Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: West Florida Model Boat Club - Swap Meet - 2/12/12 at Ackerman Park, Sarasota FL

Looks like I'm going to be down one boat for the swap meet. Recieved 50% payment for this one in RTR format yesterday. It will ship to AZ once the balance is recieved next week.
    I'll still have the Arapaho and Llumar there along with a Great Planes Nieuport and Sapac Eurofighter planes. I'll only bring the big Cermark F-16 "if" I get an advance notice that somebody is interested as it takes up a lot of room in my van.
    Got lotsa lipos, some fan units and motors, electric and air retracts, a couple of jet kits that have never been started. The list could go on for longer than I want to type.
    I'm hoping the weather will be favorable and we have a good turnout.

Sounds like an interesting lineup of aircraft goodies. I have too many planes already but always interested in motors, retracts, etc.

I'm thinking I'm going to have a bunch of 2S 5000 lipos for sale. Zippy's and Turnigy's as I recall. Most never used.
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

I've been working on putting together a listing of my stuff over on RC Groups. Been at it for a while now and have most of it done complete with pix. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1582295
    If anybody else has swap meet items they want to list in it, feel free to do so. It's good free advertising for the event.

Im getting a little nervous about the swap meet. We should have done a mandatory registration or something. Ive not gotten one inquiry email, other than from club members. Ive got a funny feeling its going to be us selling to us. Id think we all better bring a boat or two.... may end up being a test and tune day.

No need to be nervous about it. Other than buying the roll of raffle tickets we have no cash outlay in it. You might get fooled and have the place covered up with people too. I've been campaining it heavy on RCG and already picked up a couple hundred bucks from the things I've listed there.
    I was already planning to bring at least my Falcon cat for some more testing after the swap meet anyways.

I hope we are fooled and have the place covered. Was just hoping for a little more inquirys from outsiders by now.

Don't fret about it. In the airplane club swap meet world, we rarely if ever get any inquiries and yet we have one of the biggest swap meets around at the Bay City Flyers club north of Tampa.

It sometimes takes a few years for a swap meet to build a following also.

If it's just us, then so be it. I'll bring lots of goodies. What I don't sell can go on the OSE swap shop or ebay.
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by sailr View Post
    If it's just us, then so be it. I'll bring lots of goodies. What I don't sell can go on the OSE swap shop or ebay.
    My thoughts exactly.
    I really expect more of a turnout than we currently seem to be anticipating though. There are three RC flying clubs in this area and have circulated flyers through all of them. Not to mention the flyers distributed to the local hobby shops.

I hope so. I also emailed all the florida clubs listed thru namba and I called and got email addresses for some other not so local fl hobby shops.

Jim, I'm out and about today and don't have access to our members list. Can you please pm me your phone number? Or gimme a call about 1030?

Now I'm starting to get nervous and wishing we had scheduled it for the 1st Sunday. We're supposed to keep this fantastic weather right on through the weekend and that's going to make about 4 fantastic Sundays in a row.
    I'm just hoping that the 12th doesn't wind up with it blowing 40 mph and raining.

I was going to raise the question if anyone would like to run Sunday. Being super bowl I didn't think id get much response

That's right, I forgot that this coming Sunday is Super Bowl. Guess it's good we are having it on the 12th. I'll still keep hoping for good weather.

Game is not till 6:30 anyway. I'm up for it!

Getting ready for swap meet, won't be able to make the trip this Sunday.
    Besides needing to head out with a party favorite for super bowl.
    Last edited by teddyboy; 02-03-2012 at 02:59 PM. Reason: Spelling
    Ted H. Wachter
    West Florida Model Boat Club
    East Texas RC Boaters

hey ted any chance u make it for the spring race this year at holms co park? april 13-15?
    MY RETIREMENT PLAN?????.....POWERBALL
    74 vintage kirby clasic hydro, pursuit mono, mg, 47'' mono, popeye hydro...

Ron, I will get back to you PM this evening.

Ted
    Ted H. Wachter
    West Florida Model Boat Club
    East Texas RC Boaters

Quote Originally Posted by sailr View Post
    I have been sorting and sorting and bagging and pricing stuff for the swap meet. Holy crap I didn't realize I have so much stuff! WOW! Bring $$$$ guys! I've got motors, esc's, motor and servo mounts, rudders, struts, turn fins, shafts, nuts and bolts, Lipo batterys (2S packs only), and BOATS. 1/10 Scale modern, two riggers, 3 monos, and a few mini's. DAYUM!

See you guys Sunday!
    I know the feeling Jim. Don't know how I wound up with so much extra "stuff" in such a short period of time. I'm hoping to get rid of enough of it to give me some working (walking) room in my place. Hoping we have good weather for it.

Quote Originally Posted by bill34207 View Post
    Hoping we have good weather for it.
    Ditto!

Hey guys, I have 6 jackets that will be donated for the raffle. Not sure if it would help to list them. What do you think?
    Will have a good selection of other jackets for sale at a nice discount as well.
    Dave

You da man Dave. I sure do hope we have a good turnout to take adbantage of the good stuff in the raffle. I know of at least one NIB edf kit that will be in it, two if there's enough of a crowd to justify it. (not to mention all the good stuff that will be for sale).

Yes Sir, fingers crossed for a good turn out and weather.

Attachment 70190And on Table1 we have:

Dibs pending info.

On the good side looks like we're going to miss the rain for Sunday. Local forecast is calling for it to end early Saturday. On the bad side, it's supposed to be cold Sunday. Overnight lows into the high 30's and a daytime high on Sunday of less than 60 with a north wind around 15 mph. So dress warm.

I'm going to bring 4 tables and still won't have room on them for everything!
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

I will be bringing my 4x2 folding table (I won't be using it) so if anyone needs more space you're welcome to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by osprey21 View Post
    I will be bringing my 4x2 folding table (I won't be using it) so if anyone needs more space you're welcome to use it.
    Dibs unless Scott needs it for the raffle & 50/50

I may not bring anything to run tomorrow after all. I started loading swap meet stuff into my van a little while ago and it's running out of room really fast.

Easy fix... just strap Thunderball to the roof rack.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast