Thread: drop in outboard on stiletto

Default drop in outboard on stiletto

ok im new to stiletto and im already looking into some mods for it how ever outboard leg looks is killing me and im looking to change it with something that could be mounted to the original mount?

CANT BELIEVE NO ONE HASNT BEEN ABLE TO ANSWER MY QUESTION

Sorry, but I spent almost a year developing the Stiletto with Pro Boat, and especially took a lot of time to get that lower unit to function like a race-unit, but look like a scale unit... It's a KILLER unit, and functions great, especially if you take the time to blue-print it, as described in my race prep thread, here on this site. I COULD be a little offended by your post comments...

However, being that I have broad shoulders and don't easily take offense... I will tell you that the bolt pattern on the transom should match up almost exactly with an OS Lower... I'm not sure if the stub height will be able to be correct with the stock OS adjustment range, but I think it should be relatively close.

I think that a Lawless or other race style lower can be fitted if you use a Dubro 3.5 mount also. I believe the pattern should match up.

You'll save a bit of weight with different lower. The stock one weighs around 13oz, if I recall. I think my Lawless weighs about 8oz...

Have FUN!
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Darin Jordan View Post
    Sorry, but I spent almost a year developing the Stiletto with Pro Boat, and especially took a lot of time to get that lower unit to function like a race-unit, but look like a scale unit... It's a KILLER unit, and functions great, especially if you take the time to blue-print it, as described in my race prep thread, here on this site. I COULD be a little offended by your post comments...

However, being that I have broad shoulders and don't easily take offense... I will tell you that the bolt pattern on the transom should match up almost exactly with an OS Lower... I'm not sure if the stub height will be able to be correct with the stock OS adjustment range, but I think it should be relatively close.

I think that a Lawless or other race style lower can be fitted if you use a Dubro 3.5 mount also. I believe the pattern should match up.

You'll save a bit of weight with different lower. The stock one weighs around 13oz, if I recall. I think my Lawless weighs about 8oz...

Have FUN!
    By all mean no disrespect on the design and the time that took the develope this boat and the components that make this boat complete however I'm more like a looks kind of guy and also performance but I just don't want my stiletto to look just like another stiletto and still perform as well , however my first time on the water with it everything still stock and the shaft assembly broke on it thumps down on that one so on that note thanks for the reply Darin and any Other tips will be appreciated

As Darin said read his race prep thread do as he says in there and you won't have any trouble apart from regular wear and tear I have one done all the race prep and the boat flies and in 12 months I have broke 2 flex shafts and that's it, as to the outdrive part of the outboard just change that for a hyperformance one fits in exactly and works very well. I do recommend you read darins thread well worth it.
    Stephen
    Socal Fe member, miss gieco castle 1515 1y t-180, blackjack29 stock,insane FE30 p sport castle 1515 1y t-180, insane FE30 p spec ul-1 motor t-120, insane 34"mono neu 1521 1.5d t-180

ok so conquest has been acomplished here is a pix

I don't think it looks as good as the stock one if I'm honest. Does it perform any better?

Quote Originally Posted by jamespl View Post
    I don't think it looks as good as the stock one if I'm honest. Does it perform any better?
    it actually performs better than the stock one plus you dont have to make all the mods like the stock one and is lighter

Hey serpent can you please inform me on what outboard did you put on your stiletto and are there any problems with it? Anymore broken flex cable? Also I am curious why did the stock stiletto have the motor cover and yours does not, will water mess up the motor if the boat flips?

Quote Originally Posted by rhengst22 View Post
    Hey serpent can you please inform me on what outboard did you put on your stiletto and are there any problems with it? Anymore broken flex cable? Also I am curious why did the stock stiletto have the motor cover and yours does not, will water mess up the motor if the boat flips?
    The was a OS outboard unit , there is really no need for the motor cover as brushless motors could go underwater with damaging them just spray some corrosion x and the way you go , performance wise OS outboard units are much better than stock just my opinion but then again I wouldn't waste my time putting it on stilleto on a different hull yes

Where did you get it? What flex cable did you use and where did you get it? And wait so why not put it on a stiletto hull? You did.

Quote Originally Posted by rhengst22 View Post
    Where did you get it? What flex cable did you use and where did you get it? And wait so why not put it on a stiletto hull? You did.
    I used the stock flex cable that came with the OS outboard , at the time I didn't know much about tunnel boats and as i learned more about them I came to the conclusion that the stilleto is just and meant to be just a rtr and not a racing boat then again this is just my opinion , now if you want a good handling tunnel to start heat racing aquacraft vs1 is good start but needs to be converted to fe as it is a nitro hull

You can find the OS OUTBOARD HERE ON OSE , it is a bolt on deal with no mods needed besides modding your cowl to fit the motor

Here is a link to a vs1fe video I had on race trim running with modded nitro tunnels , the boat red and white

Yea I won't be doing any racing just SAW passes but don't wanna brake any more flex shafts.

Hey serpent can you look on here on OSE at the hyper performance 3.5 bullet drive outboard leg and tell me if this would mount up to a stiletto and what's the difference between this one and the use one. Thank you so much for helping me.

i dont know about the hyperpormance bullet drive , but i now OS will fit for sure and is better quality

I have run both the is unit and the proboat outdrives, to be honest I could not see a difference after I had done all the mods Darin says to do, and it really doesn't take long to do, and 1 of them I did to the os unit as well, I removed the Teflon liner and made one out of brass, less drag less flex breakages made for more speed. The only other thing I changed on the pb unit was the outdrive, I fitted the one from hyperformance and I still believe like this it was as good as the os unit.
    Serpent I suggest you change your water lines as they are in the picture you don't have very effective cooling, I would have the line go to the esc first then into the motor jacket on the lowest union and exit out of the top one, this way the whole jacket is filled with water, plus its out in the open so is cooler by default, so giving the esc fresh cold water first its going to help keep it esc colder. Just my 2cents worth
    Socal Fe member, miss gieco castle 1515 1y t-180, blackjack29 stock,insane FE30 p sport castle 1515 1y t-180, insane FE30 p spec ul-1 motor t-120, insane 34"mono neu 1521 1.5d t-180

Quote Originally Posted by Darin Jordan View Post

Have FUN!
    Do they make a better lower drive for this Stiletto lower unit ? bearings? a better grease system (to hold more grease) ive been running mine for about 3 weeks a the prop drive is getting loose , looks like im am going to have to change it and did not know of a aftermarket upgrade.
    Dave

hi Dave

My proboat outboard has been upgraded with brass liner with oiler and replaced the stock propshaft with the hyperperformance and it run much faster with the stock setup but I use 5s and surprise the stock 60A esc can handle it
    Stiletto tunnel,EPV135 (53") twin cat, CT06"Spirit of Qatar", FD 47" mono, Twin Mini Cat 23.5"

hello sense i posted that i found the stelletto glog that gav good info and now she is ready for the water Saturday. It came out good.

Thanks
    Dave