Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: ML Boatworks New Sport 20 Hydroplane for FE or nitro, pics and build thread

"A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough."
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Thanks Danny, I just created a GP265 thread! Mike

https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...lane-26.5-quot
    Laser cut, birch plywood rc race boat kits- WWW.MLBOATWORKSRC.COM WWW.DINOGYLIPOS.COM

Anyone finished their builds yet??
    Laser cut, birch plywood rc race boat kits- WWW.MLBOATWORKSRC.COM WWW.DINOGYLIPOS.COM

I'm getting closer! I drilled my first stuffing tube hole in a hydro last night...think I made it a little to big I did manage to cut my flex cable to short last night so need to get another. Any taping recommendation before JB welding? Here's a few photo's....Oh yea...first paint job too!photo.JPGphoto.JPGphoto.JPG

We also came up with a motor mount that fits inbetween the rails perfect. Moved the servo back and put the receiver where the servo was originally.

DSCN0874.JPGDSCN0873.JPGDSCN0871.JPGDSCN0872.JPG
    Last edited by weil0127; 08-08-2012 at 11:38 AM.

Looking good guys! I am glad to see the kits being built! Clueless, I would make a backing wood plate with a smaller hole that the tube can go threw, then epoxy everything in place. I would just rather have some wood in there other than gap filling epoxy or jb weld for strength. Other than that, it looks great! What Neu is that? 1521 1.5d?

Weil, glad to hear you had some good runs (where you posted in the other thread). Looks like I might want to move the servo mount further back to get it out of the way of the motor mount??? Give me your feedback! Mike

BTW, did JRS Innovations make a stand for these????

Quote Originally Posted by cybercrxt View Post
    BTW, did JRS Innovations make a stand for these????
    yes..
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

JRS made the stand, motor mount, receiver mount and servo mount. The motor mount was designed to center the motor between the cross braces. The receiver was put where the original servo mount goes and elevated if water gets in the boat. It was a pain to get the servo in and out with the motor mount so close and the reason we moved it to the rear. This also made it possible to use a small 4-40 rod which doesn't flex as much. Joe S.(JRS) and I also used fiberglass thorough out the boat. We laid one piece from the top of the nose to the first cross brace and did the same on the rear of the boat. This connected the braces, bottom and sides as one piece. WE also laid one piece from the outside to the inside of the sponsons. Joe S.(JRS) boat was actually hit by another another boat at the race this weekend. There was a small nick on his boat and it ripped out the back transom of the other boat. We build these to be strong and withstand hard racing. We have lost a few boat this year due to others hitting our boats. It became very clear that we accomplished what we wanted when the boat was OK after the crash.

Very cool! I did not realize JRS and you were the ones that got the kits together! Didn't remember! I will have to look over the stuff JRS made to help out the hull. It would be cool if he got me some pics. I would post the parts on my site with a link to him!

Mike,

it is a Neu 1521 1.5D. I do thank you for making my first wood build come together so smoothly. Your build thread was easy to follow and the main reason
    I decided to take the plunge! I've got plans this weekend but hope to get her wet Monday!

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789