Thread: Supervee 27 RECOMMENDATIONS for prop with 2200kv or 2600kv

Default Supervee 27 RECOMMENDATIONS for prop with 2200kv or 2600kv

just got this supervee 27 with no electronics or motor or esc.

It has stock prop and hardware.
    I have 2200 KV motor and 2600KV motor and 60amp esc from a UL1.
    What size prop should I go with, i'm looking for good speeds (not a racer) and at the same time longevity/durability, i dont want it burning up. the UL1 esc only runs on 4s lipo's, so keep that in mind. I'm not trying to dump a fortune in this just some good fast fun.
    I have a traxxas spartan and the speeds are great on that with lipo's of course, bone stock.
    any advice is appreciated.

thanks

Hi mate,

I'd just start with the prop everyone recomends for the SV, and thats a 'Grimracer 42x55'

They give the best top end and the ecellerations pretty good too, or you could try a 'octura x440'
    I have both and they're great props, but they will need to be balanced and sharpend if you don't already buy them that way.

Hope this helps

Tone

If I was you i'd go with the 2200kv and a x440 so you dont blow the esc.
    Prince 25 8XL,Delta force 29 8XL, SV27,Rio 51,Mini Rio,Stock Miss Geico m445,ERBE,Baja 5B SS, Hyper ST, Castle Emaxx.

thanks Makin waves & brushless01 i appreciate the feedback.
    I havent balanced or sharpened a blade before but i'm a quick learner.
    any thoughts on this balancer from OSE BALANCER LINK
    I have couple other 55" gasoline boats with prather 270 props i want to balance and sharpen too, these are 1/4" shafts.

Im thinking of buying the 70 birdie esc from Hobbyking to use in either this sv27 or my rio ep conversion thats been unsuccessful so far.

Never used that balancer I use the grim racer one and get great results.
    Prince 25 8XL,Delta force 29 8XL, SV27,Rio 51,Mini Rio,Stock Miss Geico m445,ERBE,Baja 5B SS, Hyper ST, Castle Emaxx.

Quote Originally Posted by Brushless01 View Post
    Never used that balancer I use the grim racer one and get great results.

Tone

Quote Originally Posted by aminoacid View Post
    just got this supervee 27 with no electronics or motor or esc.

It has stock prop and hardware.
    I have 2200 KV motor and 2600KV motor and 60amp esc from a UL1.
    What size prop should I go with, i'm looking for good speeds (not a racer) and at the same time longevity/durability, i dont want it burning up. the UL1 esc only runs on 4s lipo's, so keep that in mind. I'm not trying to dump a fortune in this just some good fast fun.
    I have a traxxas spartan and the speeds are great on that with lipo's of course, bone stock.
    any advice is appreciated.

thanks
    What size are the motors?
    NEED PARALLEL CONNECTORS?? QUALITY 5.5MM, 8MM, 8 AND 10 AWG, GET THEM HERE: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...est!&highlight=

Cool

Im thinking of buying the 70 birdie esc from Hobbyking to use in either this sv27 or my rio ep conversion...
    Bad idea, not enough amperage capacity. The UL-1's 60-amp ESC is under-rated, a rare thing in this hobby. Get at least a 100 amp ESC, and 120 would be better. You can easily exceed those values with the 2600 Kv motor and a large enough prop, a bigger ESC will help prevent burn-downs.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

OK on the bad idea 70amp birdie, out the window i guess.

the 2 motors i have now are 3656- 2600kv
    and a 3660 2200kv.

I'm new to brushless power and lipo's. I'm having trouble figuring out the big differences between the numbers when shopping around cuz i got those 2 motors on recommendations from other posters. I know the number 36 means 36mm can size, but the proceeding numbrs i assume mean the higher the more power.
    so is it safe to compare and say the difference between a 2856 -2600kv and a 3656-2600kv is basically torque and "horsepower" so to speak, as well as amp and or watt consumption. Pardon my ignorant questions, but through college I was always told by my numerous professors that a stupid question is one that is NOT asked!!
    and now i'm happy to say that I have graduate level education, but i'm still behind on this RC stuff. Its a damn addiction and pretty soon I will suggest to one of these show's like "dr. drew, celerbrity rehab"....and the like to have a rehab program for addicted RC folks!!! lol

So..............taking the big motor out of the smaller boat huh? Good idea, i'd run the 2200kv on 4s with a Turnigy 120a. Should be a sweet setup for the SV.......................consider trying an x440 to start, then if temps are all good an x442. Looking forward to seeing this one get going!
    NEED PARALLEL CONNECTORS?? QUALITY 5.5MM, 8MM, 8 AND 10 AWG, GET THEM HERE: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...est!&highlight=

Quote Originally Posted by Make-a-Wake View Post
    So..............taking the big motor out of the smaller boat huh? Good idea, i'd run the 2200kv on 4s with a Turnigy 120a. Should be a sweet setup for the SV.......................consider trying an x440 to start, then if temps are all good an x442. Looking forward to seeing this one get going!
    Yea make-a-wake im thinking of doing that using those 2 motors for the vee27 and using the rio ep as wood burner fuel.. lol just kidding.
    I just know that rio EP would be a fun little boat. not giving up on her quite yet.

thanks for your recommendation, 120a turnigy on 4s, x440 and let her rip. I have strut bushing on order now for it.

2200kv on 4s with a Turnigy 120a. !
    which 120amp, aquastar or marine? both are watercooled.

This Turnigy marine. http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._Boat_ESC.html

According to many users of the aquastar, its a frustrating pile of &%*$&*

OK on the bad idea 70amp birdie, out the window i guess.

the 2 motors i have now are 3656- 2600kv
    and a 3660 2200kv.

I'm new to brushless power and lipo's. I'm having trouble figuring out the big differences between the numbers when shopping around cuz i got those 2 motors on recommendations from other posters. I know the number 36 means 36mm can size, but the proceeding numbrs i assume mean the higher the more power.
    so is it safe to compare and say the difference between a 2856 -2600kv and a 3656-2600kv is basically torque and "horsepower" so to speak, as well as amp and or watt consumption. Pardon my ignorant questions, but through college I was always told by my numerous professors that a stupid question is one that is NOT asked!!
    and now i'm happy to say that I have graduate level education, but i'm still behind on this RC stuff. Its a damn addiction and pretty soon I will suggest to one of these show's like "dr. drew, celerbrity rehab"....and the like to have a rehab program for addicted RC folks!!! lol

The first number is indeed the can size (diameter) and the second number is the can lenghth, then the last number ( with the KV is the output power)

Hope this helps

Tone

a little off the topic, but how can I measure temps of esc or motor , i dont mean current temps like a IR type of thermometer, but something that keeps memory of the highest temp reached until user resets it.
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by makin' waves View Post
    The first number is indeed the can size (diameter) and the second number is the can lenghth, then the last number ( with the KV is the output power) Hope this helps

Tone
    Nope............the kv is the number of rpm's the motor turns per volt of input.

Eagletree data logger.
    http://eagletreesystems.com/
    Can't wait 'til I get to play with mine. Be a while, the water turned hard last week, won't see open water until April!
    If my boats upside down then who owns the one I thought I was driving the last two laps?

This Turnigy marine. http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._Boat_ESC.html

According to many users of the aquastar, its a frustrating pile of &%*$&*
    The aquastar is actually a Hifei Swordfish... I had 2 of the "aquastar" 120s. 1 i sold with a boat, the other drowned lol.. No issues with the esc after i started waterproofing. SInce steve now sells the 200s I have been buying them. I like the hifei series...
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet
    "It is easier to be wise for others than for ourselves"

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel6401 View Post
    The aquastar is actually a Hifei Swordfish... I had 2 of the "aquastar" 120s. 1 i sold with a boat, the other drowned lol.. No issues with the esc after i started waterproofing. SInce steve now sells the 200s I have been buying them. I like the hifei series...
    how do you waterproof? silicone?

how do you waterproof? silicone?

* First item http://kintecracing.com/Electrical.html and theres a video by yours truly
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet
    "It is easier to be wise for others than for ourselves"