Thread: issues with hobbypartz

Default issues with hobbypartz

not sure where to post this
    I ordered from hobbypartz and when filling out the order i put my name in the address instead of my dad's (paying with his paypal).
    they sent me an email to update the shipping address, there is no way (that i know of) to change it in my account, so i emailed them with an updated billing and shipping address.
    they are now asking for a copy of a drivers license and copy of a credit card (implying both sides of the credit card by asking for a specific number)
    I am a little concerned that this is not actually hobbypartz emailing me but someone else, all of the items I ordered are still in my cart.
    can someone confirm that "verification@hobbypartz.com" is actually theirs and they are not identity stealers?
    i will call them/ live chat with them tomorrow but this is slightly concerning.

You seem to have issues with everything.

it's called murphy
    i haven't had a good day and you're not making it any better - thanks.

a lot of online retailers will not deal with you unless all the info matches
    "Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone except God.
    Billy Graham

i understand but isn't it a little unsafe to send them access to your credit card and a piece of i.d. matching that credit card? in theory they could get a new card using your i.d. and go spend your money.

I agree but then cancel the order and put a new order in your dads name or get your own accounts. They are just trying to make sure they don't get screwed
    "Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone except God.
    Billy Graham

have you ordered from them before? how do I access my accont and/or cancel my order? it definitely isn't obvious

Just cancel whatever order you were trying to place and place another with all the correct information.

For a Pay Pal order why in the hell would they want a copy of a credit card front and back? And a drivers license?

All of that is NONE of their business when using pay pal. The only thing that is there business is if they got paid and the shipping address. Thats why people use pay pal. So companies dont have a chance at your credit card number...

Call Paypal, they will help. there excellent.

will paypal cancel the order or do I have to go into my account on hobby partz? (and how do i do that?)
    the suspicious thing about it is the items are still in my cart.
    the main reason it happened is I put my name down for my fathers billing address.

Paypal will not cancel the order, you will have to deal with the vendor directly.
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

I figured it out
    when I clicked the "same as shipping address" box, it must have not registered, they did not get a billing address (which from the comments makes me feel doesn't matter) but i should ship out tomorrow.

Sign your Dad up to paypal, it's the safest way to buy IMO.
    W
    Wayne Schutte PhdCSE BaSE BaEE. Australian, & damn proud of it YOUTUBE
    @ 36" H&M Maritmo twin1512/1800 6S1P 88mph @ 40" drag hydro#1 twin 5692 12S1P .....always for fun @

OSE does the same thing, if the shipping address on the order forum doesnt match the shipping address paypal say it should be going to, the customer is emailed and the order canceled. Its to stop fraud.
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Quote Originally Posted by drwayne View Post
    Sign your Dad up to paypal, it's the safest way to buy IMO.
    W
    this is done through paypal
    steve - do you ask for a front and back copy of credit card and drivers licence?

Quote Originally Posted by Boaterguy View Post
    this is done through paypal
    steve - do you ask for a front and back copy of credit card and drivers licence?
    There has been a few times on large purchases that I emailed the customer to prove identity.
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

I order stuff from them,there great. Best deals on lipos and ships fast. I always call them. Thats the way I like to order. I always have a lot of questions. The numbers on the card are asked by most places.(on the back)

the numbers i'm not worried about, it's the combination of ID and credit card that has me troubled.
    it shipped today so there are no issues.

I never had any problems like this with them and service is great