Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is the fastest mini these days? Cast your vote!

Quote Originally Posted by larryrose11 View Post
    BILL OXIDEAN,
    I have seen the BBY Lift-master rigger series only on this site. Awesome looking / running boat.
    Randy had a pic of a small lift master in another build (the pink lift-master build)
    Can you tell us more about this smaller of the lift-masters? Will it become available to the public, or at lease OSE members
    Happy holidays!
    Randy has about 6-versions of the lift master from what I understand.
    One benefit to dealing with a MFGR like BBY is he will build anything you ask for.
    If you saw a smaller one, he will gladly build it for you. in fact, any combination of tub and sponson in the lift master series can be mixed and matched to a customer's desire.

I hope this answers your questions.

BILL OXIDEAN,
    Do you know of a website where he catalogs these various designs, or should I just contact him directly?
    Cheetah, Super Rio, (Mod) Starship (Mod and sold),

Quote Originally Posted by martin View Post
    The 6mm = .236" solid boom tubes were chosen for their larger diameter + solid rod for the increase in strength.
    Where do you buy these again? Link?
    Been in RC for years. But have not tried all the types of boats.... YET!

The esc was an RC Max 60amp watercooled which was £13 or around $20, i got it from giantcod.co.uk. I believe these esc are the same as the many cheapo different badge ones that are on Ebay under various names.
    So you CAN add water cooling to a Mini Sprint? I had doubts due to lack of space etc. Rudder pick up?

By the way, what's the biggest 3S battery that will fit in a Mini Sprint?
    Been in RC for years. But have not tried all the types of boats.... YET!

In the UK you can get carbon rod & tube from model shops, if they dont stock it just get them to order what you want. Both Ripmax & J Perkins import the carbon, thats were model shops get theirs from but you cant buy direct from them though you have to go through model shops. Look up Ripmax & J Perkins % all the carbons on their sites around £6-7 a metre length. Martin.

The rudder with the kit has a water pick up already so you just need to add water line to tub. The largest size lipo i found you could get in was 2200mah as you are restricted on length that you can get in. When i built mine i raised the deck of the tube up arounf 6mm so as to get 3s in along with a bigger water cooled esc. Ive since moded the tub again raising up further as im going to use a Leopard 2860 motor with 120amp esc & poss 4s. I think its going to be quite quick hopefully. Martin.

Hear is a few pictures from BBY

this boat went 84MPH

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    click on the pictures and you will find more of my work, you can call me info on front of my web site.

http://www.bbyracing.com/elecmicrohulls.asp
    Randy
    For ABS, Fiberglass, Carbon hulls and Stainless hardware
    BBY Racing

The rudder with the kit has a water pick up already so you just need to add water line to tub. The largest size lipo i found you could get in was 2200mah as you are restricted on length that you can get in. When i built mine i raised the deck of the tube up arounf 6mm so as to get 3s in along with a bigger water cooled esc. Ive since moded the tub again raising up further as im going to use a Leopard 2860 motor with 120amp esc & poss 4s. I think its going to be quite quick hopefully. Martin.
    Nice!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12