Thread: supervee 27 fast sucker =)

Default supervee 27 fast sucker =)

Hello i have supervee 27. Spec R?? =))

I have the turnigy 180amp esc + leopard 4074 2000kv in it it ran 95kmph with 6cell lipo and x437 prop amp draw was then 126amps+. The stock 150 flex kept braking.

New mods: 187" flex / driveline. new strut.

The flex is now strong enough for much power.

I didnt like the 2000kv setup because x437 is too small prop. Boat little slow on plane and bad acccelereation out of corners. I could use 5cell and bigger prop but i want power and volt*amps = watts and too get same watts at 5 cell i would need 150amps which will give me very bad runtimes. And hot batteries. 100amp draw out of a 5000mah pack gives about 3minutes runtime so.. who wants only half of that and batteries becomes very hot too if you have amps at 150amps. Maybe 150amps will work whit 2 sets if batteries in paralell but that is not possible in a supervee. Well 150amps will work on a single pack too but it will get pretty hot and bad runtime, think these setups is more a dragrace/top speed setup.

any opinions?

from my experience 130amps through a turnigy 45c 4000mah is making the pack pretty hot.
    I think max 100amps is more ok for a sport boat racer. (not drag) Then packs wont get hot and runtime is good. Too get the same power at 100amps as a 130amp draw setup you need more volts and you need less kv if you want too be able too swing a bigger prop.

So.. i had a leopard 4074 1400kv laying around it draws about 65amps in a supervee 27 at 6cell lipo and x642 prop.. thats not going too move it thats only 1440watts / 75kmph.. too slow.. only thing too do is bigger prop... but.. tried x645 and it gave the boat unstable chainwalk...
    Another friend did a job on a x646/3 he cut it down too 40mm it gave his supervee with same setup 87kmph not bad and no unstability.. But that was a hell of a job making that prop.. the thing is when you cut down a 46mm prop too 40mm you get much more pitch than a stock 40mm.. Maybe i will try too do this prop cutting later on too get a more pitchy 40mm-42mm prop loading the 1400kv 100amps @ 6s...

Anyway:
    I knew my supervee was stable at 6cell lipo with the x642 but thats 75kph/31000rpm only, so i thought.. what the heck lets try 7cell lipo on the turnigy marine 180amp esc (2-6cell lipo esc). I disconnectet the esc BEC red wire and used a receiver pack instead. I knew the leopard 4074 1400kv handles 7cell lipo with ease.

At first the esc would not start but i programmed no lipo cutoff voltage. And after that it works on 7cell lipo. I just have too stop before pack go too low in voltage (3volt/cell)

And down too the lake i went. I ran a x442 detounge prop.

Its freaking amazing.

Was a bit choppy so i couldnt give full throttle at any time.
    But i tried a fast full accelereting for half a second and the thing was wheeleing like crazy!! insane!

Ran 3sets 7cell 5000mah packs through it no heat in esc/caps batts connectors or motor!

The esc still works! on 7cell!! turnigy 180amp marine 2-6s

Will try it more.. maybe x642 prop also then i should see 100kmph+ according too speed calc No heat means no stress on system.. and the extra battery weight in a supervee is a good thing when speed picks up. The batts are cold in this 1400kv 7s system and was hot on the 2000kv 6s 126amp draw system...

I put the receiver pack on the same side as 3 cell pack then the boat was in balance. (whith the 4cell on the other side.

With the right prop on 7 cell i will pull 100amps 26volts = 2600watts thats just what the leopard 4074 is specified at.. At 100amps i will get decent runtime, and i think 2600watts / 36200rpm will move this boat =)) The leopard 4074 1400kv @ 7 cell lipo in my deltaforce 33 gave amp draw 100amps with same x442 detounge prop. I think the supervee 27 has less drag so i guess x642 detounge should be ok too.

=))
    Last edited by fastblack; 01-07-2012 at 08:17 AM.

i guess the leopard 4074 1800kv is a better motor for fast 6s setup in a supervee 27 with x440 deounge prop. Maybe x442..

Anything smaller than 40mm prop in a supervee 27 is not good i think..

Glad you're enjoying the boat. I have two of them that are probably running as fast as I would want them on 4s (2 - 2s 500 mah Zippy packs) with the stock set ups and a third with a UL-1 motor and T-120 ESC. The only difference between the first two and the last is that there isn even a hint of a heat problem with the UL-1 set up. Lots of great dposts in the supervee section of this forum. It seems though that this hulls is taxed to the limit at 80 KM/H so if a much faster set up is what you are after you may consider putting the extra expense into a hull designed for that purpose.

Great hobby. . . extremely addictive. :)
    A dream not pursued is not worth holding.
    Aquacraft SV27 x 4, Proboat Mini-V, Redtail Kneeler Hydro, JAE21, ML GP335

hello
    i know people say maximum 80km/h but thats just bull.

When my supervee ran 95kmph/ gps it was rock stable! like an arrow no shaking or anything.

My other mates supervee does 90kmph @ 6cell and it is also like driving on rails!!

I think this boat will take alot more top speed.

But @ 95kmh i could see the sun actualy under the hull only prop was touching water..

So i guess the extra weight of 7 cell lipo and 2000mah receiver pack will be a +

The faster speed the more lift under the hull..

I have a deltaforce 33 with leopard 4082 1000kv @ 10cell lipo x645 detounge hydra 120amp HV esc it goes 110kmph.
    But i will say im impressed by the little supervee!! its like an arrow at high speeds..

The deltaforce can handle more waves but i think its more likely too get chainwalking (unstable) than supervee..

The deltaforce 33 has speed records at 130kmph so its not a bad boat though

swap the ul1 motor out for a leopard 4074 1800kv and put in a x440 detounge prop run 6s and let me know the top speed? guess 100kmh+ =)

if batteries and everything cold try x640

if you do be shure too use the upgraded sv 27 flex cable sold here on ose. stock will brake. also 40c + batteries

THE BOAT IS ROCK STABLE

SETUP

Leopard 4074 1400kv alu waterjacket

Turnigy 180a marine 2-6s lipo esc red wire (bec) removed

7 cell rhino 4900mah 25c. (4s + 3s series)

2200mah 4.8v receiver pack (on 3s side of hull)

x442 detounge prop sharpened balanced

187" hughey flex drive (187 strut)

Trimtabs a tad down

Strut flat with bottomn

CG 33% from rear.

Top speed 95kmph gps

Batteries and esc motor connectors cold!

Will try x642 soon =))

Have run about 30 packs 7cell through the turnigy 180amp marine esc it should take 6cell max but its no problems runnin 7cell!!

I bet your 180a ESC is still working on 7s is because "i couldnt give full throttle at any time."
    NEED PARALLEL CONNECTORS?? QUALITY 5.5MM, 8MM, 8 AND 10 AWG, GET THEM HERE: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...est!&highlight=

haha i run speedruns on flat water i have full throttle all the time on the straights..

I don't think the Supervee hull will survive crashes at that speed unless you've done some serious CF reinforcement. Just sayin'
    Last edited by Goonboy2; 01-15-2012 at 10:35 AM.
    Hammer rescue boat on 2S, Supervee on 4S, Rico 31 under construction on 6S
    HO train on DC power, Nirvana II on wind power, antique phonographs on wind-up power

well i have had a couple of crashes at that speed hull is just fine.. but the wooden rails/motormount came loose i have fixed it with epoxy and some more wood as reinforcement so it wont come loose.. i have had a crash after the reinforcement and nothing came loose =)

Don't get me wrong, I don't wish misfortune on anyone. But by our nature we tend to race our boats "on the edge", at any time just a split second from disaster.
    Last edited by Goonboy2; 01-15-2012 at 01:41 PM.
    HO train on DC power, Nirvana II on wind power, antique phonographs on wind-up power

ran the x642 detounge today its insane fast, everything cold.

the boat ran rock stable its no problem at all at full speed its about as fast as the 2000kv and 6s with 37mm prop i would say 95kmph.

i guess 8 cell will be next... but i need a hv esc then..

guess 36200rpm on 7cell is not enough for over 100kmph..

Amazing ! When are you going to post a video?

dont know the x642 was a bit quicker

will use a x645 now that is detounged and cut down too 43mm...

it has even more pitch than x642

7 cell not enough rpm

so i put in hydra HV 120a esc. 8cell lipo. x642 leo 4074 1400kv 41440rpm unloaded.

Now the thing move =))))

oh my god 8cell 4000mah 25c-50c nanotech 112kmph gps the thing is sick
    x642 detounge prop

You haven't said anything about the rudder - is it still stock? If not, what are you using?
    You are trying things with your SV that the rest of us have only thought about.

stock rudder epoxyed holes for waterintake. im using waterintake as in supervee 27r

Default supervee crash

Quote Originally Posted by Goonboy2 View Post
    I don't think the Supervee hull will survive crashes at that speed unless you've done some serious CF reinforcement. Just sayin'
    Hello there;
    I just finished ready your comments on the supervee.I have one myself and last year I was running it on a pond near my place.Some guy was on the other side and when I noticed him putting something in the water.All of a sudden I had no control over my boat.All I could do is close my eyes and hope for the best.It was heading straight for the dock and I turned and looked the other way,then BANG! I looked at the wife and asked her is the boat still floating.She told me it was,and that shocked me.When I lifted it out of the water there was lots of things broken on the inside and there was a crack along the side for 10 inches.So I had to rebuild it.But that tells you what kind of abuse it can take.I did find out that the guy on the other side was on the same frequency that I was on.He took off so fast I could not catch him.I know when I take my boats out and there is someone there running there boats I ask what frequency they are on.To avoid problems like I had,check with the other rc's and make sure you's are on different frequencies.
    My new project is twinning the Genesis boat.Almost done,just waiting for two parts and the batteries.

you need to get a 2.4 tactic them you won't have any radio issues

Tone

Default supervee

Quote Originally Posted by makin' waves View Post
    you need to get a 2.4 tactic them you won't have any radio issues

Tone
    Hello;
    I have been changing tx and rx to 2.4 just have to get two more and I am all set.