Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: maritimo twin cat

Default maritimo twin cat

just a quick look at the next project,1 maritimo cat (h&m),2-neu brushless motors,2-120 amp hydra esc,2- wire drive lines,2- mtc powertrimm stingers, 1- toysports rudder. still waiting on parts to complete . will post more on the cat as i build her.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by bonewar; 07-19-2009 at 04:59 AM.

Cant wait to see her get going! Should be sweeeet

Nice stuff. your layout looks exact to mine. Cant wait to see em both run. I hope yours is much faster since you have spent the mula on some expensive yet quality stuff! good luck

How do you adjust your struts???

Very nice equipment. What size of counter rotating props?

Douggie

Quote Originally Posted by Mich. Maniac View Post
    I'm probably pulling a "captain obvious" but it seems the struts are laying on their sides and their is no vertical adjustment......that I can see.

Still, the boat looks awesome
    BOATS CAN FLY AND SHOULD!

Quicksiver I'm pretty sure the strut is just laying there unmounted to give us a sneak peak.
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

That makes a hell of a lot more sense doesn't it? I'm sorry I had just woke up.
    BOATS CAN FLY AND SHOULD!

hi mich maniac, the struts adjust up and down with a alan key (pic

) the pic is the same strut on the back of my sv-27,flying scotsman the props i will start with will be 42mm counter rotating(cf) later change to sharpen/polished c.b props,quicksilver the strut lying on the cat is on its side, it stands upright and allows adjustment-or+ strut angle.

Quote Originally Posted by Mich. Maniac View Post
    I am also puzzled. Where are you going to attach the strut support?

Douggie

AHHHh, I see now. Slick stuff man. there will be plenty of room for supports and adjustment. Sorry to clutter up your thread man!

Default twin cat

ok i got myself busy i made up some motor mounts and some plates that will go on the inside of the hull against the transom 2 for each sponsons transom 1 for the rudder placment for added strenght and peace of mind . the next part will be mounting the motor mounts in the hull at the right angle than i will renforce the motor with another plate(pic) i just have to cut the right height so both motors will be supported with 2 mounts. will post pics when i have completed the mounts . the stingers in the photo are mtc prowertrim they will go on the cat when i do the motor mounts.

Talking

the maritimo cat awsome!
    Last edited by bonewar; 07-23-2008 at 05:13 AM.

Default update on the maritimo

well ive got myself busy with some painting , im going to make the boat look as close to the real boat as possible , so i've got a bit of detailing to do . this is where im up to .

looks nice.
    why do you have turn fins in the first picture?
    you know. H and M boats are no proboats.. LOL
    EYEKANDYGRAPHICS

www.rclipos.com

Quote Originally Posted by Eyekandyboats View Post
    looks nice.
    why do you have turn fins in the first picture?
    you know. H and M boats are no proboats.. LOL
    i don't no how those little suckers got in that photo, there now on my sv27.

Default update

hi guys , got busy with strengthen the hull , first i cut to shape styrene to put inside the front of the hull for flotation and strength. then i made myself a carbon fiber bulk head . i glass in the carbon fiber cloth then added the bulk head . the boat is almost bullet Prof,it stiffened up everything nicely. the styrene only weigh 80g,the carbon cloth,bulk head added another 130g , so the total weight penalty was only 210grams,awesome. now its time to add the motor mounts, shafts, stingers,rudder. i will post more when Ive done this .
    Last edited by bonewar; 07-11-2008 at 04:57 AM.

wow, very nice job on the carbon fiber. looks super clean.

sick build!

where did you get the stingers?

that looks great. but in a a cat boat like that, i would be concerned that you blocked off a area where the batteries will be going to help with C of G.
    EYEKANDYGRAPHICS

www.rclipos.com

that looks great. but in a a cat boat like that, i would be concerned that you blocked off a area where the batteries will be going to help with C of G.
    Naaa, I think the packs he has pictured are about where they will be if not further back. However I wonder why you didnt make a flat spot for motor mounts? Anyway. nice clean build so far!

If its done can we get some VIDEOS looks great man.

mike

Talking update 2

thanks for the comments, all will be revealed in the next couple of weeks, before i put any styrene or carbon into the cat i put all the components in and found the cog,( have a look at the pic with the lipos sitting in the hull , on the left side you can see a small black mark , where the lid shuts down on , this is the cog for the hull) the lipos go pretty much where they are and the motors will go down in the sponsons, the rest of the gear goes under the back hatch, the esc's go in the sponsons as well, just trying to figure out where to run all the water tubes so the inside looks clean. Mich I'm using the original motor mounts that came with the hull , so no need for a flat spot. I'm going to glass them in when i figure out where they need to be.
    Last edited by bonewar; 07-11-2008 at 05:10 PM.

Angry

eyekandyboats mate have you ever built a h&m maritimo cat,do you think i would put a bulk head in if my batteries where suppose to go there , mate i appreciate the comments but please don't ruin my thread with silly comments about things you don't understand. fell free to ask me why. or is it better to criticize every pic i summit. mate I'm doing this for those people out there who are interested in this boat,and just maybe help someone else build one of these boats.
    Last edited by bonewar; 07-12-2008 at 11:16 PM.

Keep up the good work Boney.
    I can't wait to see the finished boat and a video of it on the water.
    I almost bought one of those hulls from Andrew G, it was a toss up between the Maritimo and the Jolly.
    Twin cats rock.
    Graham.

Quote Originally Posted by bonewar View Post
    just trying to figure out where to run all the water tubes so the inside looks clean. Mich I'm using the original motor mounts that came with the hull , so no need for a flat spot. I'm going to glass them in when i figure out where they need to be.
    I hear ya on the routing of wires and cooling. I think I have figured mine out and well, things have to go where they end up sometimes! I am kinda bummed cause I didnt get motor mounts with mine. I was hoping to get some vid of mine this weekend but its just not gonna happen. Keep it goine Bonewar. Wish we were closer geographicly to race em!!!

Rick
    Keep up the good work. This is build ranks on the top of the list with any I have seen before. We are all greatfull your sharing this work of art with us.
    Tom G

Quote Originally Posted by bonewar View Post
    eyekandyboats mate have you ever built a h&m maritimo cat,do you think i would put a bulk head in if my batteries where suppose to go there , mate i appreciate the comments but please don't ruin my thread with silly comments about things you don't understand. fell free to ask me why. or is it better to criticize every pic i summit. mate I'm doing this for those people out there who are interested in this boat,and just maybe help someone else build one of these boats.
    I'm sorry for offering my advice. having setup multiple cats in my past 7 years of boating I clearly know nothing. having built several boats and one that is currently on the market and two that are soon coming.
    and you have not yet built a Maritimo cat either, you are still currently building it and have not yet had it in the water.
    advice is all I gave and a smart ass answer is what i received. I hope your attitude toward others does not represent all Australians
    now back to topic.
    Last edited by Eyekandyboats; 07-13-2008 at 07:47 PM.
    EYEKANDYGRAPHICS

www.rclipos.com

Rick,

The build is going great mate! You should have a fast, durable boat once it's done.

Hwo are you going with your decals? If you need some of the ones I couldn't provide, shoot the Maritimo team an email. They were very helpful to me.

Looking forward to some video when she's done

Scott

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by fastbaltek View Post
    sick build!

where did you get the stingers?
    fastbaltek mate , the drives are called mtc powertrimm v (long version) .you can buy them from mhz usa , thet cost $143us . pic1 is the short version, pic 2 is the long version. hope this helps
    Last edited by bonewar; 07-13-2008 at 09:07 PM.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast