Thread: Turnigy B3650-1500 Brushless motor

Default Turnigy B3650-1500 Brushless motor

Ok, I have had my SV for a few weeks now and have not been able to get it up to speed. The 1st issue I found was that the wiring was wired so that I was basically getting the voltage of 1 battery not in series. Second I found my boat has a Turnigy B3650-1500 motor in it, not the original motor. Can anyone give me any feed back on this motor?

Was this brand new or did you buy it used. A 1500kv should be just fine
    "Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone except God.
    Billy Graham

I got the boat used. I don't know much about these things yet. Am I too assume I can run this pretty much the same as the stock motor?

After you figure out the wiring problem, I'd swap it out for the 3656 1800kv version...............i have several of them and i love 'em...............vented cans too.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._Inrunner.html

What ESC are you running?
    NEED PARALLEL CONNECTORS?? QUALITY 5.5MM, 8MM, 8 AND 10 AWG, GET THEM HERE: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...est!&highlight=

It is the stock ESC with all kinds of splices in the wiring. I am gonna get that straightened out 1st. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't gonna fry this motor if I wired it in series. Figured maybe there was a reason the previous owner did it this way.

Get a used proboat or aquacraft motor off the for sale forum. 10x the motor of those HK 2 pole motors.
    Quite a few people sell the entire power system of their boats when the upgrade. All I run is "spec" powered boats so all the used stuff for cheap has served me very well.
    You can get an esc and motor, sometime with programming card for 100$ or less with shipping.
    Lipo ready, no spliced wiring setups and good quality motors.
    Drop it in the boat and go, keep that HK motor for a spare. There are also some much better quality motors from HK.
    I personally run a Pro Boat miss Geico 1500kv motor and esc in my SV turning a fairly large prop, it's just as fast as my buddies with a UL-1 motor and a smaller prop.
    Your HK motor would go up in smoke with the prop I'm using, saw it happen last summer in a buddies SV, the Gieco motor comes in right about 100 degrees.
    That melt down is the reason he now has a UL-1 motor in his.
    Both are running about as fast as a SV can go and still finish a 3:30 min. race right side up regularly.
    Some of my favorite races are when we get 4 or 5 SV's running at once.
    If my boats upside down then who owns the one I thought I was driving the last two laps?

Thanks for your thoughts Siberianhuskey. I purchased the boat used and it had quite a few things that were done to it that were questionable. The wiring was definately the 1st issue as it was wired in series, not parrelel. Several splices and jumper cords changing the size of the wires and connectors. I am getting all of that straightened out 1st. The boat is in getting painted now so I have the time to mess with everything while it is out of the boat. I want to try the motor out with the corrected wiring before I start changing everything else. But, if it is not up to standard I will likely go down your path.

You want it to be wired for Parallel Batteries? What are you going to use for batteries?
    "Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone except God.
    Billy Graham

Quote Originally Posted by JimClark View Post
    You want it to be wired for Parallel Batteries? What are you going to use for batteries?
    Jim, it was wired for Series and I did not know the difference when I first got it. I have it rewired Parallel now and we got rid of all of the splices. I was running the boat on 2 6-cells in Series and it was running about 15mph I now have 2 7-cells to try in it. I am getting a little more comfy with the LIPO batteries so that will be next. I have recently started to hang out with "Diesel" who is helping me get my boat going the way it should be. Paint should be done this week so I can get her back in the water and see how the corrections have helped.
    Attached Images Attached Images