Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Turnigy 4s 40c 5000

well ive had 7 Turnigy packs, and no issues with any of them at all

I really think you should spend 2 minutes and put in "Charge Lipo at High C 2011" into google and check out some of the sites.
    Its really rare to find anyone who has had issues with their batteries if they are using lower C ratings...

Quote Originally Posted by iamandrew View Post
    Dood i think your information is wrong, i really think you should charge at 2 amps and see if you ever have any problems again

what are you trying to charge them with? because your looking at more than 100W of draw
    My information is right. The battery states 2c on the back. Simple math. 1c - 5000mah= 5amps 2c-5000mah=10amps 7amps is fine.
    Everything that has a beginning, has an End

Heres more simple math
    How Many dead packs have you had?

me = 0
    Last edited by iamandrew; 01-09-2012 at 07:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by iamandrew View Post
    Heres more simple math
    How Many dead packs have you had?

me = 0
    I have only had a bad balance lead. 0 faulty or dead packs.

Simple, if they arrive ok they will probably be ok, the problem is the number that show up DOA and HK doesn't really like doing much about it. Thats what this thread started as, packs arriving DOA.
    I won't buy more, no QC and poor customer service. Other things I will buy from there that are pretty hard for them to screw up. Just not anything electronic for me. With the economy I just can't take the chance of losing out on a pack or lack of warranty on an esc. I'll buy from people who will stand behind their product even if it costs me a couple more bucks upfront. Usually cheaper in the long run anyway.
    RClipos went out of their way to order me a single pack from Korea to match one they no longer stocked. Try that with HK! Customer service wins out for me every time.
    If my boats upside down then who owns the one I thought I was driving the last two laps?

As expected the saga continues with HK. Rachel wants another picture of dimple in the puffed battery. I already sent pictures and cell readings. I am in for the long haul, a benefit of being retired I assume. BG

Your request (#149999) has been updated.

To review the status of the request and add additional comments, please visit www.HobbyKing.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rachel, Jan-09 16:03 (HKT):
    Hi BRIAN ,
    Thanks for contacting the HobbyKing Support Team.

We are sorry to learn that one battery is puffed from your order#2003736715.

Please provide photos to show the shape of battery (please push a finger on the front side of the puffed battery to show the "balloon" effects),

We will then pass to warranty department for review and advice.

Thanks for emailing support.
    If you have any other questions, please let me know.
    Regards.
    Rachel
    HobbyKing Support Team
    Dont forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook for discounts and promotions!
    www.facebook.com/hobbykinglive
    www.twitter.com/hobbykinglive

Yep, me too. Spend a little more time paying attention on the site! Brian, let us know how the Haiyins work out for you! I have one of the 4S 5000 40C's on order too but I will be testing it in an airplane. Not nearly the challenge for the battery as a boat would be.

Quote Originally Posted by ENCORE MAN View Post
    Not quite true, I have ordered 4s 5000 40c batteries from Haiyin for 56 dollars each....BG
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

HK is like the HMO's, I think they pride themselves and probably pay a bonus to anyone denying a claim. You want cheap? You take your chances. Personally, I'd rather pay more and not wonder if the pack will arrive in working order or not puff, or not explode, or not last only a few cycles, etc. The new Haiyin batteries may be the answer. Too early to tell.

As expected the saga continues with HK. Rachel wants another picture of dimple in the puffed battery. I already sent pictures and cell readings. I am in for the long haul, a benefit of being retired I assume. BG

Your request (#149999) has been updated.

To review the status of the request and add additional comments, please visit www.HobbyKing.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rachel, Jan-09 16:03 (HKT):
    Hi BRIAN ,

We are sorry to learn that one battery is puffed from your order#2003736715.

Please provide photos to show the shape of battery (please push a finger on the front side of the puffed battery to show the "balloon" effects),

We will then pass to warranty department for review and advice.

Thanks for emailing support.
    If you have any other questions, please let me know.
    Regards.
    Rachel
    HobbyKing Support Team
    Dont forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook for discounts and promotions!
    www.facebook.com/hobbykinglive
    www.twitter.com/hobbykinglive
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

My 8 4s 4000mah 30-40C packs came in today. One has a bad cell but no puffs.
    Contacted HK, hopefully get it resolved by the end of the week

Quote Originally Posted by Gimp View Post
    My 8 4s 4000mah 30-40C packs came in today. One has a bad cell but no puffs.
    Contacted HK, hopefully get it resolved by the end of the week
    I wouldn't hold your breath. I contacted HK about mine on sat and still haven't heard anything. I'm not going to pursue it because I'm not prepared to send a puffed pack back to china from the UK. Imagine if it decided to go bang on a plane!

I put it on the charger real quick and the voltage jumped to 2.97 (from 1.67) in a matter of seconds. Do I take the chance and try charging it?

Quote Originally Posted by Gimp View Post
    I put it on the charger real quick and the voltage jumped to 2.97 (from 1.67) in a matter of seconds. Do I take the chance and try charging it?
    I have a 1xTurnigy pack 4s 5000mah 30-40c ran 6 times always worked great but I think it could do with a new balance plug, seems to come on and off the pins too easy. Always balanced charged and stored. Anyone in the UK after a pack that definitely works? Gimp, I would try to balance charge it, sometimes better done at low amps.

Edit-Nothing wrong with the balance plug. Its my 4s charge board....
    Last edited by Drax21; 01-10-2012 at 04:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drax21 View Post
    I have a 1xTurnigy pack 4s 5000mah 30-40c ran 6 times always worked great but I think it could do with a new balance plug, seems to come on and off the pins too easy. Always balanced charged and stored. Anyone in the UK after a pack that definitely works? Gimp, I would try to balance charge it, sometimes better done at low amps.
    Will do, I think that's what I did for a few seconds. I'll give it a try and monitor it for the next few days to see if it drops any.

Quote Originally Posted by Drax21 View Post
    You have PM!

Just put it on balance charge mode and it was up to 3.20v in a few seconds. I have a feeling the cell may have just been shorted during assembly (read online that they put these packs together so fast that they occasionally short a cell).

I'll see how it holds up for the next few days.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattwarner View Post
    You have PM!
    PM replied.

So do you think that somewhere in the shipping of these they went by plane and maybe the air pressure made the pack puff?
    Just a thought
    "Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone except God.
    Billy Graham

one would assume they are flown.

for my own sanity check, using an imax B5, what is the recommended charging rate for say 5000mah 30c cells? Ive always charged them (and other lipos) just under the mah, so the 5000mah get charged at 4.8amps, is that totally wrong?

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sailr View Post
    Yep, me too. Spend a little more time paying attention on the site! Brian, let us know how the Haiyins work out for you! I have one of the 4S 5000 40C's on order too but I will be testing it in an airplane. Not nearly the challenge for the battery as a boat would be.
    Haiyins arrived today, five days after ordering. They look perfect. Every single cell was at 3.84 volts........I will keep you informed BG

Quote Originally Posted by pmdevlin View Post
    for my own sanity check, using an imax B5, what is the recommended charging rate for say 5000mah 30c cells? Ive always charged them (and other lipos) just under the mah, so the 5000mah get charged at 4.8amps, is that totally wrong?

thanks
    The Turnigy batteries can be charged at 2c. Which is 10amps. 1c and lower is recommended to keep the cells better balanced but if you are ever in a hurry and you have a 10amp charger that would also be fine but cell balance may be a little out.

Haiyins arrived today, five days after ordering. They look perfect. Every single cell was at 3.84 volts........I will keep you informed BG
    That is good new Brian. See if you can win a few races with them!

Hate reading these horror stories! I have 2 Turnigy 2S 40c 5000mah lipos that will be at my door today that i ordered from Kintec earlier this week. This is my first jump into the lipo game, i plan to buy at least one more set of 2S's and probably 1 3S pack. A couple guy's at my work run Turnigy's from HK religiously in their race trucks, they swear by them, which is partly why i bought them. I dunno, i guess i'll see if mine show up OK or not!

I too received my Haiyin packs a few days ago. Very impressive. They are very well made with nicely squared edges and very compact shrink wrapping. I haven't had a chance to use yet but they arrived fully balanced in storage mode at 3.84V per cell.

Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Who sells the Haiyin's?
    "Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone except God.
    Billy Graham

HK has replied and wants me to pay for return shipping. BG

Message flagged

Saturday, January 14, 2012 8:25:28 AM

Message body

Rachel, I see you have requested I return this defective battery and PAY FOR SHIPPING.. I find your policy in this matter to be quite unfair. I am a platinum member and should have some credibility with your company. I have proved with out a shadow of doubt by picture evidence sent to you that your product purchased by me was clearly defective. By reading many reports on the internet, I have concluded your firm has sent many defective batteries to your loyal customers in the past few weeks. I wish you would encourage your superiors to reconsider this insane return policy for defective batteries. Tower Hobbies could be your model in dealing with these situations. Tower , unlike your firm, does not even ask for photo evidence to prove merchandise to be defective where a gold member (platinum to you) request a replacement. I have no interest in defrauding HK, I just want to be treated fairly. I have proved the battery to be defective and urge you to send a relpacement. Please reply. Thanks in advance, Brian Giardelli.

From: Rachel <notifications-support@hobbyking.zendesk.com>
    To: BRIAN <giardellib@yahoo.com>
    Sent: Tuesday, January 10, 2012 9:35:09 PM
    Subject: [HobbyKing Support Centre] Re: CL-Defective TURNIGY 4S 5000 40C BATTERY 2003736715

## Please do not write below this line ##

Ticket #149999: CL-Defective TURNIGY 4S 5000 40C BATTERY 2003736715

Your request (#149999) has been deemed solved.

HK has replied and wants me to pay for return shipping. BG

Message flagged

Saturday, January 14, 2012 8:25:28 AM

Message body

Rachel, I see you have requested I return this defective battery and PAY FOR SHIPPING.. I find your policy in this matter to be quite unfair. I am a platinum member and should have some credibility with your company. I have proved with out a shadow of doubt by picture evidence sent to you that your product purchased by me was clearly defective. By reading many reports on the internet, I have concluded your firm has sent many defective batteries to your loyal customers in the past few weeks. I wish you would encourage your superiors to reconsider this insane return policy for defective batteries. Tower Hobbies could be your model in dealing with these situations. Tower , unlike your firm, does not even ask for photo evidence to prove merchandise to be defective where a gold member (platinum to you) request a replacement. I have no interest in defrauding HK, I just want to be treated fairly. I have proved the battery to be defective and urge you to send a relpacement. Please reply. Thanks in advance, Brian Giardelli.

Sent: Tuesday, January 10, 2012 9:35:09 PM
    Subject: [HobbyKing Support Centre] Re: CL-Defective TURNIGY 4S 5000 40C BATTERY 2003736715

Ticket #149999: CL-Defective TURNIGY 4S 5000 40C BATTERY 2003736715

I liked that reply Brian, well thought out. What I don't get is when the deem your case solved.... They haven't sent you a new one so it's not solved.....

I have recently tested Winmax batteries. I'm getting very low resistance, cells balancing perfectly after 3 cycles, MAH seems lower than stated but that is the only bad point I have on these batteries. They have better quality balance wires and pack gives slightly better performance than a similar turnigy battery.

ENCORE MAN
    Good luck with morons from Hobby King!!!
    Hopefully they will help you.
    I am trying to get my esc back as warranty replacement for over 2 years.
    They are out of their mind, scammers simply put.
    Shipping out, if in stoc, is the only process they are aware of... and some of them can say few words in english...
    ONE Dola, One dola....
    DJI Drone Pilot
    Canada

The final chapter, Rachel at HK has credited my account $49.99 and I do not have to return the battery this time (only). HALLELUIA, a victory for the small guy. BG

body

Thank you Rachel, you are the greatest. BG

Sent: Tuesday, January 17, 2012 2:57:17 AM
    Subject: [HobbyKing Support Centre] Re: Z-CL-Defective TURNIGY 4S 5000 40C BATTERY 2003736715

Ticket #149999: Z-CL-Defective TURNIGY 4S 5000 40C BATTERY 2003736715

To review, comment and reopen the request, please visit www.HobbyKing.com

Rachel, Jan-17 15:57 (HKT):
    Hi Brian,

We understand your concern, please kindly note that we advise customer to send back the item, hence we have to take the battery to our supplier to claim for the replacement for you. We consider that you are a royal customer of us, we would like to make an exception and credit the item cost $49.99 to your hobbyking account. Please kindly check your bonus points for updates later.

In the future, you are kindly advised to follow

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast