Thread: New York: Western New York FE Boaters

Default New York: Western New York FE Boaters

Adding to the list in hope's of a few more members able to find us!
    "If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective"
    45"Speedfreek
    , Fightercat #068 ​, MyYoutube Vids

45"Speedfreek

I wonder if we can get them to add a "Fast Electric" category to the website...I met a lot of people interested in boats a few weeks ago at the Swap Meet hosted by RandLhobbies.com and I think there may be a lot of people out there interested in fast boats.

That would be very cool. WNYRC.com has a forum for boats but hasn't had a post in it for over a year (I was the last!) It's a shame there's not more interest as we live by one of the largest bodies of fresh water in North America!
    45"Speedfreek

I didn't even know WNYRC.com had a boat section! Tony helped me create a link on WNYRC.com, before his major update a year or so ago, to link our flying field www.brookfieldrc.com. I'll have to create another account and reach out to him...maybe we can get the http://www.buffalomodelboat.com/index.html website admin. to link WNYRC.com for added traffic.

Either way, I think we may have several new people this year...me included as I haven't even joined yet. :) I was running boats with a friend last year, which always increases the fun factor, but I fear he may not be available this year. Hopefully we can figure out a certain day of the week or weekend to meet up at Muir Lake or the larger lake just south and do some fun runs.

There was another pond up in Wheatfield, I believe off of N.F. BLVD that a few guys were able to get permission to run at, but I never could get up there to make it. Union Ship Canal is less that a mile from my house so I usually go there. Not very wide, but very long. And deep too! Muir is great for the smaller craft but no roon to go wide open. More turtles as of late too. And Canadian geese. And ducks. Getting popular with the wildlife! Sundays is for the scaler's and the sail'ers. We usually ran on saturday afternoon. There was also some speculation on a pond behind the firetower at Chestnut Ridge Park. Never could get ahold of anyone to set something up. Maybe this is the year? We do need some new members!
    45"Speedfreek

Here's our group page here. https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/group.php?groupid=9

Tell some of the guys interested to join to get it a bit larger and then we can start planing some fun runs locally. I've had some invites to a club in Rochester and they have a big following. Alot of gassers and nitro but still fun to watch! Some big stuff too!
    45"Speedfreek

Hey John. Me and my son John still have our boats but have only run a couple of times the last few years (mainly when we were camping somewhere and they had a lake). We've been busy with him racing RC dirt oval and offroad and I've been flying more lately. Let us know if you guys get something going locally. Talked to Tom a week or so ago and we plan to make it out to Rochester to at least watch a race this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by marko500 View Post
    We've been busy with him racing RC dirt oval and offroad and I've been flying more lately.

You guys go to R and L on industrial dr?
    45"Speedfreek

R&L is becoming our second home. John races dirt oval there on wed evenings, races offroad friday evenings and sometimes sat afternoon, I fly indoors on sunday afternoons, tractor pull and monster truck racing first sat.morning each month and maybe an offroad practice day on mon. or tues evening.

Hey Guys, there will be a big gas race in Rochester in the middle of July. The IMPBA Gas National is being held at Carey Lake. Over 230 boats are registered. Even though I run mostly FE, I will be coming up and running my gas boats. Hope you guys can drop by, say hi and talk FE. You'll make allot of good contacts. It's gonna be a hoot!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Chilli View Post
    Hey Guys, there will be a big gas race in Rochester in the middle of July. It's gonna be a hoot!
    Hope to make it Chilli! Still have yet to make it to a LARGE event!
    45"Speedfreek

You guys should also watch for the CanAm race. It's in Canada but it can't be too far from you.
    Noisy person

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Davis View Post
    You guys should also watch for the CanAm race. It's in Canada but it can't be too far from you.
    Is that the one up in Burlington Terry? I know there is a club close to Wellington as well, but not sure where they run. I was invited last year there as well to run the 45" Speedfreak but never made it as I sold the boat to a fellow up past Windsor, Ont. He races locally in Rochester also. Been wondering how he made out with that hull. Haven't seen a video of it yet.
    45"Speedfreek

This one
    https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...July-26-amp-27

The date this year is in August though. A number of us MI fools are planning to get to that race too.
    Noisy person

Quote Originally Posted by jj2003 View Post
    Hope to make it Chilli! Still have yet to make it to a LARGE event!
    That makes two of us. I tried to make it to the CAN AM last year but the state of NY took three months to send me a cop of my birth certificate so I couldn't get the passport in time. At least I don't have to worry about that this time around...