Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: swordfish 200a esc "yyyy" parameter settings

Unhappy swordfish 200a esc "yyyy" parameter settings

I got one of these swordish 200a speedy's with a cat i just brought 2nd hand and I got an error message on it when trying to program, "cant hardware yyyy parameter's". After pretty well giving up on it, purchased another new in Oz, turn's up today so I uninstall all the old software, install all the new software, and what do you know.....same damn error message ..I even picked up the lcd program box hoping this may work,not. Is this common problem or am I just one of the lucky one's. I have had my boat now since before xmas and I just want to give this thing a flogging. I just hope it's not a sign from above telling me to go nitro

Just searching around on ose and found a vid of my boat racing, cool. Pity for the time being this is as close as I am going to get to going for a run. If you can't laugh what can you do. My new boat is the white cat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17kTVJLLAe0

I think about a week ago there was a post with the same issues, didn't follow the thread as I don't have this esc but you might want to go back a week or so and see if they found a solution.
    If my boats upside down then who owns the one I thought I was driving the last two laps?

Yes mate, that was me. I just purchased another one in Oz and I have the exact same problem with the new esc. But at least this new speedy has warranty. Just the time it's going to take before i get it back again. I wanted to buy, yes, yet another speedy but the missus tells me NO, YOU ALREADY HAVE 2 NEW ONES' GET THEM SORTED!. So I guess I just have to wait. I think she is still a little cranky because i got myself a new revo without discussing it first, but I figure it's easier to ask for forgiveness rather than ask for permission

Hope you sorted the problem I have 4 of them. It's important that if you use 4s or 6s you have to program the esc for that woltage don't auto detect.

Thanks for that info nata, i cant program them at all via the card or usb. I can do it manually with the beeps but I don't know what is what so I am just winging it. So I can run the boat but only for short periods as I am worried I may over discharge the lipo's and do some real damage. Pity, I have 2 of these speedy's and both the same problem. I am running 4s at the moment

I gave up on my Swordfish 200amp, all too hard!! Go Sea King 180, easy to programme and works a treat. You might have to convince the missus you will go stircrazy if you don't!

Have u got the little card with the switches or the box? The box is much better it took me a while at first but when you get use to it it's very easy.

I have the box and 2 x 180's

Can you get the box to see the esc? Lights come on and showing sf200a?

The instructions are downloadable here.They are under the ESC in the store

I have the box Nata, just comes up para setting and restore default, try to scroll through and it's just blank. Srislash, i have got all the instructions, but the only hope I have programming is via the beeps, and that isn't covered in the instuctions so I don't really know what I am doing mate. And Marine, those esc's you are talking about I am going to invest in mate, because I am already going stir crazy buddy. I am just really lucky there is a bloke up here on the sunny coast who has gone above and beyond to help me get it on the water, so I am looking forward to cracking a few jackie d's with him because if it wasn't for him, it would still be sitting on the shelf.

Have you tried changing the polarity on the cable into the box? It has to come up with the green light saying swordfish 200a with arrow pointing left ?

Oh use the first port on the box
    And hook up battery to esc only

I have the same problem did u figure it out

No I didn't chris mate, i have tried everything. I did get the speedy working but I am not sure how to program through the motor beeps. So I am extremely cautious when using it as I don't want to over discharge the lipo's. Sorry to give you the bad news buddy

No light in the box?

I am going to try to manual program it wit transmitter all my other swordfish esc are great and program very easily if u need the beep sequences for manual programing let me know I will email it to uThanks Chris G

This is how it should be connected, and what the box is showing. If connected like this and it dont work, you should send it back for repair.

Swordfish 200A Program.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by galant2door View Post
    I have the box Nata, just comes up para setting and restore default, try to scroll through and it's just blank. Srislash, i have got all the instructions, but the only hope I have programming is via the beeps, and that isn't covered in the instuctions so I don't really know what I am doing mate. And Marine, those esc's you are talking about I am going to invest in mate, because I am already going stir crazy buddy. I am just really lucky there is a bloke up here on the sunny coast who has gone above and beyond to help me get it on the water, so I am looking forward to cracking a few jackie d's with him because if it wasn't for him, it would still be sitting on the shelf.
    Hey Galant, when I had my Swordfish (before the big MELTDOWN!!) I used the USB linker/computer program and was able to upgrade to new version and is very easy the change parameters. Still didn't make it a workable esc, was totally pissed off with the way it kept stopping. Much happier with my SeaKing 180 version 2. Where abouts in qld are you, I'm on the Gold Coast and run at Emerald Lakes.

Yup that is how I am hooking it up I have 4 sf's total and the other 3 work great this is the only problem I just bought it new from Ose about 2 weeks ago and went to set it up for the first time last night and found out that there was this problem there are no motor tones or noises from motor but all esc lights are on

Unfortunately hifei is on their New Year holiday. When they get back I will contact them.

As far as programming SeaKing and Swordfish. they are both just as easy to program when while using the led programming box.

Most peoples problems seem to come from trying to program with a computer for some reason.
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

I just received this from Hifei.

The issue is may caused by fault of USB Linker. We received some the same complaints from other customers, through checking the returned faulty USB Linker, we found one component of USB Linker is easily got problemed after connect USB Linker to PC. Then the faulty USB Linker would cause firmware of ESC be lost when try to program via it. It needs to use good USB linker to re-write the firmware into the ESC and ESC can recover to work.

We have fixed the issue of USB Linker by changing the problemed component.
    We are very sorry for the trouble which the fault of USB Linker brings to customers. For all the faulty USB Linkers, we will replace them with new ones at free.

So if you bought a esc/ubs from OSE and having problems programing.

please email me at info at offshoreelectrics dot com. replace the at with @ and the dot with a "."
    Or just use the contact page http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/contact.php
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Hell yeah steve, you ARE THE MAN!. Email sent. I thank you all for the help and the time you have given me to help rectify this problem. I just wish I was closer to you blokes so I could shout you lot a few coldies.

i have a USB linker but mr. awesome stevie said he could replace it with a seaking 180 (at least that's what I got from the stream of emails.
    I don't want to bug him more but if anyone wants to steal my USB for the shipping you can get yourselves a free one (if that's okay with the boss... steve?)

Is there a solution if you don't have the box? I just have the little card with the 12 little switches on it and have the same problem as above with the lack of motor beeps when plugging in esc. The lights work but no beeps from motor......

Limited all youmneed is the USB link and the Hifei software n your computer but you can easily download it or I can send that to you

A USB adapter huh.ok I will get to searching for one and see if I can get one coming my way.thanks. So the litlle card with the switches is useless?

Quote Originally Posted by limitedr1 View Post
    A USB adapter huh.ok I will get to searching for one and see if I can get one coming my way.thanks. So the litlle card with the switches is useless?
    The little card is fine, it will do what any card will do. you should have gotten a copy that shows how to set the switches. If you dont have a copy I will look for one and scan.
    Visit www.customcfparts.com | Custom Boat Building | Custom Carbon Fiber Parts | Custom Graphics | LMT Premium Dealer | MGM Premium Dealer | YouTube | Facebook
    "Follow someone's footsteps and you will always be a step behind"

They will all program the esc fine but to update firmware you need the USB link so you can hook the esc directly up to the computer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast