Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone know what happened to Paul Pachmayer?

Quote Originally Posted by sjslhill View Post
    Howard, 40 mph is good enough for me...I don't need 70 mph.
    The Idea of spec is not to go 70mph Steve. These are not open classes. They are affordable spec systems. You would be surprised how reliable and cheap a Spec Brushless boat can be.
    40 to 45 MPH for Monos and a bit more for Hydros.

Quote Originally Posted by Darin Jordan View Post
    However, our P-Limited Hydros are heat racing at 55mph+ so these packages aren't "slow"...
    So Steve.........that means don't race with them. haha Sorry Darin, you guys aren't the norm. The riggers are seriously fast on spec power. At 40 you could run for 4 minutes of offshore deck to deck at most puddles. Maybe a little faster.

sheesh, I'm fast fingers felson this morning.

Forgot to mention. Only 34" max for P Limited. Typical mono is around 30". 30" ish boats are plenty fast at mid 40.

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Davis View Post
    Cool thing about all this P limited stuff is that as far as I can tell there's less gap between setups. You don't typically get a guy that destroys everyone. You still get the guys that can massage a prop until it sings but for the most part everybody has a shot. Makes for some real fun. Getting spanked all the time gets old.
    left the door open on that one Terry but I will act like I didn't see it.
    seasoned newbie

HAHA Yeah, if it's getting old I'm clearly doing it wrong.

You haven't changed a bit sir.

Quote Originally Posted by brooks93 View Post
    left the door open on that one Terry but I will act like I didn't see it.
    I caught that too, but wasn't going to comment!!

Terry... 55mph for a P-Ltd Hydro should be about the norm/average... That's not that hard to make happen... You shouldn't even need to know anything about prop tweaking. Just need to get the right prop and properly sharpen and balance.

Getting the 60-65mph speeds that Brian and Eric Bourlet are getting... that's another story... I'm close, though, as is Lohring and a few others... It does come down to feeler gauge accuracy setups and the right prop. Props don't have to be all THAT tweaked, however. Nothing you couldn't do with a modified pair of pliers.

And before anyone goes into a fit over us killing motors or pulling massive amps... Our experience has been that temps DROP as you get the speeds up and you get the setup more correct. It makes sense. You are running more efficiently, and not relying solely on motor power to make it happen. My setups come in after a 1-Mile heat race at around 115-125 degrees, and Brian's are usually cooler than that. He's quite a bit faster, by the way...

Don't fear... BUILD and TWEAK! And ask for help! :D
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

I think if or when I get into it I will probably just do a mono to run 2 class's and a OPC. always liked them but no one raced them back then.
    seasoned newbie

thanks guys.....

I know Darin. Test/tweak/test/test/tweak/rub/test/sacrifice chicken//test/tweak some more. I just didn't want anyone reading this to think that Buass is what they'll be racing against on every given Sunday. You guys really do have a special knowledge base in your parts that does not exist everywhere. That was a compliment..........don't get used to it.

That was a compliment..........don't get used to it.
    Hahahaha... OK... I won't... I know how much I suck...
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

Terry should I deletethat complimemt so you don't spoil your reputation?

I know Darin. Test/tweak/test/test/tweak/rub/test/sacrifice chicken//test/tweak some more. I just didn't want anyone reading this to think that Buass is what they'll be racing against on every given Sunday. You guys really do have a special knowledge base in your parts that does not exist everywhere. That was a compliment..........don't get used to it.

Sent from my MB611 using Tapatalk
    "Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone except God.
    Billy Graham

Well, I don't know what you do but you know how rare it is for me to give you guys credit. haha

holly crap. Hell has froze over. I am thinking about getting into boats again and Terry is giving Darin compliments
    seasoned newbie

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123