Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone know what happened to Paul Pachmayer?

Default Anyone know what happened to Paul Pachmayer?

I know he got out of electrics but all the gas sites seem to be down?
    Licensedtospeed.com &
    Customgasrcboats.com
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

I'm in good contact with Kelly Brooks...do you want Paul's #? He talks to him on occasion.

He's off playing with other toys and business. I talk to him fairly regularly.
    Brian "Snowman" Buaas
    Team Castle Creations
    NAMBA FE Chairman

Yes, boats went the way of do-rags. You can see his new efforts here:

http://www.ParacordPaul.com
    http://www.ParacordPaulsOutPost.com

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Quote Originally Posted by Fluid View Post
    Yes, boats went the way of do-rags. You can see his new efforts here:

http://www.ParacordPaul.com
    http://www.ParacordPaulsOutPost.com

I found that link when I search for his name and couldnt believe it. The man could build a great wooden boat.
    Steven Vaccaro

Some of Pauls builds are still racing around the country too. I've never seen anything he buit that was junk.

He had the fastest stuff out at Batavia too! Of course he still lived up in Antioch back then... man time flies!
    "When too much is just right!"

Hey Guys,

How's things going! I'm still around and running boats. I'm more the sport boater now and got a bit fed up with the politics of racing. Still have a mix of gas and FE boats although I do like running the gas boats more, really because of the size and run time. I had a decision to make early 2009 and quit building boats for a job, it just didn't seem worth it anymore. I started the new business and it took off well, got employees now, go figure. It's nice to know I wasn't completely forgotten, I'd like to think I contributed a little something along the way.

Paul.

Paul,

If any body met you, they sure woun't forget you !!!! How ya Been?

Grumpy Ol' Reed

Hey Paul...good to see you are alive and well! About ready to build me a fast gas...looking at a Redline Motor...made in Missouri. I hear they are sweet.

Darn,
    I thought it might have been a good time to post that pic of you peeing on the pines in MI again! "Has anybody seen me?!?!?!?" LOL

Good to hear from you Paul.

Oh careful with that Alan. There are some incriminating photos of you out there too. hahaha

Fred and I still tell stories about Paul and Larry arguing over who know what over a campfire around midnight in OH. That was the first race I remember seeing Lipo running in quantity.

Paul, you and your boats left a lasting impression on some of us. Some of your positions on various things have stayed with me for years too. The politics (at least in actual racing) has died down quite a bit with me out of the way. haha

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Davis View Post
    Oh careful with that Alan. There are some incriminating photos of you out there too. hahaha
    Howard swears he deleted them.

Memorable Paul moments: Thinking he was running another rigger while his ran into the toilet bowl wall.
    Running his Q off shore and dominating the hell outta an offshore crowd. Which BTW we changed the course for every new heat.
    I did feel really bad for Paul when he came out to a race in OH and the first heat and first turn he hopelessly watched the his hull sink 10 ft from shore and never got it recovered.
    When his manly size broke the drivers stand in MI, nearly dumping us all in the drink! (well I think it was due to Paul)
    He and Dennis singing "Oh Canada" to the tun of "Oh Xmas Tree" while we were in the middle of a Toronto park the club used to run at. Mind you, there were all walks of life in the park at the time.
    Setting me up with my first BIG full size FE mono.
    Building and running one of the first FE 1/8 scales.
    Drinking and BS'ing all nite long after a day of racing.....where has all that time gone??????

Nice to here from you. I still run the Gas Whip you built for me (FE). Still decorating boats with Sharpie pens?

Oh careful with that Alan. There are some incriminating photos of you out there too. hahaha.....................
    I still love this one.... IMG_6323.jpg

Paul, the Drifter S you built for me that set the 2006 NAMBA LSO SAW record is still rippin' around in the hands of a club member (now brushless & lipo). Howdy
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

haha Paul bursting into our room (Dennis Whitt and I) at about 1:00 am and accusing us of spooning. He could not believe we were trying to sleep when we should be working on boats. We could still here his dremel running only a few minutes before that.

Same race he also promised to cut my USA cat in half if I turned in on him again at the offshore pin. He should have sunk it and put me out of my missery with that boat.

Somewhere there's pictures of Alan and Howard hanging around the port potties at the 2010 nationals.

Somewhere there's pictures of Alan and Howard hanging around the port potties at the 2010 nationals.
    Not as bad as it sounds - rumor has it that they were about to call in a pizza order and were told the porta-potties were newly designed all-weather phone booths
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Hey Guys,

Damn, it's good to hear from all you guys. Pretty funny way backs guys, I remember them all. You guys remember that Q twin screw cat I built for Ohio? I still have one of those hulls (BK Bandit M) to build one of these days. As a matter of fact I still have video of those races, I'll try and dig them up and post them.

Paul.

Do you still have that Blue Blaster Paul? Ahhhhh yes, the "good old days" of FE racing. Truly was a lot of fun :)

Glad I checked in.....good to hear from Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Pachmayer View Post
    ...... remember that Q twin screw cat I built for Ohio?
    Totally! Don't remember how it placed but I remember not being able to take my eyes off it when it was on the water. It kinda would drift out of the turns if you stayed on the throttle. SO cool! ..ahhhhhh twin Nemisis 8xl's on gear drives if I remember correctly. I remember stupid stuff. I liked yours so much I bought a carbon baby BK cat. Drifted like crazy too.

That race was the first time I ever saw an SV27 too. Cirves had one. Pete was running all those A123's in scale that he was charging at 12 amps. Psychopath.

I got a note from Newland about something else. He mentioned this one. Don't think he'll care if I share. At the 05 nats Paul had won Crackerbox. Followed by Ed Hughey's grandsons. Somewhere there's a picture of Paul towering over these two little boys. It's the funniest damned picture. Wish I could find it.

The Crackerbox podium and the infamous Ohio Boatcamp bonfire make my top 5 funniest FE moments. But, let's face it. The bonfire wouldn't have been as special if it wasn't for Jacques! How long did we talk about warm up and cool down laps? I think 3 1/2 hours. Paul-the look on your face when you decided to retire to bed is still fresh in my mind. Laughing right now about it.

Actually, that Ohio boatcamp race probably had more influence on FE's future than any other race. Getting to longer racing on a bigger course for starters. Figuring out battery chemestry. Even the twin cat as it relates to twin motor setups. That thing was sick.

I think I said "I'm not doing a burn lap EVER". hahaha

Dave, is that the race where Boyle told us we should just rewrite the whole damned rule book over a plate of lasagna and one or two adult beverages?

I know this started as a where's Waldo...er...Paul thread but honestly I've really enjoyed the flashbacks. Reminds me just how much fun I've had racing with many of you over the years. Even some of the arguements in hind sight are funny. There were a bunch of boat camps over the years too. There were at least 4 camps in Dearborn. Some of those I can even remember. I've trailered to 4 races, motor homed twice, and stayed in cabins 3 times. Had fun every time. Hotels are fun too but staying on site is special.

There's so much more to racing than just what happens on the pins. Well, my version at least. That may be why I rarely win. Too busy having fun. haha Thanks for the fun fellas. Wouldn't trade it for anything.

Speaking of bonfire hi-jinks (sorry to go off track here) but another precious picture from the '08 Nat's in Sacto, where Mr. Newland performs the ritual lipo sacrifice (by driving a ten-penny nail in it) accompanied by the partially pictured Mr. Oxidean who chanted the lyrics of "Smoke On The Water" to the Race Gods while the rest of us, bathed in the warm glow of the lipo fire peed in our pants.

DSC00815.JPG

Ahh, my younger days. Don't try that at home, folks. That smoke that is 22 inches from my face will get you. Wil's staring at that pack like he does the hotties on his jet boat.

Paul, The boys and I were talking about boats and all the mellow yellow cats came up in conversation. thought I would email you to see what was going on and the @fastelectric email and it was bounced back.
    Steven Vaccaro

Screw it. We're all over the place here.

Kelly Brooks cut a bloated overcharged FlightPower pack clean in half with a hatchet in our fire pit. It didn't even ignite. It was a perfect cut like a piece of cheese. So we switched to drywall screws. Wish we had known then how awful that smoke is for......well everything really.

There's another guy that doesn't play boats anymore. We still talk on myface. haha Facebook.

Oh-Terry-yes I think that was the race that Pete said that. He was neck deep in a Sport Hydro committee or something like that. His grey started to come in heavy, so he got out. Or it disbanded.

That Lipo exercise was somewhat for fun, but it was also an educational experience as many at that race had not seen how volatile a LiPo can be. It was Naylor's 5S pack that was involved in a collision. Swollen all to hell and still 90% charged. It was an eye-opener for sure, and I know those that saw it left with a greater appreciation for our power source. Like, don't store them charged in your home or on the workbench!

Quickly thereafter, I got educated myself about how dangerous it can be.

I talked with Kelly this week. He just may CD the WW VIII race on Friday as I don't have Lenny until the weekend.

GOOD! Set the cleats and real that guy back in. I miss his antiks. It's his fault I forgot to add cola to my adult beverage at one of those cup races. He kept saying "you must have spilled your drink again. Here, let me get you another" I soldered NiMh cells with a hammerhead in the dark on a picknic table that night. Kelly set a record with them the next morning.

I could pack up my big Whip and send it down there to make him drive? That should do it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast