Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Upgraded prop, now have some heat issues

Quote Originally Posted by Make-a-Wake View Post
    Yeah, that does..............especially when most posts on this thread said to stay away from it. Anyways, if you are good with props you can trim it down to 42mm if you find its too much as it is............i personally think its way too much. I have found every now and then when i went smaller I got more speed I'm obviously not a prop 'expert' but i think the m445 or x642 would be best................my opinion
    I have read on here a few different threads that said the X645 prop was a good prop if you upgrade to bullet connectors to 5mm and get rid of the Deans. Even Darrin has recommended this prop in a few posts. That is why I chose this prop. I’m not a prop guy either and I did view every single thread on this forum for the Impulse and decided to go with t is prop.

I will order the M445 and give that a shot and sell the X645 when I get home. I did see on here that the X445 is a good prop too for this application.

Quote Originally Posted by SFC K View Post
    I have read on here a few different threads that said the X645 prop was a good prop if you upgrade to bullet connectors to 5mm and get rid of the Deans. Even Darrin has recommended this prop in a few posts. That is why I chose this prop. I’m not a prop guy either and I did view every single thread on this forum for the Impulse and decided to go with t is prop.

I will order the M445 and give that a shot and sell the X645 when I get home. I did see on here that the X445 is a good prop too for this application.
    I was running the boat with the x645, when the dean connectors melted. Now, I believe even if I upgraded to 5mm bullets, I still think it would be too much prop. In the treads where Darrin was recommending that prop, it was with upgraded motors and ESC (at least the ones I read). I'm very happy with the performance with the M445 prop. I'll eventually upgrade motor and ESC, which at that point I'll use the X645.

Quote Originally Posted by Make-a-Wake View Post
    Nice.............Ball valves.............
    Looks like spammers are at it again...

Guys... when you are having these heat issues with the X645, where is your strut adjusted to??

Jay Turner is right... the X645 is too much prop for general bashing or long runs. One of the reasons why I quit posting prop recommendations, for the most part, is because I tend to lean towards racing setups, and that's what I know. I don't get out and just dink around much.

The 1800KV motor in the Mono shouldn't be loaded up much. If you are running your boat wet, or have the strut adjusted too low, you are going to load the prop too much.
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

How did you upgrade to a 45mm. My stock 40mm prop nearly touches the rudder with a full left turn. Did you change out the rudder assembly?

i would read propper choppers post on "blueprinting motors" He does it on an aq motor but you can apply it to you PB motor. If you want to salvage your x645 you could remove some of the tounge and possibly barr cut it to relieve some of the load. If you already have the m445 you may just stick with it, I've always liked it better on these spec motors.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12