Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EKOS HULL $49 on EBAY

Quote Originally Posted by mohsb View Post
    Nice job Norman, All my parts are on order. Let's see if we can get these hulls to run as a single drive.
    I am sure they will run better with single drives than with twin drives. Positive
    Norman
    34" Ekos Cat UL-1 Powered

Got my hull and like others, it only has two blemishes in the decals. Holes are predrilled. I am planning on running two motors. Does anyone have a recommendation on stingers? I can drill out 4mm ones. The stock ones from Venom are expensive ($45). Fighter Cat no longer has the 70mm ones. I found these at Hobby King http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/s...e_Silver_.html ($9.84) but don't know if they will work. Ideally I would like to find direct repalcements for the stock ones but that may be asking too much.

Any thoughts?

Exclamation Scammer Alert - Avoid HobbyKing.com

I ordered a Hobby-Wing motor from HobbyKing because they "allegedly" had the 3300Kv size I wanted... http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...2T_3300Kv.html --- I waited for well over a week and received no shipping info.

I was not able to get in touch with them by telephone or live chat. I opened a trouble ticket which also went un-answered. I finally ended up filing a PayPal dispute, they canceled my order without notice. They are not answering the PayPal dispute either, they know the drill... don't respond and after 10-days PP will rule in my favor and I'll get a refund.

In the meantime they have money to use - I know, $34.53 ain't squat, but what if they do that to a 1,000 or 5,000 or even 10,000 people?? Now your talking thousands of dollars.

I cannot attach a complete screen shot of my PayPal account because it would reveal too much personal info that could be used for ID theft; however, I will post the basics and let you guys decide for yourself...

Business Name: hexTronik Limited (The recipient of this payment is Non-U.S. - Verified)
    Email: support@unitedhobbies.com
    Payment Sent to: accounts@UNITEDHOBBIES.COM

In plain english, they ARE NOT a USA based business!! -- They are located in Hong Kong - I have a copy of the customs form to prove it.

They are SCUMS & SCAMMERS!! -- I highly recommend you avoid them like the plague!!

If you want to do business with a reputable USA business, buy your stuff from HobbyPartz. I've completed 2 transactions with them and have a 3rd in progress, they ship fast and they answer the phone when you call them - they also have live chat and yes they also answer there too.

I have also done numerous transactions with Tower Hobbies without any issues. Tower Hobbies has a sister company on eBay called OmniHobbies - I have done several transactions with them too, again with no issues of any kind. Best of all, OmniHobbies ALWAYS offers free shipping on orders of $99 or more.

Again AVOID Hobby King or you WILL regret it.

I have proof of all statements made in this post, thus it is not opinion IT IS FACT.

Regards,
    Barnacle Bill The Sailor

Quote Originally Posted by Bullwink View Post
    Got my hull and like others, it only has two blemishes in the decals. Holes are predrilled. I am planning on running two motors. Does anyone have a recommendation on stingers? I can drill out 4mm ones. The stock ones from Venom are expensive ($45). Fighter Cat no longer has the 70mm ones. I found these at Hobby King http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/s...e_Silver_.html ($9.84) but don't know if they will work. Ideally I would like to find direct repalcements for the stock ones but that may be asking too much.

Any thoughts?

A week is no time at a all at hobbyking. They're slow, be patient you'll get your stuff. I've received my orders before without even a shipping email and status that still say pending. They're prob still backed up from the chinese new year last month. I've ordered thousands of $$$$ from HK. No issues in not receiving anything to date (knock on wood). Warranty on the other hand could be an issue. Been using them for a few years now. You'll find a few un-satisfied customers, but at the end of the day more people use them then avoid them. Just gotta have patience and no what to expect.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet
    "It is easier to be wise for others than for ourselves"

quite a post there, bill. 2 transactions with hobby partz, and one with hobby king? wow. that obviously qualifies you as an expert. and the shrill tone, and content of your post, shows you to be of mature and even temperment. well, actually, based on your post, i wouldn't even rely on you to tell me the correct time of day. are you 13 years old?

bill, can't you do better than that? longer. more quotes. angrier.

by the way, all your rc's sound like crap: what grown man runs a BANDIT as a main rig? really, bill, bandits and plastic brushed boats and whatnot...rtr type radios? hell, i have nicer boats, trucks and planes sitting around here that i haven't even USED yet. if you come back i'll tell you more.

This thread just took a bad turn. Good luck gentlemen...

"Unsubscribed"
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet
    "It is easier to be wise for others than for ourselves"

i agree---i'm gone too---"unsubscribed"

...what grown man runs a BANDIT as a main rig...
    Not me, mine's for sale. AND, it was NEVER my main rig.

My main rig is now & has been since last July a highly modified Trax Stampede, I'll put pix in the gallery once the BL motor upgrade is complete.

...plastic brushed boats...
    Plastic yes, brushed no... upgraded to BL... https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...shless-Project

I'm not alone, there are quite a few members of this forum who have Rio's they've upgraded to BL. Check the "AquaCraft Rio EP Offshore Superboat Q & A" section. It was my first boat, have to start somewhere...

Have my eyes on a EKOS P1 for my next project, if I'm not mistaken, the hull is made of fiberglass.

That's all folks...

This one has gone long enough
    Last edited by JimClark; 02-11-2012 at 05:28 AM.
    "Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone except God.
    Billy Graham

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12