Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ML Boatworks New Sport 20 Hydroplane for FE or nitro, pics and build thread

Mike do you ever think about what you could do if you had a clue??
    If/when that happens, I want to be a "Team ML Boatworks" driver.
    Got a list for that???
    Duh G
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    District 13 Director 2011- present
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

Sure,

1) Dick Loeb
    2) Doug Smock

Does that put a smile on your face Doug????

Laser cut, birch plywood rc race boat kits- WWW.MLBOATWORKSRC.COM WWW.DINOGYLIPOS.COM

Below is the current list.

I have come up with a tenative cost for the Sport 20 kit, which includes all wood needed, cowling, and instructions for $165 plus shipping.

The build Sport 20 will be $300 plus shipping. The built hull includes total interior covered in West Systems epoxy, 8oz cloth covering inside of sponsons and down the engine well. It also includes one coat of exterior west systems epoxy, and all seems filled with West System 406 Colodial Silica. If carbon fiber is needed, please add $$25 to build cost. I will talk to all the people on the list about their exact needs before proceeding with their builds to far. Since this is the first time I have discussed prices, please let me know if you are no longer interested so I can adjust the build list. Thanks guys.

Oh, and the Sport 40 hull design has been started and I hope to finish that, and get in the first kit in the next couple weeks. The cowling plug for the Sport 20 is also a priority right now for me so I can get that process going.

Sport 20 build list
    1) HOTWATER
    2) ron1950
    3) Diegoboy
    4) Midnightsabatoge
    5) sailr
    6) MarylandFE
    7) Bigwaveohs
    8) Rightturnonly
    9) voepel
    10)ww29
    11)Battlefury
    12)Mike Buck

Sport 20 kit

1)Larry Conrad
    2) Teach
    3) Howard Welch (760) 552-2975
    4) Doug Smock
    5) Dick Loeb
    6) Rick Belinger
    7) tamalito

Sport 40 build list (soon to come)
    1)Jaike5

Sport 40 kit
    1) Bert Dygert
    Laser cut, birch plywood rc race boat kits- WWW.MLBOATWORKSRC.COM WWW.DINOGYLIPOS.COM

Quote Originally Posted by cybercrxt View Post
    Below is the current list.

I have come up with a tenative cost for the Sport 20 kit, which includes all wood needed, cowling, and instructions for $165 plus shipping.

The build Sport 20 will be $300 plus shipping. The built hull includes total interior covered in West Systems epoxy, 8oz cloth covering inside of sponsons and down the engine well. It also includes one coat of exterior west systems epoxy, and all seems filled with West System 406 Colodial Silica. If carbon fiber is needed, please add $$25 to build cost. I will talk to all the people on the list about their exact needs before proceeding with their builds to far. Since this is the first time I have discussed prices, please let me know if you are no longer interested so I can adjust the build list. Thanks guys.

Oh, and the Sport 40 hull design has been started and I hope to finish that, and get in the first kit in the next couple weeks. The cowling plug for the Sport 20 is also a priority right now for me so I can get that process going.

Sport 20 build list
    1) HOTWATER
    2) ron1950
    3) Diegoboy
    4) Midnightsabatoge
    5) sailr
    6) MarylandFE
    7) Bigwaveohs
    8) Rightturnonly
    9) voepel
    10)ww29
    11)Battlefury
    12)Mike Buck

Sport 20 kit

1)Larry Conrad
    2) Teach
    4) Doug Smock
    5) Dick Loeb
    6) Rick Belinger
    7) tamalito

1)Jaike5

Sport 40 kit
    1) Bert Dygert
    Mike please take me off of the build list and add me to the kit list...I would like to build my own because I like building...that's the fun part!!

Thanks,
    Kent
    "Will race for cookies!"
    IMPBA D12
    My Gallery: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/album.php?u=1738

Sport 20 build list

1) ron1950
    2) Diegoboy
    3) Midnightsabatoge
    4) sailr
    5) MarylandFE
    6) Bigwaveohs
    7) Rightturnonly
    8) voepel
    9) ww29
    10) Battlefury
    11) Mike Buck

Sport 20 kit
    1)Larry Conrad
    2) Teach
    4) Doug Smock
    5) Dick Loeb
    6) Rick Belinger
    7) tamalito
    8) HOTWATER

1)Jaike5

Sport 40 kit
    1) Bert Dygert

Got a pretty good video today. I removed 3 ounces of lead up from after this video and the boat was calmer in the turns. I think the tiny choppying in the turns is just a matter of loading the prop a little better with center of gravity changes at this point. Such a fun boat to drive! The dead stop at the end of the second video was what happens when a motor wire chafs against a carbon fiber motor mount...Luckly no damage to the motor or esc happened. Mike

Wow Mike. Impressive to say the least. She is really digging in at the narrow end of the pond!
    "A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough."
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

mike are u running a 2030kv in the prototype? for some reason i dont hear it screeming like the outboard 295 does....also what prop?
    MY RETIREMENT PLAN?????.....POWERBALL
    74 vintage kirby clasic hydro, pursuit mono, mg, 47'' mono, popeye hydro...

I've been wondering about the prop too
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Danny, That thing cuts the turns! Those were mostly full speed turns at both ends. I think in one of the videos I did not even let off the throttle.

Ron, this is actually using the same ul-1 motor and ul-1 controller I have used in my ps295 for the last 2 years. Its been threw a lot, but still kicking. I probably have more driveline drag than would be in the OS lower as I am using 3/16" cable, and a bigger prop. 14 series prop, 46mm diameter, makes for more motor load. Doug S. told me I should try a 45mm prop, said it might free up some rpm and actually be faster. I plan on doing that soon. Been fighting being sick for the last 6 days, thought it was over yesterday...its back. Gotta fight threw it tho. Actually got the plug started for the cowling last night. I will spray some gelcoat on it today and get it ready for a mold for a fiberglass version, do the mold, then send out the plug to my vacuum guy to make abs cowls for it. I also sized the plug bigger than needed to see if it would be big enough to even fit the sport 40 hull, or the sport 20 L (33.5" version) when they are ready. Here are some pics of whats going on in the shop right now. 6 PS295's being built too. Mike

Got the cowling plug finished, and started working on the mold this afternoon so I can make them out of fiberglass as well as the originally planed ABS. Turned out nice, and should be big enough to make the sport 40 cowling. Mike

Well, I decided to just make the sport 20 and 40 boats as glass cowlings only. The ABS will still be used on the tunnels because of the complexity in laying one of those up, but the cowls for the sport hydros are pretty easy compared, and I think glass cowlings are a better selling point than ABS, espcially since my competition offers glass. Here is a pic of the first mold. I am waxing it now! Turned out the best I personally have done! I am going to do a second mold this afternoon so I can do two cowls at a time. I am also waxing up the whip 20 cowling mold since I have some guys in need of them as well. Enjoy, Mike

very cool Mike!
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Looks great Mike! I was actually going to ask you to make me a fg cowl to go with my kit instead of the abs...nice!

-Kent
    "Will race for cookies!"
    IMPBA D12
    My Gallery: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/album.php?u=1738

mike will u be offering the cowels in colors or just white?
    MY RETIREMENT PLAN?????.....POWERBALL
    74 vintage kirby clasic hydro, pursuit mono, mg, 47'' mono, popeye hydro...

First cowling pulled last night, and fitted. Can't say I am not excited! Enjoy, Mike

Cool!

Mike, please put me on the list for a kit.
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

Quote Originally Posted by egneg View Post
    Mike, please put me on the list for a kit.
    Good call Egneg!

Quote Originally Posted by Diegoboy View Post
    Good call Egneg!
    I don't know when I will build it but I had to get on the list.
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

I'd like to come over and build it with you, if you don't mind.

Lol, cowling did you in did it Chuck???? I will add you. Thanks, Mike

Quote Originally Posted by cybercrxt View Post
    Lol, cowling did you in did it Chuck???? I will add you. Thanks, Mike
    That would be great Danny, and Mike that is what pushed it over the edge for me.
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

Mike
    Put me down for 4. Just kidding!

Please put me in for 2 kits.

Doug
    Doug Peterson
    IMPBA 19993
    www.badgerboaters.com

You got it Doug! Thanks ,Mike

Looking good mike! 33 inch will rock for full p sport power!

You need that size as well as the 31"? I am working on the CAD for the sport 40 and Sport 20L now. Mike

How long will the smaller one be Mike?

Sport 12- 26.5"
    Sport 20 (The kit in this thread)- 31"
    Sport 20L- 33.5"
    Sport 40- 39"
    Gas Sport/S&T FE power- 48"

Mike

Where is the CG now with the latest tests?
    IMPBA: 7-Time FE World Record Holder "Don't think outside the box. Rather, refuse to admit that the box exists in the first place!"

MGM Controllers - Giant Power Lipos - ML Boatworks - Wholt's Wire Drives & Struts - Nano-Oil

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast