Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: MHZ Mystic M 1140mm build

Quote Originally Posted by nata2run View Post
    Damn! Got her in the tub and some water sneaking in. Amazing what a little screw hole can do. Also used long guide tubes from the rudder pull wires almost all the way up to the servo and greased the wires inside, as the wires are submerged when not moving. I can just smell all the problems. But batts are charged ready for maiden.
    Can't wait to see her!Any chance of vid?I just did my Shocker the other day.

Hey Kent! Video video video! Handsome looking boat .Felix

Maiden over and done with. Will post vid soon....

Don't get too excited lost shaft, cable and prop. Only got to do around 100 km/h

Are there collets for right rotating props??

Thats exactly what I was going to ask!!! :) I was told there was no such thing. Happy there is.

Thanks Ray I will look into that. Now I wait for MHZ to ship me a new setup grrrrr. and get some new props done as well. oh well could have been worse, was scared I had to swim for her or even dive and pick her up LOL.

Youtube upload is taking a long time here is a action pic

MHZ in the water.jpg
    Last edited by nata2run; 01-15-2012 at 08:46 AM.

Ok, the moment we have been waiting for....
    Not exactly the way I planned it but what tha!! if something had to go wrong I'm glad that this was it. didn't have time to make it to the shop to get some pool nodles so it was abit risky to take her out today. as you can see a bit of chop on the water as well but this thing really performs. got a little scared didn't know what to expect, its got a lot of power!! spinning 447 L/R.

107.2 km/h at 60% throttle at max!!! soon as I went one bit over the shaft just went everything cold as cold. damn, 2 more weeks of waiting to get her up and running again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CQWWnStN-E
    Last edited by nata2run; 01-15-2012 at 08:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by srislash View Post
    Can't wait to see her!Any chance of vid?I just did my Shocker the other day.
    Looks like we both have our little issues....LOL

Don't feel too bad.I recently lost my stock flex cable and B&S 642 and second shaft and prop on my Miss Behavin'.That water can't be too deep being a commercial pond.Any chance of retrieval?I took a couple of shots at mine with diving suits but with almost ice around here it's hard.BTW I was curious about the collets as well.And prop nut threads too for that matter.

Don't feel too bad.I recently lost my stock flex cable and B&S 642 and second shaft and prop on my Miss Behavin'.That water can't be too deep being a commercial pond.Any chance of retrieval?I took a couple of shots at mine with diving suits but with almost ice around here it's hard.BTW I was curious about the collets as well.And prop nut threads too for that matter.
    HEHE, buddy. Summer over here. Bring diving suit and go for it, I'll light up the BBQ. I was looking around to see if there was any "youngsters" for hire. My Friend "the videoman" said, why dont we just go out there and find it. Yeah rignt!

OK, official offer!. $100 to he/she who gets my gear back - Cash ready!!! HAPPY DIVING....

I just wanna come swim without catching hypothermia.

Parts on the way from MHZ... Should be up and running soon. Have also ordered some flex safety so this doesn't happen again

Explain flex safety since I damn near lost another yesterday.

its a collet that is fitted on the flex cable between stuffing tube and coupler

http://zippkits.com/~zippkits/index....roducts_id=324

You are spot on Felix!!!

I was going to write abit about it and attach a picture as well. Was on the Ipad and wouldn't allow me to attach anything.
    Here is what MHZ is doing ....

The 5mm intercept bearing avoids vibrations of the 3/16'' flexshaft and also serves as thrust washer for flex safety.
    Suitable for brass/ teflon pipe 7mm and flexshaft 3/16''.

collet.jpg

At around $35 bucks each I sure hope it works

got 2 propshafts as well just to besure.

Yeah,I thought it was a collar.Some of them I don't like.One set screw holding on doesn't seem good for the cable to me.The one you have pictured looks good though,and I like the fitting.Grease or oil,I imagine?How big is it?Oh,guess I can wait and see it in the hull.

Yep this one is really good !!! the plan is to inatall it, slide a water tube 2inches or so over the nipple and fill with grease "dont know how that sounded but anyway" havin a small hole in the stuffing tube where the nipple is lined up, should allow it to suck grease into the stuffing tube and lubricate the shaft while driving.

Oh, Its not big, will fit in your hull easy I imagine

2nd thought .....stuff the damage to the cable from the collar...how about loosing propshaft, drive dog, and that precious PROP
    even if I didnt get the grease system I would still use the collar. and soooo wished I had one installed!

Watch me driving past @ 100+ mph pulling 300A ........LOL
    Last edited by nata2run; 01-16-2012 at 11:59 PM.

I've been trying to devise a way to grease the strut and tube without ripping it apart every day out.It's gotta be hard on collets,all this on and off.Just broke one yesterday when I rushed to grease my Miss Behavin'.

I've been trying to devise a way to grease the strut and tube without ripping it apart every day out.It's gotta be hard on collets,all this on and off.Just broke one yesterday when I rushed to grease my Miss Behavin'.
    Hmm... Why, on and off all the time? what I do. I have about half an inch of flex cable showing from the collet. Then 1/4 inch teflon tube showing from the brass stuffing tube.

OK, so what I do is... I have a syringe filled with grease with a pointy attachment. spin up the motor/s (as low RPM as you can) then just squeeze some grease at the end of the teflon tube. The flex cable will pull in the grease itself because its spinning. just do it untill you see the grease coming out the other end. only takes a min. if you rew up the motors for 2sec before you pore the grease there most likely wont be any water in the teflon tube. I always do this and my wires still look brand new
    Last edited by nata2run; 01-17-2012 at 12:02 AM.

Well,that's a damn fine idea.I like it!I have the syringe of grease,the end on it has a sort of flat point.Should work.Thanks man.

No problem man, you'll see it works and you think DAMN.
    LOL

Keep the pics coming, looking forward to seeing some pics of your rig running.

No problems, soon as I make any changes I will post pics. Will start soon as I get my shafts.

Quote Originally Posted by graill View Post
    Keep the pics coming, looking forward to seeing some pics of your rig running.
    You have some sick A** rigs!!! I almost feel bad you visiting here and I dont offer coffee LOL
    Last edited by nata2run; 01-17-2012 at 05:52 PM.

Hmm, the project is on stand by, well untill I get some new hardware. Should be a couple of weeks away. The weather is just perfect at the moment TYPICAL!!
    I'm working on some schemes for the boat, I would love to get it painted before I get the new hardware. Here is something I came up with.... nothing FLASH but I think I need plain.

My Mystic concept.jpg

That's good,I like that.

Thanks, I'm just playing at the moment I really like the JBS scheme but I got no one that can paint that. I still think I will go silver and take it from there

Yeah,I usually do the main colour and it morphs from there.It' fun.I used to do alot of them locally.It's odd really,schemes just won't come to me and then POP,there it is.Usually while I sit in traffic and can't scratch it down.

Lol yep, many of my ideas come like that. Damn just want to get the boat in the water

All my water is frozen right now.Supposed to warm up though.We can go through this a couple times a winter here in Vancouver.

Man here is like boiling at the moment 36 degrees what ever that is in F but it's hot gotta go slow on the boats for sure

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast