Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone know what happened to Paul Pachmayer?

Hey Guys,

LMFAO!!! Terry, wasn't it a swig of rum then a swig of Coke then jump up and down to mix it up?? The "Blue Blaster" oddly enough is still in one piece. So are several of my "Dew" boats.

Email is paul at paracordpaul dot com, just don't want to spell it out on a forum and get spammed.;-)

The bonfire...cripes what a night. I still think the H&M Spider should be a legal sport hydro. How much racing is still going on?

Paul.

With all you "old timers" yapping about the good ole days... I want to see some more photos.

Way back then, we had to take the film to the drugstore to have it developed. Hard to post them, but I'll try.

Paul,it's about the same. Pockets. There are a ton more boats out there though. Then a handful of us bitching because nobody wants to race.

The tech has settled some. No new battery chemistry threatening to kill all of man kind. A LOT of motor and speedo options now. You can go pretty fast without having to donate an organ. The big draw is limited spec these days. Big boats run together from 6s depending on who brought what.

My posts are still entertaining but I've finally managed to get to a position where nobody cares what I say......like before. HAHA

Still having fun. Glad to hear you are doing well.

Look what I found....

It was in a folder marked MC5. Pachman and Jevmax.

I'll see if I can find any more tidbits.
    Attached Images Attached Images

The chairman, Jaques, and the Yeti Randy Naylor and a flock of big boats all from Michigan Cup 5. I guess that's 2004?

One more from the 2006 nats in Jersey. This one is Twaits Junior and Senior, Eddy Hansen and Chris Kostanza. Mmmmman that was a fun trip.

Whiping through the toilet bowel.....er Camper Dearborn.

I recall Brooks/Pach late nite in WI, after all the good little boaters went to their respective over night arrangements, those guys set off a 5000 mah lipo by overcharging it. I think it took 15,000 before ignition.

There's gonna be a race in OH again this year according to Howard. Check out the IMPBA race schedule. Would be a good time for a "get-to-gether"!!! I'll bring the firewood!!!

Maybe we should threaten to rough up the Canadians and just make them meet us all in Ohio. It's a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Davis View Post
    Maybe we should threaten to rough up the Canadians and just make them meet us all in Ohio. It's a thought.
    They talk tough but they just don't have any nads!!!!!

Went through my notebook looking for pics.....must all be on the old computer....good thing I have most of the parts.

I don't know how far into planning the Canadians are. I was thinking maybe you guys could convince them to bail and just pack there crap and come south. Now all we need to do is pry that rock up where Reesor is hiding and race some boats.

Fred told me he found the disk from RCBM from 2004 when Matt Boyd was out to hang with us. Very few people shots but a TON of rediculously huge hi-res boat shots. Some of those pics are 12 meg each.

Although I really hate Bruce Springstunk "Glory Days..."

2006.. Was that the year the tornados came through?
    Anyway.. Paul was and is a stand up dude. I know he had some issues with my job change but that never deflated my like for the dude.. Lots of laughs from that cat. And taking the burn on the tip of his nose from that SS700 for me still makes me laugh each time I think of it.

Come back and play toy boats with us some say man!

Lets tip one back for Paul!

Grim

I think the monsoon was 2005. 3000 sq.ft of tent dangling from the teathers like a spider in a web. As it was coming in Randy was out in the aluminum boat hunting for a sunk boat. We had to yell to him to come in. That storm came in so fast he never even noticed the sky. It went green/yellow/purple in a few minutes. The pond level came up over a foot in about 20 minutes. Fun times.

What about you Grim? You know where Ohio is right? hahaha We really do all need to get together. Some sort of FE extravaganza reunion debauchery tour........thing. Fred wants to resurrect the Michigan Cup. We're still tossing around possibilities.

Monsoon Schmonsoon !! This is how it's done in Arizona ( with cameo appearances by Messers Tucker, Peterson & Proulx)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flMuhSQcNBs
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Sweet video. Love that kind of documentation. Where the real racing happens......in the pits. haha That's another trip on my "must make" list.

Those tents I mentioned were commercial grade circus type tents with 1" steel rods holding them to the ground from rope. The ropes were the only thing holding them down. All the steel framework lifted off the ground and was dangling from the canvas. Hale? That's weather in AZ? We blew the roof off the Walmart ya light weights. haha

Terry I think your poured your own drinks. I may have just helped tip the bottle a little. ah the broke back mountain days at the Michigan cup races. I was never involved with any of your guys crazy stuff. I was always in bed by 7pm.

Be careful what you wish for terry. Just seen some of the LSO spec stuff out at the az race and its got me interested. Wonder if I can even drive a boat anymore.
    seasoned newbie

Pretty quick for cheapy stuff aint they? I'm shocked how much interest we've had in our bone stock SV class. Can't wait to get going with those.

You know you're always welcome at my house if you have the urge to make a MI run. We're working on something for some future races.

What is LSO spec anyway?

sorry Steve I meant P-spec. looks like they have mono, hydro and opc.

Ya with all the brushless stuff out on the market and lipos now I was shocked to hear some of the prices. Damn kids have it so good now a days compared to back in my day. LOL Walking to the pond up hill in 6 feet of snow.. Both Ways...

its nice to not have to 2p packs anymore with the higher C ratings.

Might have to call you Terry for some help and you know your welcome at my place if you want to make a AZ race
    seasoned newbie

Really Steve? We have been talking about and racing it for 3 or 4 years already. Search all the forums. It is all over the place.

I have not stay current at all Howard....is it the AquaCraft, Hitec and Proboat motor? I have 1/10th scale with the Hitec motor. I still like 700 motors, have one that sells for $15 from DeWalt.

Steve I am right there with you. I am not sure what everything is now. I think your right its the rtr motors
    seasoned newbie

My apologies. It would be easier to search SPEC Rules than explain it. Yes to all of the above. Steve 700 Motors are good for drills.

Just for the sake of accuracy, for those wanting to look in the NAMBA rules for class specifications... The class is officially called "P-Limited"... typically abbreviated "P-Ltd"...

Seems to have awaken the interest in racing again, so hopefully that'll continue.
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

Howard, 40 mph is good enough for me...I don't need 70 mph.

Kelly, if there's any confusion just check with Dave. He wrote the rules. Then I submitted them to our club since we had been running exactly what he put on paper for a couple years. Then it went to the district. Then to NAMBA. haha Some things never change.

It's P Limited. Seems to be working okay. It's not prefect still but we're not exactly formula one either. Basically it's 4s power, rtr motors from Aquacraft or Proboat and I think Himodel, and then any ESC. There's a list of 6 motors in the book. Throw that in mono, hydro, offshore, OPC, or crackerbox depending on who runs what in your area. Seems to be a little of everything. There are even some guys putting together some Jersey skiffs on P spec power. It's not for me but the boats are seriously cool. Many of us call it Limited Spec. Hence LSO = Limited Spec Offshore.

The 10th scale rules aren't really P limited. They saddled themselves with just a few lower KV motors. The Blackjack and older SV27 motor I believe. Think they wanted to dodge the constant movement of technology. Not a crime just different. Someone will chime in if I got that wrong. Really only attracts the north westerners. Well....that's not fair. That seems to be only region with a consistently large enough pocket of guys to field heats. There are guys elsewhere too just not large groups like the NW.

Quote Originally Posted by sjslhill View Post
    Howard, 40 mph is good enough for me...I don't need 70 mph.
    Close racing at any speed is fun, right Steve!

However, our P-Limited Hydros are heat racing at 55mph+ so these packages aren't "slow"... I think Brian's P-Limited SAW record speed was a tick over 80... And that was set running his heat-racing boat by simply changing the rudder removing the turn fin.

Come race with us! :D
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

Cool thing about all this P limited stuff is that as far as I can tell there's less gap between setups. You don't typically get a guy that destroys everyone. You still get the guys that can massage a prop until it sings but for the most part everybody has a shot. Makes for some real fun. Getting spanked all the time gets old.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast