Thread: Diegoboy's 145 LED project

Default Diegoboy's 145 LED project

So far I have 143 LED's on my Island class coast guard cutter. Time allowing, I'll get the radar rotating and more mast LED's installed to make it a nice 145 LED's.

"A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough."
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Very Cool. Are the light controlled by your transmitter?

Youv'e gotta get some night video!!

Yes, the third channel turns them on/off. The red ones are below the waterline, so the water glows around the hull
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Thats awesome! Good job moderator! Id like to see a vid too.

I think you need a dimmer installed :-) very cool Danny
    "Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone except God.
    Billy Graham

Thanks guys. She's purpose built for our club's fall evening event called Parade of lights"

I thought I was looking at an add for "Pimp my Ride"!

Looks like one of my planes that i fly at night with, nice job.

Thank you! when it warms up, I hope to get video at night.

super job, looks fantastic!!

I have installed a few lights on my Titan, and am currently powering them with a separate 2s battery. I have yet to figure out how to turn them on, and off with my DXS3 third channel. Do I need something like this? http://www.dimensionengineering.com/PicoSwitch.htm
    Also interesting, is the ability to control various, *modes*, on a single channel, http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...f_Switch_.html
    I would appreciate, your/any input.

Quote Originally Posted by runzwithsizorz View Post
    I have installed a few lights on my Titan, and am currently powering them with a separate 2s battery. I have yet to figure out how to turn them on, and off with my DXS3 third channel. Do I need something like this? http://www.dimensionengineering.com/PicoSwitch.htm
    Also interesting, is the ability to control various, *modes*, on a single channel, http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...f_Switch_.html
    I would appreciate, your/any input.
    are you a gadget man ?
    gut an old analog servo.. remove all mechanicals to reveal the circuit.
    Take note the servo position rheostat.. if 10k(for eg) get 2x5k resistors to make permanent pathway.
    Remove motor.. the 2 wires here are 0/0 or +/- or -/+ depending on what the Tx says to servo.
    a couple diodes and relays and you've a widget that allows a pair relays to operate from either end a servo travel.
    3 position switch on/off/on where the 2x on are independent.
    This is analogue world stuff.. ' long before the advent of 'user friendly' or 'ergonomic' Tx .

Love the led install on the cutter.. nice work.

regs
    W
    Wayne Schutte PhdCSE BaSE BaEE. Australian, & damn proud of it YOUTUBE
    @ 36" H&M Maritmo twin1512/1800 6S1P 88mph @ 40" drag hydro#1 twin 5692 12S1P .....always for fun @

I have used THIS one. very simple on/off via open channel. It's very small and uses very little power.

I am curious to know your battery set-up? All on mains? 1 battery for RX, motor, and servo, and 1 for just lights? 1 battery for just motor, and 1 for RX, servo. and lights? Cell count,(volts) for each? Battery Mah? Aprox. lights draw? Run time?

[QUOTE=Diegoboy;387761]So far I have 143 LED's on my Island class coast guard cutter. Time allowing, I'll get the radar rotating and more mast LED's installed to make it a nice 145 LED's

Hey Danny,

Just saw this - great addition to your rig :

http://www.hobbypartz.com/41p-police-light-bar.html

The third channel HK switch would work well with this
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Very cool. Where were these when I was doing my Police Hydrofoil?
    lol

Hi Diegoboy! I didn't mean to hijack your thread but I just thought you might like this boat I saw on youtube. It's a Philippine Bangka inspired rcboat. Built by a filipino guy based in Japan. Hope you like it!

That is AWESOME. Any luck finding me a hull??

Exquisite boat; peaceful vid. Thanks !
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Quote Originally Posted by Diegoboy View Post
    That is AWESOME. Any luck finding me a hull??
    My friend in Angeles, Pampanga said that wooden carved boats there are heavy and I think it wouldn't be a nice piece to make a rc boat. I'm thinking of asking some real bangka makers in the provinces to make you a scale hull just like the real thing. I'm thinking of using Chinese bamboo for the "Katig" (side supports ), piece of tarpaulin to replicate the trapal roofs.

Very nice, I would love to see it in the water at night with that lantern light on.