Thread: Thinking of going to 5.5 bullets

Default Thinking of going to 5.5 bullets

Can someone post a picture of how to run my 2s 5000 lipos on my SV27 with 5.5 bullets. How do you know which on is positive and negative on the parallel wires from the ESC. One side has one red wire and one black where the other side has two blacks. I'm assuming the black wire that is coming from the other connector is the positive wire? Is this correct? Is there a recommended order when connecting your batteries to your ESC.

What I'm looking to do is switch out my Deans to 5.5 bullets.

Thanks,

Dave

2012-01-17 23-35-16.381.jpg2012-01-17 23-35-22.540.jpg. Hook one battery red(+) to esc hook battery two black (-) to esc then hook red and black wires together form batteries.

Did you not upgrade your motor and esc connectors?

Thanks for the quick response,

Dave

Just got some 5.5's last week for the esc but not sure if I want to put them on or just solder them together, but the batteries are 5.5's.

My main reason to upgrade has been that most good used Lipos that are for sale, always have 5.5 bullets on them. My SV has been running great with Deans and I've been too lazy to convert over. Just got a used soldering iron, so I suppose it might be time to practice/learn how to solder.

Dave

PS. How do you like those lipos you have in your boat. I had a chance to buy some used ones and passed on them.

have not tried them yet. practice is good so you don't end up with a cold solder. if it is shiny then it good if not try again.