Thread: What ECS for Mystic 29?

Default What ECS for Mystic 29?

Hello, I was just wondering what ECS would be the ideal replacement for the stock 60 amp. Heard some of these have been burning up shortly after first run. My boat hasn't seen the water yet, and probably won't till spring. Going to use stock 1800 KV motor with 40C grim racer batteries. Would like to use X642 Prop. Just want to unplug stock unit and swap with something else. What should I use? Thanks for your help.

With an esc upgrade, you will have to solder on your own connectors, or unsolder the connectors from the stocker. Either way, id run the stock esc. Or, remove it and sell it as unused and put the money towards an aftermarket speedo. A reliable upgraded esc would be a Seaking 120. Its small, so it doesnt take up much room. Ive had 3 of these in various set ups, and they can take a beating. I dont recall if OSE carries them or not. I know www.kintecracing.com does.

My stock ESC held up well all season. This fall, I decided to install a Hobby Wing Seaking 120 just so I'd have some headroom when playing with new props, etc.
    Steve carries them here at OSE: http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...er-seaking-120

I think you're going to really enjoy your Mystic 29! Mine was my first RC boat and I'm hooked!

Happy New Year,
    desmobob

Quote Originally Posted by LarrysDrifter View Post
    With an esc upgrade, you will have to solder on your own connectors, or unsolder the connectors from the stocker. Either way, id run the stock esc. Or, remove it and sell it as unused and put the money towards an aftermarket speedo. A reliable upgraded esc would be a Seaking 120. Its small, so it doesnt take up much room. Ive had 3 of these in various set ups, and they can take a beating. I dont recall if OSE carries them or not. I know www.kintecracing.com does.
    Thanks for answering - sounds like alot of people are going with this ESC - I think I will give it a try. Has to be better than stock unit.

Thanks for answering - sounds like alot of people are going with this ESC - I think I will give it a try. Has to be better than stock unit.

Nice Ducati - thanks for the information. I think Im gonna try to the 120 amp seaking.

Happy New Year,
    Dorm