Thread: Any HPI Baja fans?

Default Any HPI Baja fans?

I've had four HPI Bajas in the past year and I'm down to one. It's my 5B 2.0. I bought her new in March.

Here's how she started...

Light bashing...

Street...

Here's what she looks like, now. I call her Predator...

I just realized this was the, "Anything electric," section. FAIL... I thought it was anything RC, lol.

I think its cool anyways

Quote Originally Posted by antslake View Post
    I think its cool anyways
    Thanks!!!

Heck yes! Nice Baja's ya got there. I currently have a 5t (esp 30.5 full mod flowsystems pipe) and a 5b 2.0 (CPI bb pipe-gbe sb)..I love my bajas!! They have been sitting for a couple months cuz Ive been tearing up the ponds..Im gonna get them out soon though..

Heres the General...

and the 2.0 ....

I love these 5th scale cars!
    mine has a GP290 motor with a DDM pipe
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Looking good. Here's a few more I've sold...

I would like to try my hands at a brushless conversion for mine...
    may be one of those $72 Turnigy 5692 1000kv motors on 6s
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Quote Originally Posted by Brushless55 View Post
    I would like to try my hands at a brushless conversion for mine...
    may be one of those $72 Turnigy 5692 1000kv motors on 6s
    All of the 6s set ups, I've seen, have been slow. Anything more powerful, normally fails. There's a couple companies coming out with conversions for the Losi 5ive T. I hope they hold up.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluxn81 View Post
    All of the 6s set ups, I've seen, have been slow. Anything more powerful, normally fails. There's a couple companies coming out with conversions for the Losi 5ive T. I hope they hold up.
    that setup would be about the same speed as the Castle 2028 motor on 8s (45mph + depending on gearing, 55-65mph very possible)
    Just only about $500 cheaper not to mention the batteries are less to

and the new Losi!

I dont care for the brushless conversions..Theres nothing like the sound of a 30.5 paired with a Flowsystems pipe..Damn that sounds good! Reminds me of the old motocross days..Sounds just like a 125cc motocross bike..

I think that's a big part. Especially, with the new OBR/TR engine and MR clutch, electric seems like a waste.

Quote Originally Posted by pyroM!KE View Post
    I dont care for the brushless conversions..Theres nothing like the sound of a 30.5 paired with a Flowsystems pipe..Damn that sounds good! Reminds me of the old motocross days..Sounds just like a 125cc motocross bike..
    I would like to try one of those pipes!

I think that's a big part. Especially, with the new OBR/TR engine and MR clutch, electric seems like a waste.
    to some gas is a waste.. depends on where you can run them.. around here there isnt many places I can anymore..
    I like Nitro, Gas, and Brushless!
    1st place goes to Gas cuz its so dang easy tuning

i would never have got one of the flowsystems pipes but I got one on the HBF forums for 170 used and it was brand new condition!! There like almost 300 new..Ive owned nearly all the aftermarket pipes..The Rear dom V2, Cpi BB, and GBE pipes are some of my favorites..But the Flowsystems takes the cake..Its constantly on the pipe in every RPM range..It revs pretty good too (but not like a Victory Pro)..The Victory pipes are great too but they are powerband specific..Either all top or all mid or all bottom..The Flowsystems is perfect for me..I can bash it (its well protected) and I can race with it (the powerband is just perfect, almost electric like)..All this talk and I will probably be getting my General Lee out tommorow

I would like to try one of those pipes!

to some gas is a waste.. depends on where you can run them.. around here there isnt many places I can anymore..
    I like Nitro, Gas, and Brushless!
    1st place goes to Gas cuz its so dang easy tuning
    They all have they pros and cons. Gas is my favorite, but it's tough when you're trying to reach high speeds and 1/5 ain't cheap, lol.

They all have they pros and cons. Gas is my favorite, but it's tough when you're trying to reach high speeds and 1/5 ain't cheap, lol.
    No joke about the $$$$...These FE boats are money pits too..I just spent 800+ on my CyberStorm build..Im currently building a Mini rigger for under 200 and there supposed to be great fun.Well see..

On the speed part, I would put in a SkunkWorks 2 speed and a 30.5 full mod for 55 mph +...But Thats where you saying $$$$$..Youll spend 1000$ on just the engine clutch and SW 2speed kit.. For me, my 5T with my ESP and pipe, 45mph is good enough for me..These 1/5th scaler's are HEAVY and can do some damage!!

No joke about the $$$$...These FE boats are money pits too..I just spent 800+ on my CyberStorm build..Im currently building a Mini rigger for under 200 and there supposed to be great fun.Well see..

On the speed part, I would put in a SkunkWorks 2 speed and a 30.5 full mod for 55 mph +...But Thats where you saying $$$$$..Youll spend 1000$ on just the engine clutch and SW 2speed kit.. For me, my 5T with my ESP and pipe, 45mph is good enough for me..These 1/5th scaler's are HEAVY and can do some damage!!
    I'll be getting the 2spd this for my build later this year...

http://www.oneillbrothers.com/8-2hp-...se-engine.html

http://largescalenews.com/2012/01/mm...m-coming-soon/

i would never have got one of the flowsystems pipes but I got one on the HBF forums for 170 used and it was brand new condition!! There like almost 300 new..Ive owned nearly all the aftermarket pipes..The Rear dom V2, Cpi BB, and GBE pipes are some of my favorites..But the Flowsystems takes the cake..Its constantly on the pipe in every RPM range..It revs pretty good too (but not like a Victory Pro)..The Victory pipes are great too but they are powerband specific..Either all top or all mid or all bottom..The Flowsystems is perfect for me..I can bash it (its well protected) and I can race with it (the powerband is just perfect, almost electric like)..All this talk and I will probably be getting my General Lee out tommorow
    do you have a link to this pipe you like?
    and back to the brusless stuff, I would like to get a 5th scale roller and do one of these cheap priced Turnigy 5692 motors and see just how fast I can make one and be very reliable...
    6s motor should net mid 50's
    8s motor should net mid to upper 60's
    I'm thinking...

do you have a link to this pipe you like?
    and back to the brusless stuff, I would like to get a 5th scale roller and do one of these cheap priced Turnigy 5692 motors and see just how fast I can make one and be very reliable...
    6s motor should net mid 50's
    8s motor should net mid to upper 60's
    I'm thinking...
    http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl/c.88...t.A/id.8554/.f

Love them Baja is race prepped TS 30.5, FG MT is 2speed and runs nitrous, search utube nitrous rc and you'll see it with the test body.. Hope photo's work this time. Having trouble with moving photo's from photo bucket?

Couldn't even guess how much i've spent.....lol

Baja 5 b are my favorite buggy/truck of all times I had 3 5b's and 2 5t's I never thought about converting them to electric as they are what they are cause of the gas it is great as you can go out for the day with a gallon of gas instead of 20 lipos. There is nothing like the sound of that thing ripping it up plus the good smell. IMO gas in the Baja is just more reliable and can handle more punishment as I have seen many friends have problems with brushless setups. By the way guys your baja's look good very cool I will upload some photos of mine later.Thanks chris gChris g

I will try to get pics up later I forgot all about this thread

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisg81983 View Post
    I will try to get pics up later I forgot all about this thread
    Cool... I bumped it for another member, too.