Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: swordfish 200a esc "yyyy" parameter settings

Shouldn't the motor at least give the two power beeps at this point? Nata I have a copy of the programmer card settings, what ya thinking?

Yes you should get beeps from the motor soon and you connect power. Any reason you want to update software? If you pre-set everything including cell count you shouldn't have any problems. You could have a defect ESC?
    Visit www.customcfparts.com | Custom Boat Building | Custom Carbon Fiber Parts | Custom Graphics | LMT Premium Dealer | MGM Premium Dealer | YouTube | Facebook
    "Follow someone's footsteps and you will always be a step behind"

Nata The firmware problem that many have/had with the sf controllers the only way I could fix it was to reinstall the firmware using the USB link but I am not sure what the true problem is. the thread title is yyyy parameter settings withch is related to a firmware issue you will get no motor beeps when you have this problem

Hi guy's, the problem was with a faulty usb adapter. When I connected the speedy, the usb adapter erased the firmware off the speedy. I purchased a new usb adapter, downloaded the software from steve and installed it Now it's all good, well that was until I let the smoke out anyway but that's another story. Hope this helps, Gus

Thats bad!! smoke is no good "easy on the big props". I stay away from the USB connector as I hear it can do alot of damage. I didnt bother to update firmware in the first place as I had no problems. I think its a comon thing to want new firmware all the time, but hey if its working why touch it, just my 5c. (I am now forced to update my firmware because of my 2 pole lehners)
    Visit www.customcfparts.com | Custom Boat Building | Custom Carbon Fiber Parts | Custom Graphics | LMT Premium Dealer | MGM Premium Dealer | YouTube | Facebook

sorry guys if i should have started a new thread just seen someone else having a problem with one of these and decided to chime in.

THe prop is a x440/3. All I changed is the motor. Went from a 8xl 2200kv i believe, to a leopard 3665 2100 kv. Fried in about 2 minutes. Still plenty of water flow so I a not sure of the issue, i will try smaller prop on my next outing

Maybe try 2 blades before working on 3 blades. 3665 is a small motor. 200 is max but you can easy pull that if you overload the motor, no amount of cooling will help you there. Did you run on 6s? If yes that's a lot of rpm as well. 38-40 2 blade prop I would recommend for that. 4070 motor might have pulled that prop at way less amps.

On a side note, no one likes recommending props, for the fact that every hulls behavior is different, and can put more or less stress on the equipment. Everyone will tell you as a safe start to use an under sized prop and work up. In the end you will have a collection of props you can use to test any new setup.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12