Thread: Performance ?

Default Performance ?

I just got my son a stock SV27 other than it came with a GrimRacer 40 X 52/3 prop and 2 sets of 6 cell 3300mah batteries. I spend last night reconditioning the Nihm batteries (cycling them 3 times) and ran his stock SV a few times. It took a long time to plane and wasn't really all that fast. I decided to do a timed run with my 2s 5000mah 40C batteries and the boat ran about twice as fast. Almost as fast as my SV27 running a SV27R motor.

So, the question is....

Would newer Nihm batteries run this boat much better or should just go ahead and convert this boat to Lipo's as well?

Thanks,

Dave

LIPos is the only way to go....were the 3300 NiMh Venoms?

No they are Mega Volt 3300 brand from Megatech.

Dave

Batteries are horsepower.
    Lipos are like 440 sixpacks.
    NiMh are like slant sixes...hopefully whats not in your Duster.

Just plug in the lipos and go, no conversion needed. Just time your runs to about 4 minutes and make note of how many mah go back into the battery.
    Mine is the old esc as well, I time all my runs regardless. I find the lvc setting for some lipo ready esc's is too low for my taste.
    You can wire a lipo shield into the stock esc if you want the safety of having a lvc, mine used to have one. Decided since I never hit the lvc it was just one more thing to possibly cause a problem or fail if it got wet.
    Enjoy the SV, A bunch of them running together is great fun.
    With the right prop the SV will easily keep up with the R version. No difference in speed even between mine and a UL-1 powered one propped correctly.
    If my boats upside down then who owns the one I thought I was driving the last two laps?

I agree that lipos will give much better performance over Nimh because of the amps they put out..
    your Nimh packs can only give about 33amps vs your lipos of 200amps!
    if you cycle the packs a few times they could wake up some..
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s