Thread: face lift / tune up for 27 to 27R have the I got the best bits ????

Default face lift / tune up for 27 to 27R have the I got the best bits ????

I have an existing SuperVee 27, but thought about a bit of an upgrade to bring it closer to 27R spec.
    Have gotten an esc of a U1 60 amp (AQUM7005) so I can run lipos in the 27, my packs are 2S 30C 5000mah. Also it's getting 2.4G upgrade.
    I want to get the extra turn fin ? The 27R has port and starboard, the old 27 only has one.
    I want to get the new transom water pickup (AQUB 9520)
    New aluminium water jacket, ditch the old silicone one
    The old and new strut looks the same except for colour (blue vs black)
    The old and new rudder look the same.
    Keep the old motor, they seem similar enough spec to not spend money on on the new Aquacraft, if I did get a new motor it would be in the Turnigy price range ?
    I will be doing some fibreglassing on the seams I can get to and strengthen it a bit.

Any advice from people who have also looked at this, or have done some of it would be appreciated.
    We don't club race, it's just my 5 year old son and me at the lake against each other when it's not too windy.

Cheers from Melbourne, Australia.
    Proboat Mystic, Proboat Impulse 31, Aquacraft Supervee 27, Aquacraft Atlantic tug

Hello from Australia.

I'd add trim tab supports. They made a huge difference in handling for me.

I'd also suggest adding at least 2 layers of fiberglass support on the sides for the reasons your mentioned.

I'd also put a layer of poxy on all the inside wood including the transom area.

I'd also run one plastic nut and bolt on your rudder. This will save your rudder from snapping and will protect the transom from stress cracks.

If you don't already have one, I'd suggest a B&S metal prop. I'm running an Octura 440/3 and I like how it gets the boat on plane and overall top speed.

All your other upgrades are things I've done to my SV27 too and it's become a very fast fun boat to run.

Dave

Post a video when it have it out running.

Trim tab supports ???. I currently have the std ones, is there a better one available ? Part number / link ?
    Props ???? Something I've been trying to avoid due to lack of knowledge and lack of experience, but I'd like to upgrade, but not to the point of the motor or esc getting hotter .....
    Back to mixing epoxy.

P.S my Msytic is also getting the epoxy treatment, seems they tape the stern and middle which is visible, but not the bow .... only visible after you remove the polystyrene foam, and it's just a plain glue joint of deck and hull, nowonder they crack at the bow at the lighest tap against the jetty. Must take a picture and post it for other mystic owners.
    Proboat Mystic, Proboat Impulse 31, Aquacraft Supervee 27, Aquacraft Atlantic tug

Hello from Australia.

The below link is for the trim tab supports. Kintec also makes them. I decided to go with the tim tab support and built in water pick up form Kintec (he seems to be out of them at the moment).

http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...od=ose-tab1015

The below link will have a list of all the props that are suggest for the SV and what kind of performance you can expect.

http://kintecracing.com/Supervee_27_upgrades.html

Hope this helps,

Dave