Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: MHZ Mystic M 1140mm build

Smile MHZ Mystic M 1140mm build

Hi everyone... I'm kinda new to OSE, but have been following a few builds on this forum.
    All I can say is WOW there is some serious stuff on here, a good place to get help.

Firstly, I have to stress that I'm no expert, and this is my first real build apart from a few small upgrages on my Osprey and Genesis.

But anyway I thought I might as well get a nice hull and see how I go.

This is what I got so far:
    MHZ Mystic C5000 1140mm C/K
    MHZ Rudder
    MHZ Drivers 3/16

I dont want to blow the budget so I went abit on the cheap: "Lehner would have been sweet"
    x2 Leopard 4082 / 1600kv
    X2 Leopard cooling Jackets
    x2 Swordfish 200A ESC
    Spektrum S6070 Digital Servo
    Spectrum MR3000 Marine Reciever

Ofcause the smaller bits like
    flex cable L/R rotating
    Stuffing tube
    Teflon tube
    5mm to 3/16 collet adaptor
    Mono water pick-ups x2
    Screws and so on....
    Last edited by nata2run; 12-28-2011 at 10:43 PM.

I like the twins.Should be a nice size.I'm building my CF one now.IT's a Fightercat.

Sweet sound of twins...:) Fightercats are nice

Recieved the hull & hardware "MHZ GERMANY", very nice! just sat there looking at for a while impressed with the quality. Its was only till I looked closely at the drives and the HUGE holes I had to drill... aww not that exciting at all!! I took me hours to figure out how to do it. If your brave just do it :)

In the end I had to make up a jig/template just to make sure if I stuffed it up I had done my best trying. I placed the driver on the scanner and traced the layout for the holes. Printed it out just to make sure it would fit, then CNC cut the template in acrylic

MHZ Mystic Stinger mount.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by nata2run; 12-30-2011 at 11:19 PM.

That's how it all started, I knew that I had to do templates for every thing I do on this build or I wouldnt get it right.

Here are some of the parts being cut on my CNC machine

MHZ Mystin CNC Work carbon.JPGMHZ Mystin CNC Work 3D pre.jpg

Motor mounts, server mount and spacers for the stuffing tube all in 3mm CF
    Last edited by nata2run; 12-30-2011 at 07:14 PM.

Installing the rudder was fairly easy, with the rudder in place I drilled out the holes from the top about half way, turned the hull up side down and flipped the rudder around and drilled the other half. worked perfectly!! Basicly using the rudder as a jig.

This is gonna be nice!
    NEED PARALLEL CONNECTORS?? QUALITY 5.5MM, 8MM, 8 AND 10 AWG, GET THEM HERE: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...est!&highlight=

Ok, now that I have the rudder and drives in place it time for the stuffing tube to go in. Dont worry too much about installing/gluing the motor mounts in untill you find out how much the stuffing tube can really bend. If possible, you should bend as little as you can and line it up with the motor. A good ideal is to pull out the prop/drive shaft and feed the flex cable through the driver and in to the hull. have the motor attached to the motor mount and see how it needs to be placed to look right. Try not to get a "S" shape on the cable as this would also be the way you bent the stuffing tube. it should look striaght coming from the driver and gently bend half way on the tube and be in line with the motor.

MHZ Mystic C5000 1140 inside water in.jpg

OH. If possible use a small butane torch to heat up the tube before you bend "Has to glow"

Also notice the water intake Get it closer to the tunnel if possible it should be ok where it is but at extreme speed it might just lift out of the water and not cool 100% I still think it will be ok. if its not working then I'll worry.

So far I'm happy with the motor mounts and the bend on the tube, how ever not too excited about the servo mount. I made it because it looks close to the MHZ CF version for the Mystic, but it bothered me that it had to be permanent so I had to work out a better way (for me anyway) I like the fact that I can remove everything and almost back to bare hull. This is the first mount I made.

MHZ Mystic old servo mount.jpg

It would work ok I think and also take a full size servo, I just wasn't sure

I love the servo mount.should add a little rigidity as well.Good thinking.

Back to the drawing board! I think I searched all forums thread up and down and yes there is some nice stuff out there but I wanted it to suit my boat and give it a bit of personal touch. Again without blowing the budget. also getting it right the first time will save you some $$$ here is what I came up with.

MHZ Mystic First carbon 1 motor.jpg

Thanks srislash :) not using the mount any more

How I mounted the CF Mounts was easy once I found the right spacers and cut out the CF supports

MHZ Mystic spacers and carbon hold down.jpgMHZ Mystic installing the mounts.jpg
    Last edited by nata2run; 12-29-2011 at 01:14 AM.

Last edited by nata2run; 12-29-2011 at 01:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nata2run View Post
    How I mounted the CF Mounts was easy once I found the right spacers and cut out the CF supports

MHZ Mystic spacers and carbon hold down.jpgMHZ Mystic installing the mounts.jpg
    Hey I need some of those redflared washers in the background.Have a good source for such items.
    BTW the mounts look awesome.Can you do some custom work?

Quote Originally Posted by srislash View Post
    Hey I need some of those redflared washers in the background.Have a good source for such items.
    BTW the mounts look awesome.Can you do some custom work?

Thanks, I'm glad you like :) I got the washers in Australia from rcworld they are very cheap. Brand is called "spot on rc" you can get gold, blue, black, yellow, green and red ... I can do custom work if you need some. easy enough to ship around the world :) PM me and let me know what you need.
    Last edited by nata2run; 12-29-2011 at 06:13 AM.

I'm working on some pictures of the rudder and the pull pull wires should have them soon

Very nice build! Carbon looks awesome! Where did you find the brass mounting post? I'm doing a build similar build to yours and went with red washers as well. Looks good.

Thanks bruiser, I got the tubes from a fastner I think it was Australian fastners but any place that deal with screws for the carpentry industry should have something similar. They are around 12mm or half inch. Would be nice to see your build

It's here on OSE on the build forum under FC super daytona twin. Sorry don't know how To share link.

Hehe found it nice one!! Will follow for sure

hello, looks all verygood.
    i've got also a MHZ 114 just delivered at home in Belgium
    now i can start building i've got two engines leopard 4082, rudder and drives the rest i have still to by.

Hello silver, good choice there. Hope you know your in for a fast boat :) It's good to see someone with a close setup look forward to the prop talk as well got the boat almost ready but no props yet

yep, it will be a big prop talk. For me its all new i was bizzy with IOM sailboats for years but want to have somthing faster.

Well done!
    I enjoy your work.
    Anbjørn

nice work...you will love your Mystic..
    first thing try it with props outwards ...hull turns better.
    mine has Leopards 40/82 2200kv with swordfish240HV ..
    H&M Intruder S twin Leopard 36/74/3270 @ 3S-HIFEI 200A
    MHZ mystic 114-TP4050 5D-HIFEI 240A hv ESC- @ 2 x 5S
    BANDIT S"love boat" LEHNER POWERED.. RCFASTBOATS.GR MINI COOPER CAT

Thanks guys for the nice coments and advice. I'm still working on posting the rudder setup ( have to make a dummy to be able to show some details) next will be the battery mounts, and the water cooling, water profing the ESC's "so far they are working submerged in a glass of water" LOL... and then testing speeds!! just ordered some props from OSE

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast