Thread: Actual picture's of items being sold

Question Actual picture's of items being sold

Question,
    If the item I'm selling is in a sealed box and obviously not opened, why do I have to open it and display what obviously came from the SEALED box? It doesn't make sense to me to open it just to prove what's inside. If it's a sealed unit, how could it not be what's inside and how could I fake it? Granted, I'm sure it has been done by professional thieves in one or more ways. I have no means of re-sealing a box that measures over 3 feet long and a foot wide in it's original cellophane packaging. Nor do I know anyone who has the capability of doing so. It would be pretty hard to pass off a large empty box. I had a post removed because I refused to break open the seal and display what was inside. Now I could care less about the post, but to me, it would make more sense to buy a product if it was in a sealed, unopened container, no matter what the size. If I was selling sealed minted coins, would I have to crack open the container to take pictures? That would take away the legitimacy of the item and make it just like any other used coin. If I was selling candy bars, would I have to open the seal and display it just to prove it was a "real" candy bar? If I made battery pack's and sealed them in shrink wrap, do I have to cut open the shrink to show that they are "real" batteries? Sorry for all the analogies but I'm just looking for a realistic answer. I don't want to cause a flaming war but it seems to me that other rules are broken at times (i.e; bumping threads sooner than what's allowed, pm's between seller's/buyer's, etc) and if your not a friend of a friend, you get policed. I understand all cannot be policed but my pic's were of a legitimate nature (They were the actual item, as per the rules) and in no way could be faked (they were taken on my dining room floor) and I have never violated 1 single posting rule since I joined. I would just like a different point of view to understand this logic.
    "If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective"
    45"Speedfreek
    , Fightercat #068 ​, MyYoutube Vids

What if it is damaged and you can't see it if the box isn't open and as far as your "friend of a friend statement goes it is total BS. As soon as i see a bump or someone brings one to my attention it is dealt with. But remember we do not have time to sit here 24/7 to babysit
    "Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone except God.
    Billy Graham

By the way I only asked for more pictures of the actual item you were the one who told me to delete as you said it was more valuable in a sealed box
    "Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone except God.
    Billy Graham

Thank you Jim. I understand now. That did not occur to me. You are correct in that sense and I appreciate your feedback. Like I said, just looking for a different point of view.
    "If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective"
    45"Speedfreek
    , Fightercat #068 ​, MyYoutube Vids