Weather is still good in Ohio, so I've been running the Mystic 29 "Bud edition" a lot. But today--in the middle of the lake--it suddenly died. I thought for sure I fried the ESC as I have been running the x642. After spending hours deciding what new motor/ESC to buy, I did some testing with other motors and ESCs I have in my parts bin. Low and behold, upon plugging in another ESC, the wires simply fell off the connectors right where the ESC connects to the motor. The solder job was terrible, and two of the three wires simply "fell" off the connectors (inside the red shrink wrap--initially undetectable to my eye) and failed during my run today. I re-soldered the connectors back to the wires and the boat works perfectly once again.

As Darin said, these boats are assembled overseas, so it would be who of you to go over EVERYTHING to make sure things like this aren't looming.

Also, make sure you have a PLAN to retrieve your boat if something fails. It is a VERY sick feeling seeing your boat bob in the water having no means other than the wind or current to bring it to shore. Don't be over confident in thinking that nothing like this will ever happen to you! I have a Traxxas Spartan as another boat, but actually bought the Mystic 29 as the "retrieval boat" for the Spartan after having the boat stranded in the near-frozen lake for several hours helplessly waiting for the wind to bring her in. (I now ALSO have a quality blow-up raft in case of emergencies--like BOTH boats failing.)