Thread: PB mystic 29

Default PB mystic 29

Whats up my fellow FE MANIACS!!!!! I just ordered the awesome PB Mystic 29 and cant wait to get it in my hands!!!!! qustion for you guys is, are there any hop ups that I should know about? Is the stainless prop that it comes with up to par or does it need to be switched out for a 3 blade? and any info from you guys is always huge plus!

Thread moved to the proper board
    "A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough."
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

where did you move it to? im new here...

Ready to Run(RTR) Questions & Answers
    -->ProBoat RTR Questions & Answers Board
    ---->**NEW**Proboat Mystic Catamaran Q & A
    ------>PB mystic 29.
    "A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough."
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by robde ul1 View Post
    Whats up my fellow FE MANIACS!!!!! I just ordered the awesome PB Mystic 29 and cant wait to get it in my hands!!!!! qustion for you guys is, are there any hop ups that I should know about? Is the stainless prop that it comes with up to par or does it need to be switched out for a 3 blade? and any info from you guys is always huge plus!
    You're going to love it! The stock prop is a Prather 215 clone, and is excellent. I sharpened, balanced and polished mine, and also picked up an Octura x640 and x642 to experiment with. I ran mine in stock condition all summer with no problems, but I recently replaced the ESC with a SeaKing 120A unit and have a larger motor on order.

One thing you'll need to do right away is reinforce the battery trays by adding some epoxy to the glue joints on both edges. Mine pulled loose on the first outing. Both my buddies that purchased Mystics had the same trouble, sooner or later. I'd also recommend re-soldering the motor-to-ESC bullets (might as well swap them out for 5.5mm while you're at it). When I did replace the bullets on my motor leads when I was installing my new ESC, I found the solder joints to be dull gray and crystalline looking; like cold joints. I never had any trouble, though....

Good luck with your new boat! Boating season is over for me here in upstate NY, although I did get in three runs on New Years Day (and smashed into the dock). Mine will be getting a blueprinted hull and a new paint job this winter when I have it in drydock to repair the hull damage.

Take it easy,
    desmobob

thanks for the advise bud! what part of ny you from? my best friend/Brother lives in New Berlin...

Quote Originally Posted by robde ul1 View Post
    thanks for the advise bud! what part of ny you from? my best friend/Brother lives in New Berlin...
    I'm about 150 miles northeast of there....

Take it easy,
    desmobob

nice