Thread: spartan motor

Default spartan motor

hi, on the back of my spartan castle 1800kv motor it says 1420-1800kv, what is that?

Hi, the 1420 is the can size..............1400 series which is 36mm diameter, the 20 is a length 'code'..............yours is 74mm long. The 1500 series Castle motors are 40mm diameter.

The 1800kv means it will spin 1800 rpms per volt of input. 20 volts would give you 36,000 rpms. Welcome to OSE!
    NEED PARALLEL CONNECTORS?? QUALITY 5.5MM, 8MM, 8 AND 10 AWG, GET THEM HERE: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...est!&highlight=

Make a Wake its answers like that ,that really help out. I had no idea what the numbers meant execpt for the "kv" which I thought was kilivolt. Very cool sir! While Im at it here I bet you as well, know if the 1500 series or larger would bolt up or ther wise work in the Spartan. I scattered my stock Spartan motor today and just wondered.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Make-a-Wake View Post
    Hi, the 1420 is the can size..............1400 series which is 36mm diameter, the 20 is a length 'code'..............yours is 74mm long. The 1500 series Castle motors are 40mm diameter.

The 1800kv means it will spin 1800 rpms per volt of input. 20 volts would give you 36,000 rpms. Welcome to OSE!
    There is more useful information in this one post than in most threads entirely. Thanks Make-A-Wake. I'm going to print that so I don't lose it.

Quote Originally Posted by Warlock View Post
    Make a Wake its answers like that ,that really help out. I had no idea what the numbers meant execpt for the "kv" which I thought was kilivolt. Very cool sir! While Im at it here I bet you as well, know if the 1500 series or larger would bolt up or ther wise work in the Spartan. I scattered my stock Spartan motor today and just wondered.

Thanks.
    What do you mean,
    That you scattered your motor ?

Thanks.
    The bolt pattern of the 1400 series, 1500 series and 1717 is 25mm spacing. Most all motors in that range of 36mm diameter to 40mm diameter are 25mm bolt spacing. Smaller 28mm diameter motors are typcially 19mm and very large motors are typically 30mm. Any motor that you find that has a bolt pattern of 25mm should directly bolt to the stock motor mount. The larger in length though the rear of the motor may need to be supported. Be careful with to much power though as it wouldn't surprise me that a motor with a lot of torque would damage or crack the plastic hull.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet
    "It is easier to be wise for others than for ourselves"

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel6401 View Post
    The bolt pattern of the 1400 series, 1500 series and 1717 is 25mm spacing. Most all motors in that range of 36mm diameter to 40mm diameter are 25mm bolt spacing. Smaller 28mm diameter motors are typcially 19mm and very large motors are typically 30mm. Any motor that you find that has a bolt pattern of 25mm should directly bolt to the stock motor mount. The larger in length though the rear of the motor may need to be supported. Be careful with to much power though as it wouldn't surprise me that a motor with a lot of torque would damage or crack the plastic hull.
    Thanks, thats what I wanted to know. If I had two Spartans I would try a huge motor just for fun, but I was really looking for a better quality motor of around the same size. The Castle motor in it is very nice as far as I am concerned, the hot rodder in me gets big ideas sometimes.

Thanks, thats what I wanted to know. If I had two Spartans I would try a huge motor just for fun, but I was really looking for a better quality motor of around the same size. The Castle motor in it is very nice as far as I am concerned, the hot rodder in me gets big ideas sometimes.
    Doesn't get much better then Castle.. Neu and Lehner would be the other 2 options, and I wouldn't recommend sticking either of those in a spartan. Your not going to be able to take advantage or the motors ability.. The Spartan is a limited platform. JMHO.

If you really feel the need for speed, your gonna need a hull that doesn't mind being pushed such as a DF, Aeromarine or Rico. The TFL hulls such as the Pursuit and Osprey run very well also. I wouldn't get too crazy with a RTR hull. JMHO.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet
    "It is easier to be wise for others than for ourselves"