&highlight=

Right on.. Thats what I heard, these boats are more stable. I got a hell of a deal on one so I couldn't pass it up. Thanks for the video

Quote Originally Posted by woodster View Post
    Right on.. Thats what I heard, these boats are more stable. I got a hell of a deal on one so I couldn't pass it up. Thanks for the video
    Cool..................what system are you gonna run? The interior is fairly large from what i remember and you could go 6s possibly.........

Quote Originally Posted by Make-a-Wake View Post
    Cool..................what system are you gonna run? The interior is fairly large from what i remember and you could go 6s possibly.........
    I have a FC Racing outrunner motor I bought and a Turnigy 180A ESC. Gonna run it on 6S and hopefully it's a screamer. hoping to have it together soon and ready to test out. I just re-glassed the bottom of the boat and a buddy of mine is making a new motor mount for me.

Ok guys I gpsed my Elam today with a UL-1 motor and running it on 4s with a 443 fightercat aluminum prop it ran 46.5mph consistently and is very stable this is the setup I have been using for heat racing. I tape the first break off all the way from the canards to the tunnel floor and tape up the turbine opening to help stop it from lifting. I know there is more in this boat with this motor still tweaking and tuning and trying a few more things. Temps so far seam very mild so definitely room for improvement.
    OSE GIFTING ELF
    HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!

I hit 50.6mph today and handling was pretty good a little flighty but not bad with some tweaking think it could be easily manageable.

UL-1 motor
    Used a 645prop that was cut down to 43mm and cupped by Mark Sholund (props4u.com)
    I rounded the tips sorta like a 42x55 prop because last time out I hit something but it seamed to help the prop a bit.

Also tried a 42x55 prop but got the same 46.5mph as before.

I also managed to burn up my motor the run after I think I kinked a water line or something.
    So will be testing out the stock motor to see what I can get out of it.
    OSE GIFTING ELF
    HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!

Quote Originally Posted by monojeff View Post
    I hit 50.6mph today and handling was pretty good a little flighty but not bad with some tweaking think it could be easily manageable.

UL-1 motor
    Used a 645prop that was cut down to 43mm and cupped by Mark Sholund (props4u.com)
    I rounded the tips sorta like a 42x55 prop because last time out I hit something but it seamed to help the prop a bit.

Also tried a 42x55 prop but got the same 46.5mph as before.

I also managed to burn up my motor the run after I think I kinked a water line or something.
    So will be testing out the stock motor to see what I can get out of it.
    I see you had been running the Elam. Did you ever make make a replacement decal set for this boat?

No I never got around to it.
    I have been busy with other projects.
    If you need some decals send me a pm.
    OSE GIFTING ELF
    HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!

I am getting consistant 50mph out of my Elam using the UL-1 set up on 4s. Still trying to find the right amout of weight to add to the front to keep her from blowing over but I can usually avoid it by adding a slight amount of rudder when she looks like its gonna go over.